Profile for A. S. Patterson > Reviews

Content by A. S. Patterson

A. S. Patterson (South Shields, UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 18 Jan. 2010
I bought this as a replacement remote for my sky + box. It looks and feels like the original sky+ remote. I just put the batteries in and it works great, including operating the tv. My dad bought me a one for all remote which would not operate the tv and it fell to bits within weeks. Don't buy cheap imitations which could cost you more in the long run. A great product.

One Dog at a Time: Saving the Strays of Helmand - An Inspiring True Story
One Dog at a Time: Saving the Strays of Helmand - An Inspiring True Story
by Pen Farthing

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldnt put this book down!, 21 Mar. 2009
I bought this book as I am a owner of 2 rescue dogs and was intrigued by the title. This book is compelling, its a fascinating glimpse of the conditions are troops have to endure and the accidental hero that is Penny Farthing. After coming across a Afghan fighting dog tied up with wire on a patrol, Pen takes pity on him and tries to get him to a rescue centre in Afghanistan. Over the next few months a few more dogs find themselves in his care and he finds himself desparately trying to get them to safety before his term is up. I went on a rollercoaster of emotions, laughing one minute and crying the next. A brilliant read!