Profile for D. Pearce > Reviews

Content by D. Pearce

D. Pearce "djarmhp" (rainham, kent)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 50 Natural
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 50 Natural

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality foundation, 20 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although the foundation is effective with a nice feel and a good texture, the adjective 'natural' is somewhat arguable. My daughter said that it was rather noticeable compared to other foundations being somewhat darker. That said, the quality was clear and she would be happy if this was bought for her again.

Alpen Blueberry/ Cranberry/ Yoghurt Bars 29 g (Pack of 5)
Alpen Blueberry/ Cranberry/ Yoghurt Bars 29 g (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty but pricey, 20 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The general reaction was that the bars were very tasty and they looked good, even if the amount of yoghurt was a little disappointing for my daughter! When I looked at the usual price I have to say that I thought they were a little on the expensive side and would only buy them on a special offer basis.

Gibsons My World My Body Jigsaw Puzzle
Gibsons My World My Body Jigsaw Puzzle

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful introduction to science, 5 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I bought this puzzle for my 6 year old goddaughter who has a very inquiring mind. The strong point of this is the combination of a puzzle with the facts and information about the human body. Some of these facts would be interesting to the adult helping the child. This leads to the interactivity of this toy. The adult and child need to work together and they will be prompted to enter into discussion about the puzzle and then those facts so it is very good at making the most of quality time. The only concern I have is that it could be a one hit wonder. Time will tell, but I can't see a younger child going back to this very often. Having said that I would recommend it highly enough to anyone looking for a child at infant school.

Braun Cruzer 5 Rechargeable Foil Electric Shaver
Braun Cruzer 5 Rechargeable Foil Electric Shaver

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent shaving option for soft beards, 28 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son has been wet shaving since he started a few years ago, but he was fed up with the irritation and redness that it caused. Since he changed to this shaver he has had no problems with skin irritation and the overall effect is just as good as it was with the wet shave. Admittedly, he has a soft beard and doesn't require shaves more than two or three times a week, but I would think that it would work well with any type of beard.

HMDX HX-P205PK RAVE Wireless Rechargeable Portable Speaker - Pink
HMDX HX-P205PK RAVE Wireless Rechargeable Portable Speaker - Pink
Offered by savvybuys2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 28 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the best portable speaker I have come across in the last few years, chiefly because it makes my daughter's phone sound like a decent music player! Her blackberry used to be a distorted mess of noise when she wanted to add some volume due to the awful internal speakers. Now, her music plays clearly and without distortion and I am really pleased that we've got this for our ears as well as hers!

Remington B95T53 Kerartin Therapy Round Brush
Remington B95T53 Kerartin Therapy Round Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars No more tantrums!, 21 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After many problems with finding a good brush for my youngest daughter who has thick hair with a tendency to knot very badly we picked this up and it's been a real success. My daughter has been using this for a month which is a decent time to test it out and she has noticed a real difference in the manageability of her hair. The irritations and loud shouts of hairbrushing time in the morning have disappeared and I would unhesitatingly recommend this brush.

Remington B85R28B Frizz Therapy Round Brush
Remington B85R28B Frizz Therapy Round Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars A brush to deal with teenage hair, 21 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After many problems with finding a good brush for my teenage daughter who has thin hair with a tendency to frizz we picked this up and it's been a real success. My daughter has been using this for a month which is a decent time to test it out and she has noticed a real difference in the manageability of her hair. The irritations of frizzy hair have disappeared and I would unhesitatingly recommend this brush.

Honestech VHS to DVD 7.0 Deluxe (PC)
Honestech VHS to DVD 7.0 Deluxe (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up, 17 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all, this system is simplicity itself to set up. Once you put the set up disc in the computer it takes you straight in to the wizard and within minutes you're ready to go. The box is very easy to connect and the camcorder picture plays on the Honestech viewer. If it is a PAL format it is extremely good. The problem comes when you try to use an NTSC source, as the converter doesn't quite work perfectly at the moment. Still, it is early days so maybe I can sort that out later. In conclusion I can wholeheartedly recommend this product as 5* if you only have PAL tapes and 4* if you have to sort out an NTSC tape.

Zyliss Swivel Peeler
Zyliss Swivel Peeler

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rolls Royce of peelers, 26 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This peeler is incredibly light to use and just glides over the surface of the knottiest fruit or vegetables. The swivel motion makes the difference between your wrist aching after a peeling session and it almost being a pleasure. The design of the handle makes the peeler very comfortable to hold and it doesn't dig in to you as others do. Finally it is extremely easy to clean. In short it is the best peeler I have ever used.

Oxford Mini Thesaurus
Oxford Mini Thesaurus
by Oxford Dictionaries
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars A pocket marvel, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Oxford Mini Thesaurus (Flexibound)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a pocket thesaurus that belies its size with a huge database of words, both online and offline. With more than 500 pages it covers most words that you might need and it is bang up to date. The text is a little small for some eyes but once you get used to it that is less of a problem. Overall I would unhesitatingly recommend this thesaurus for any student or crossword/scrabble addict.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19