Profile for R. Chugg > Reviews

Content by R. Chugg

R. Chugg (Devon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
BPM Black Luxury Leather Flip Case & Screen Protector for iPod Touch 4G 4th Generation 8GB 32GB 64GB
Offered by BPM UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Ca\se for IPod Touch 4G, 3 Mar 2014
This item is excellent and I was so pleased that it fitted my iPod Touch 4G so well. It is ideal as you can charge the battery without removing

Excellent speedy service also by BPM UK Ltd.

Magnetic catch works brilliantly.

AN excellent quality product at a great price.

Hunter Men's Balmoral Classic Wellies
Hunter Men's Balmoral Classic Wellies
Price: £63.75 - £93.32

3.0 out of 5 stars Size changes?, 12 Sep 2012
I purchased a pair of Hunter Balmoral Classic size 10 to replace a pair that had perished.The main reason I purchased them was that the old pair was a good fit .However, the new boots seemed bigger & when I queried this with Hunter I was told that they hadn't changed their sizes but production had moved to China.My guess is the boots are being produced on different machines in China & the sizes have changed.

Concerto: One Night In Central Park
Concerto: One Night In Central Park
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars The Magic of Andrea!!!, 17 Jun 2012
The Concerto CD was a wonderful array of Andrea's virtuosity as a singer. Not only can this man sing opera, but swing and other American greats.

I have the DVD and could not stop watching it so decided to buy the CD and how glad I am I did. It has given me countless hours of pleasure.

Andrea is remarkable in that he is able to sing with such consistent quality for two hours and probably could go on for another two!

I am an opera buff and love all the greats in this genre but Andrea has a special place in my heart. He is able to sing with such depth and feeling that it just gets to the core of the song. Andrea has brought opera to everyone and should be highly congratulated for doing so.

I highly recommend anyone to purchase this if you love opera or any other kind of music I am sure you will love it as much as I do.

Concerto:One Night In Central Park [DVD]
Concerto:One Night In Central Park [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrea Bocelli

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Andrea, 9 Jun 2012
I have just watched this wonderful Concert. It is two hours of pure bliss. Andrea has an ability to portray such emotion in his voice. He can rise you up with happiness and then bring you to tears. He is a remarkable man and in this concert has put so much of his heart. He is a consummate performer and perfectionist. I would recommend anyone who enjoys music to purchase this DVD I am sure you wont regret it.

Modigliani: A biography of Amedeo Modigliani
Modigliani: A biography of Amedeo Modigliani
by Pierre Sichel

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb informative biography on Modigliani, 30 Jan 2011
I have had this book for 40 years!!! Each time I read it I find more interesting pieces of information on Modi's life and the artists he associated with.

This is a great biography and I would agree with the other reviewer one of the best I have read. It really gets into the artists Paris between 1907 until Modi's death in poverty in 1920.

Modigliani [DVD]
Modigliani [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andy Garcia

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb film about Modigliani the Master, 7 Nov 2010
This review is from: Modigliani [DVD] (DVD)
What a superb portrayal Andy Garcia was as Modigliani. Catching the duality of the artist where he was the showman and also the serious side where his art was his all.
The self destructive side of his character was also portrayed and the ambiguity of his relationship with Jeanne Hebuterne.

Great film really enjoyed it and the icing on the cake was the haunting music at the end of the film.

Superb film.

Charms for the Easy Life [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Charms for the Easy Life [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Gena Rowlands
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming Film, 25 July 2010
Superb Gena Rowlands stars as a homeopathic healer with incredible strength and spirit. She and latterly her granddaughter work together treating a town of people with herbs and treatments. The daughter is played by Mimi Rogers, whose character is a woman always in search of love and not very interested in medicine. The granddaughter is played by Susan May Pratt and she is the family member who ends up following in her grandmother's footsteps.

The relationship between the grandmother and granddaughter is superb. It is a tear jerker and one that really touches the heart.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film and would highly recommend it to others. A great watch for a cold winter's night!!!

Ex-Pro Sony NP-FV50, NPFV50, NP-FV70, NPFV70, NP-FV100, NPFV100 Digital Camera Battery Travel Charger, UK, USA, Canada & Europe - 2 Hour Fast Charge
Offered by ExpressPro

1.0 out of 5 stars Charger doesn't charge, 25 July 2010
I ordered this with high hopes that it would replace my other charger.

I tested it and it charged one battery. I put it away and thought it would be great to take on my holiday to Corfu.

Thank goodness the night before I left I tried to charge my camcorder batteries and to my dismay it would not charge them. Luckily I had my old charger which still worked. What a disappointment!

I have it here in the original packing and am thoroughly disgusted with this item. I would nto recommend anyone to purchase thi charger.

Tosca
Tosca

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Bocelli, 17 April 2010
This review is from: Tosca (Audio CD)
It is obvious that Andrea identifieis with Cavaradossi, he is an artist, a native of Tuscany and a Puccinian. His interpretation gains strength from this identification with Puccini;s artist-hero.

Tosca is a wonderful story about love and in one of the most anguished arias ever written, Bocelli sings with such depth of feeling and tenderness about the memories he has of his lover who he may never see again. This aria is sheer poetry and if you feel deeply about music then it will not fail to move you and take you on another level.

Andrea's singing comes from his heart and his interpretation is unique. I cannot fault his wonderful Tosca. I cannot stop playing this wonderful opera

I would highly recommend anyone to listen to this wonder rendition of Tosca you wont be disappointed!!!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2011 3:34 PM BST

PD James: The Adam Dalgliesh Chronicles [DVD]
PD James: The Adam Dalgliesh Chronicles [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roy Marsden

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Dalgliesh!!, 5 April 2010
Roy Marsden's understated wonderful performance as Adam Dalgleish is breaktaking. Without hardly saying a word he conveyed the nature of this highly complex man. You felt that he was powerful, yet there was an underlying gentleness and kindness to the character. You could believe that he had an inner depth and was a sensitive soul who wrote and appreciated poetry.

I have thoroughly enjoyed revisiting this series which was first broadcast in 1984. Shroud for a Nightingale is superb. I have more to watch and know that once I have finished this box set I shall revisit time and time again.

An excellent value for money set for anyone who enjoys nostalgia and a slower pace of policing.

Highly recommend this to others.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2010 10:20 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5