Profile for Mr. LJ Blake > Reviews

Content by Mr. LJ Blake

Mr. LJ Blake (Herne Bay, Kent, UK)

A River Runs Through It [DVD] [1993]
A River Runs Through It [DVD] [1993]
Dvd ~ Craig Sheffer
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars A most wonderful heart warming tale of wild Montana. Lovely to see a fine British actress in a US film. Well done Brenda!!, 18 May 2014
Being a fly fisherman I loved the 'i can do it , just watch me' scene towards the end. A little bit over the top but wonderful just the same.

Classic Shooter Shot Glasses, 25ml (0.9oz) Set of 6.
Classic Shooter Shot Glasses, 25ml (0.9oz) Set of 6.
Offered by Bar Equipment Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars They were perfect for our dinner party., 23 Mar. 2014
Shot glasses are now very popular and these were excellent and really good value, and my wife was very pleased.

"Giles" Annual 1951: Sixth series (Collectors)
"Giles" Annual 1951: Sixth series (Collectors)
by Giles

4.0 out of 5 stars Giles Annual - 6th series 1951, 3 Mar. 2013
I like this publication because it is humour about a time I don't really remember - but only just! The publication itself is in excellent condition but it didn't get 5 Stars because it is only a facsimile and not an original. LJB

Giles at War
Giles at War
by Peter Tory

5.0 out of 5 stars Jaw, Jaw not War, War, 3 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Giles at War (Hardcover)
Giles was a reluctant soldier but he did his duty for the Country. In his cartoons he captured the feeling of the times as felt by ordinary people and portrayed the military with superb ironic humour. My first introduction to 'Giles' was via his 1st annual in 1948 with a cartoon concerning 'Hitler's Easter Egg' (It can be seen by visiting the Cartoon Archive at University of Kent at Canterbury)
LJB

Ecclesiastical History of the English People
Ecclesiastical History of the English People
by Bede

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide to early English history., 17 Dec. 2012
This is a book I remember from the early 1960s soon after I left school, I have wanted to read it ever since. Now I am retired and am an Assistant Guide at Canterbury Cathedral I shall read it at my leisure. Certain parts have in the past 50 years have been challenged by historians concerning factual statements about Canterbury but as far as my needs are concerned the basic narrative of ecclesiastic life in post Roman Britain and the development of Anglo-Saxon identity is perfect base information. I'm glad I bought it from Amazon UK.