Profile for a_teenager_from_the_uk > Reviews

Content by a_teenager_fro...

"a_teenager_from_the_uk"

Junk (Puffin Teenage Fiction)
Junk (Puffin Teenage Fiction)
by Melvin Burgess

5.0 out of 5 stars Junk, 11 Jan. 2003
This is one of the best books I have ever read.It copes with so many teen problems. It is frank and realistic and you can relate with the charachters. It's main focus is addiction but also deals with teenage mothers,prostitution and living on the street. The plot is great. The characters are very good and different until heroin becomes they're life. The language the author uses is realistic. So many authors aiming they're books at teens try not to swear and so forth. But what they have to understand is that teens DO swear and Burgess uses slang which teens use. This book leaves you feeling sad but if you want a reason not to be a junkie this will show you them as well as providing a exciting story line. I read it when i was 12 and it made me depressed but I was very pleased I read it. People of that age should be able to read it. I think most 12 year olds can cope with it though I probabally wouldn't reccomend it to anyone younger than 10 or 11 because they may not understand some of it.

NIRVANA-NIRVANA
NIRVANA-NIRVANA
Offered by beaches_music_canada

5.0 out of 5 stars a classic, 26 Dec. 2002
This review is from: NIRVANA-NIRVANA (Audio CD)
Only a few months ago did I hear Nirvana, very surprsingly as they are a really good band. I heard it smells like teen spirit on Kerrang and really loved it so felt compelled to buy one of their albums. I couldn't decide which one to get as I didn't know if I would really like them. Then Nirvana-Nirvana came out and I immediacally bought it. It took a few days to get into but was really great. It also included the previously unreleased song- You know your right, which I had heard on the radio. Nirvana are a classic album and this CD represents their early and late music which varied alot. I have since bought other albums of theirs.
A must-buy

Skeleton Key (Alex Rider)
Skeleton Key (Alex Rider)
by Anthony Horowitz

4.0 out of 5 stars a good action book, 26 Oct. 2002
The third Alex Rider book is greatfor action. It is James Bond written by a teenager(Alex Rider)without the sex. It is not particually deep or thought provoking, nor very difficult to read. The main problem is that he is not a very believable character. To make it more realistic Horowitz gave Alex a girlfriend. Alex, even when everyone is trying to kill him only punches never picks up guns and so forth. Although, a good development is the end, where they show that Alex has changed as a result of being a spy! The "baddy" is more belivable in this story though.