Profile for Wendy W > Reviews

Content by Wendy W

Wendy W

Page: 1 | 2
Luxury Polyester Cushion Pad (18inch x 18inch) (White)
Luxury Polyester Cushion Pad (18inch x 18inch) (White)
Offered by E 4 Emporium Limited
Price: 3.38

5.0 out of 5 stars looks deceiving, 19 Dec 2013
Thought this was too small for the cover I knitted and prepared for disappointment, but it fits perfectly. Quality is fine too.

New! Helping Hand Classic 32"
New! Helping Hand Classic 32"
Offered by Millercare Mobility Specialists
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Friend, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: New! Helping Hand Classic 32"
I have arthritis and find picking up objects from the floor, especially mail, particularly challenging. The Helping Hand is well named, but needs a little practice to get the technique right at first. Now I find it is useful for loading and unloading the washing machine and reaching for items at the back of cupboards etc. I never realised it could help in so many ways.

OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler
OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Peeler, 15 May 2013
If your fingers are arthritic, it's not easy to find an effective and comfortable peeler, but this one is ideal. I have tried others, but this one is best.

75 Knitted Floral Blocks: Beautiful Patterns to Mix and Match for Throws, Accessories, Baby Blankets and More
by Lesley Stanfield
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 19 Mar 2013
I haven't knitted any of these blocks yet, but have spent a long time enjoying the pictures and planning where to start...

Farewell To The East End: The Last Days of the East End Midwives (Call The Midwife)
by Jennifer Worth
Price: 3.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 19 Mar 2013
This book tells you what happened to the midwives and nuns after leaving Nonnatus house and is beautifully written, as all Jennifer Worth's books are. She has left a fitting testament to the people of Poplar.

Knit New York: 10 Iconic New York Projects
Knit New York: 10 Iconic New York Projects
by Emma King
Price: 7.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, 8 Nov 2012
I already have Knit London in this series and this is just as inspiring. Even if you don't want to knit everything in it, it fires your imagination.I will knit the New York yellow cab to go with the London red bus and black cab from Knit London.

ClearZal Callus Creme Triple Action Callus Remover 59g
ClearZal Callus Creme Triple Action Callus Remover 59g

5.0 out of 5 stars Foot relief, 26 May 2012
I am usually sceptical about products that claim instant relief for foot problems, having tried many in the past for a painful ball of foot callus which regularly recurs. However, in desperation, I researched products to alleviate the pain available from Amazon for speedy delivery and chose this particular one fairly randomly. Within days, it had worked. I have used it daily since then and the callus has not returned and my foot is pain-free. Highly recommended.

Breville VTP067 White 3.5 L Slow Cooker
Breville VTP067 White 3.5 L Slow Cooker

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Asset, 2 Feb 2012
This slow cooker is stylish, easy to use and clean and produces superb results with very little effort. I have never used one before, so it's a revelation. Good size for 2 - 4 people. Highly recommend, but buy a recipe book at the same time, if a novice like me, as manual contains only a couple of suggestions.

Knitting for Gold (Love to Knit)
Knitting for Gold (Love to Knit)
by Sue McBride
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready, Get Set, Go!, 23 Dec 2011
This book arrived this morning, much earlier than expected, allowing me to begin my charity knitting in good time to celebrate the Olympics.The patterns use mainly DK yarn and 2-needle stocking stitch,and there are 2 basic doll patterns, so should be easy to produce lots of dolls. The book is well presented, with lots of pictures on high quality paper and contains many accessories to knit for 20 different sports. I recommend it highly to anyone who wishes to knit sporting mascots and would appeal to a wide range of knitting expertise. Casting on right now...

Fisherprice My Baby Play All Day Baby
Fisherprice My Baby Play All Day Baby

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutie doll, 22 Dec 2011
This doll is very pretty and well presented and has a British voice, just right for a 4yr old blond chatterbox like my Grand-daughter. I am confident she will be delighted with her present.

Page: 1 | 2