Profile for Sarria > Reviews

done.: What most religions don't tell you about the Bible
done.: What most religions don't tell you about the Bible
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic must read for those new to Christ, 24 April 2014
A must read for anyone who had just met Jesus, and for those seekers who are unsure. Easy quick read with lasting thoughts that leave us in do doubt as to the love God has for us.

The Promise of Security (booklet)
The Promise of Security (booklet)
Price: 0.70

5.0 out of 5 stars short, focussed read with excellent scripture extracts to deliver affirmation, 24 April 2014
There are some biblical passages that it does no harm to have reiterated. This little, stunningly easy book can be read in 10 minutes but it like getting a big hug! Pulls scripture together that encourages, affirms and inspires. The extracts of scripture serving to speak right into your heart and deliver TGIF message of just how much our Heavenly Father loves us so very very much. A much needed little read.

Prayers That Rout Demons: Prayers for Defeating Demons and Overthrowing the Powers of Darkness
Price: 4.32

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 24 April 2014
Prayer with scripture. Fabulous. Exactly the book I needed at this point in my prayer journey. Highly recommended to those starting out in their prayer life and not over confident in biblical navigation.

Deadly Obsession
Deadly Obsession
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced, well rounded characters and great storyline, 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: Deadly Obsession (Kindle Edition)
Fast paced, well rounded characters and great storyline - I really enjoyed this book. Who would ever have thought its a first from its author whose writing leaves no holes, flows perfectly and her character descriptions are rounded and engaging. Obsession is very scary - even in love - it can be frightening - and the central character Casey finds this out. Obsessional behaviors comes in all guises, from caring to wanting to control. A hidden darkness to unveil. The plot carried me though and I read this through the night in one sitting - I love it when a book can do that to me.
I enjoyed this read and look forward to reading more from this author.

This We Know
This We Know
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind opening, questioning and thought challenging read. A Must., 23 Sep 2012
This review is from: This We Know (Kindle Edition)
According to Google's advanced algorithms, there is nearly 130 million books, or 129,864,880, to be exact in publication.

This we know.

However google's count was prior to the release of "this we know" by Tom Evans, which means google has not counted one influential and thought challenging books of the modern day. Tom looks at knowledge. Knowledge is power. Perhaps what has more power though lies within what we don't know. Tom challenges what we don't know vs what we do know and as he writes his way through the "what if we did know" questions challenges "what we do know" making the reader think differently and explore what we don't know as in what we don't yet know.......and in thinking this way there are suddenly so many possible scenarios. It took me 20 minutes to read this little book. Currently that's one eigth of the time I've subsequently been thinking about the content of the book which no doubt I will re read as I challenge my thinking of what I don't know. Is changing the world as simple as all of us really changing our thinking? Can world harmony, or multiuniversal peace be achieved because 7 billion people simply "changed their mind". Possibly. This we don't yet know, but it would be good to try.

The Bond, A Paranormal Love Story
The Bond, A Paranormal Love Story
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars For the spiritually in tune, this is oh so very possible. Brilliant story., 28 Nov 2011
I really enjoyed this! I am very spiritual and would normally steer away with anything "paranormal" in its title. However, the story takes on what I would call a real spiritual possibility. When two people are involved in a car accident on the same night at opposite ends of the county their souls meet, there becomes a bond so strong that upon waking, both people can recall with great clarity meeting the other and as a reader you want the to be able to meet up in real life! As the story moves forward and we learn about their lives, the bond between the two characters remains and thanks to the insight and skill of other character, it becomes possible for them to finally meet. They meet in the nick of time as the story unfolds one of them is in great danger (I will stop there or this will be a spoiler!)
Well worth a download and a read - the story had me on the edge of my seat.

Crowded (Deep River High: Book One 1)
Crowded (Deep River High: Book One 1)
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concepts, very readable and thought provoking, 27 Nov 2011
I enjoyed this book. It clearly raises some issues that are perhaps taboo. Male bulimia, abortion, therapy for the male after abortion, self harming, friendship and personal relationships with God. All themes woven in what is fundamentally about teenagers falling in love. Watching the character, Josh, fall into a spiral of self destruction was difficult. I wanted to scream out that no All loving God would want a man to feel so consumed and broken by guilt. A teenage perspective of abortion and some graphic scenes from the characters imagination are disturbing, it's easy to see why anti abortionist sensational images have played havoc with his mind and almost sent him mad. It brings home to me how the label "Christian" is something you are, but Christianity is not always what you do.....a true christian follows the example of Christ and forgives, does not make judgement and loves and understands, something other characters in the book are perhaps unable to practice.

It's a thought provoking read.

The Diary
The Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars A short, sharp, face stinging slap. A wake up call. A lesson., 27 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Diary (Kindle Edition)
Ok, for the price I expected more than 14 pages. However, it's quality not quantity here.
I thought I was reading a diary of an obese person. Then the shock in the form of a letter. If I write too much I will give the story way so I wont.
All I am going to say is, if you know of someone suffering from an eating disorder, ask them to read it
If you know someone suffering, try and talk to them, it's not about food. It's about self esteem.
Read this.

Sick Notes: True Stories from the GP's Surgery
Sick Notes: True Stories from the GP's Surgery
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars funny, insightful, but, 24 Nov 2011
puts me off doctors a little bit!!
A good red, I enjoyed gaining insight, but felt it came across in parts a little unsympathetic.
A good read on the whole though!

Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Price: 2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Lough out loud funny in places!, 20 Oct 2011
Having been to the doctors a lot recently I thought it would be interesting to read about things from a doctors viewpoint. I have to say I found the book in parts very amusing and I am not sure how many a GP keeps a straight face! It has not encouraged my faith in GP's in general, but this book makes it all perhaps a little more human. Although lough out loud funny in parts, I struggled with this doctors lack of compassion and human kindness in parts and found it hard to understand a blaize attitude at times. Still a great read and one I would recommend. Its put me off going to the doctors now I understand I am possibly perceived as a "type"