Profile for Andy > Reviews

Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball - Graphite [UK Model]
Offered by Tech Tigers
Price: 24.39

4.0 out of 5 stars great mouse, wish I'd got one years ago, 16 Sep 2013
I bought this mouse as I've moved house and now have my PC hooked up to my 46” TV. Using a regular mouse is extremely uncomfortable and was giving me muscle aches. I now use the trackball and it's so much better. It only took me a couple of hours to be proficient and able to get the pointer where I want it, adjusting the sensitivity helped a lot as I now only need to move a fraction to get across the screen. It also works with Ubuntu 12.04 which is really neat, I didn't need to get any software. Only downside, and it is only minor, is that it needs line of sight (at least with my setup) and the receiver does not recognise my existing Logitech keyboard and mouse, meaning I have to plug in 2 USB receivers to use keyboard and trackball mouse. The existing receiver didn't recognise the trackball either. However, the software does recognise that I have both connected. I would recommend this product, even for big handed people like me.

Derby Street Atlas (A-Z Street Atlas)
Derby Street Atlas (A-Z Street Atlas)
by Geographers A-Z Map Company
Price: 4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Derby, not great for surrounding areas, 8 Sep 2013
The map quality is great, as I would expect from A-Z, but I would like to see a wider area covered.

thumbsUp! Aqua Mood Light
thumbsUp! Aqua Mood Light
Offered by easygostation
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat product, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: thumbsUp! Aqua Mood Light (Misc.)
The product has a wide range of colours and the remote is easy to use. Exactly what I was looking for. Only downside is that It is not a particularly attractive product.

Secondhand Rapture
Secondhand Rapture
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: Secondhand Rapture (Audio CD)
I hadn't heard of this band when I saw them at Glastonbury 2013, they were excellent. Bought the album and have not been disappointed. The songs are catchy and energetic, would recommend to fans of new music and people who love to dance in the morning (I put this on when I'm ironing my week's work shirts on a Monday morning)!

HP Deskjet 3055A e All-In-One Printer
HP Deskjet 3055A e All-In-One Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the price, 12 July 2013
Easy to set up on my network, print quality is good and the adjustable screen really helps. Easy to replace ink. I can print from my PC, Linux machine or nexus 10, all very easy. Great.

50 x 12" inch Vinyl Record Album LP 450 Gauge Polythene Sleeves Covers
50 x 12" inch Vinyl Record Album LP 450 Gauge Polythene Sleeves Covers
Offered by Vinyl Guru
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars do the job but not perfect, 12 July 2013
Plastic is good quality and I can get double gatefold records in them but with but of a struggle. I would like them to be a couple of mm higher to make it easier to get the records in. Would recommend for the price and plastic quality.

Boxer [VINYL]
Boxer [VINYL]
Price: 18.59

1.0 out of 5 stars vinyl quality is shocking, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Boxer [VINYL] (Vinyl)
In not reviewing the music, check the other reviews for that; I'm reviewing the vinyl, which is absolutely awful. The record does not rotate centrally, causing my tone arm to move side to side, which will ruin a stylus. I suspect the hole is either oversize or slightly off centre. I have returned this product and would not recommend the vinyl version.

Western Digital TV Live HD Media Player
Western Digital TV Live HD Media Player

1.0 out of 5 stars Caused network problems, 10 Nov 2012
The device caused problem after problem on my network. I connected it to my router and my tv, with my Windows 7 PC wirelessly connected to the router. The WDTV stopped my PC from connecting to the internet. I tried connecting with my linux computer, but it caused the same problem. The one time I did manage to connect to my computer to play some music it was next to impossible to configure my PC to make the WDTV see the media, something which is very simple to do with my other devices that can connect to my PC's multimedia. I would not recommend this product, the menus are slow, the interface ugly and difficult to navigate with the controller. Returning to seller ASAP.

Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Stiletto Black Ion-Plated Watch #AR3015-53E
Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Stiletto Black Ion-Plated Watch #AR3015-53E
Price: 228.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning watch, 16 May 2010
This watch is absolutely beautiful, the pictures really can't do it justice. I love the simple and elegant design, I've never been a fan of huge sparkly watches and this couldn't be any further from that. It's so elegant, the hands are needle sharp at the ends, the two finishes on the strap work perfectly together and its wafer thin.

It can be difficult to read the time in the dark, but you get used to it and it only takes a slight flick of the wrist to catch the light and tell the time. This is made easier by the hour notches, they really catch the light beautifully and add silver slivers to the watch face - absolutely stunning.

Had a few comments from friends; they really like it, and I enjoy telling them it has no light, just to see the momentary confusion that appears on their faces!! I bought it for special occasions, but I can't resist wearing it every day and can tell the time without hesitation.