Profile for MissVenner > Reviews

MissVenner

Prehistoric Park
Prehistoric Park

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a go, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Prehistoric Park (App)
Its a good game for dropping in and out of as you have to wait a while for your coins to build up on the rides; it isn't very fast paced. However, the graphics are brilliant and its rather good fun!

Sleek High Bun Hair Tutorial
Sleek High Bun Hair Tutorial

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Sleek High Bun Hair Tutorial (App)
I can't even remember why I didn't like it, it was that bad. There's nothing on it! Don't bother with it.

A Brief History of Neoliberalism
A Brief History of Neoliberalism
by David Harvey
Price: 9.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to the area, 28 Mar 2013
This is a good introduction to the area of neoliberalism, this coming from someone who has diddly squat knowledge on the area. It's hard going at first but when you get passed the first chapter or so, you just sort of roll through it. Well written, seems well researched to me.

Only thing was my copy came with writing in it, which I wasn't pleased about as it was meant to be 'very good condition'.

eBay
eBay

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this app!, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: eBay (App)
Great app with everything you need as a buyer or seller on the go. Doesn't have everything the full website has, such as forums, tips, history of buying and selling activity in detail etc, but apart from that it'd a great app!

5.0 out of 5 stars I am in love with my Kindle!, 26 Jan 2013
I can't complain about my Kindle at all. The best thing about it is definitely it's little size which, when you are using it, you do not notice at all. I love being able to stick it in my bag and go out for the day. I have everything I need in my little Kindle and it is all so well put together. The functioning of the kindle is very streamlined and it is really enjoyable to use. I have not had any problems with it yet and I have had it for just under a month. The screen is so clear and the side it so handy to hold when typing. It is odd at first not having the interface similar to iPad but I much prefer it now that I am used to it. Everything is very neat and organised and you can choose which apps to have on the front screen reel. After being used to an iPad for 2 years I was apprehensive and worried about getting something out of my comfort zone. Now I am really glad that I decided to get this tablet as it suit me and my lifestyle perfectly. The battery lasts me all day, with regular use and connection to internet, and the pre-made categories on the tablet are so useful. It doesn't bother me that there is advertising integrated into the tablet as it genuinely does provide solutions and doesn't at any time push anything on you.

If you want an attractive and highly reactive interface with all of the add-ons you would need and a decent amount of apps, you're sorted. The videos are particularly good, and I have actually really enjoyed having Lovefilm so easily accessible and quick to use. I read PDFs for my degree on the Adobe app and have been downloading books recently. Books is good for customising the interface and I love the highlighting and notes option. Silk,the web browser, is also good but it takes a little bit of getting used to. Using social network apps is really good on the kindle as they don't constantly sign out or crash.

Overall, after many months of tablet contemplation, I would never look back now. I think the people who have given this tablet a bad rating are either kidding themselves or are doing something seriously wrong. And for the price, well, I'd have paid more it is that good. There is nothing to dislike; it is based around the needs of an average person in everyday life, leisure or work related. I love my little Kindle and we've become a bit of an inseparable team!

Learn Italian with babbel.com
Learn Italian with babbel.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 23 Jan 2013
I am a complete beginner and I am already learning the basics easily. I listens to your pronunciation and rates it and doesn't let you move on until you've said it properly! Just what I need to learn properly.

Bubble Birds 3
Bubble Birds 3

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love bubble games, you'll love this!, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Bubble Birds 3 (App)
I couldn't find the bubble app I like on my iPhone so I was really pleased when I discovered this is a replica of the other one, just with cute birds instead! I might actually prefer this one as there is no waiting around to go to the next level without being forced to pay for add ons. Great game!

The Palgrave Student Planner 2012-2013 (Palgrave Study Skills)
The Palgrave Student Planner 2012-2013 (Palgrave Study Skills)
by Dr Stella Cottrell
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 7.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic organiser for students!, 16 Oct 2012
I was pleased with this planner from the moment it arrived. I'm in my 3rd year of university and needed something to keep me on track with all the things I'll be remembering and so far, I have remembered everything thanks to the simple layout. And apart from the main diary part, there is every planning sheet you might ever imagine to need, from laundry symbols, assignment date tables, contact sheets... You name it, it's got it! Highly recommended, the best planner ever.

The Emperor Hadrian
The Emperor Hadrian
by Thorsten Opper
Price: 8.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting little book, 26 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Emperor Hadrian (Hardcover)
Lovely pictures with good detail. It is an interesting little book on the life of Hadrian and the people around him.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Wildfire pouch is great!, 26 Sep 2011
Nice leather pouch which fits my wildfire perfectly. It has a pull-up tab at the bag to pull your phone out safely and most importantly, the case does the job - protects the phone! Came quickly too. Great value for money.