Profile for D. Pearce > Reviews

Content by D. Pearce

D. Pearce "djarmhp" (rainham, kent)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Oral-B Pro 5000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Pro 5000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality toothbrush, 8 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite the price, I can definitely say that this toothbrush is worth the money if you can stretch to it. When companies talk about the difference a toothbrush can make I tend to take it with a pinch of salt, as it is one of the most common claims. However, the angle of the toothbrush head actually changes the feel of the brush head and even alters the way you brush. The way that this improves your dental hygiene is a bit of a mystery, but it certainly appears to have done that for me in the two weeks since I got this. The two minute interactive timer is a very useful guide and will apparently frown at you if you brush your teeth too hard, though it has continued to smile at me for the last two weeks! I can wholeheartedly recommend this product and will be using it for as long as it lasts out.

Dynamic Fat Burner 1200 mg Raspberry Ketones Capsules - Pack of 60 Capsules
Dynamic Fat Burner 1200 mg Raspberry Ketones Capsules - Pack of 60 Capsules

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much of a risk, 4 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm afraid that I will not be using this product. I'm sure that it will work for some people, but according to http://www.webmd.boots.com/diet/raspberry-ketones it is not only unproven, (having never been tested on human beings) but it is actually illegal to sell this product in the UK. For that reason this product will remain unopened. Good luck to those of you who use it and I hope it will be of benefit to you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2014 7:00 PM BST

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland HTML Edition
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland HTML Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars So enchanting, 30 May 2014
I was completely lost in this book, joining Alice in her wondrous adventures through Wonderland. I would recommend this book to young and old alike as it's a lovely first book and a brilliant read again and again.

Panic
Panic
by Lauren Oliver

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not her best, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Panic (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a great fan of Lauren Oliver and rate her as one of the best writers around in any genre. Her first book Before I Fall was virtually perfect and her following books, like this one, have all been readable. Where this book is concentrating on describing the world that the characters inhabit with a realism and immediacy that is the envy of many other writers it fairly grips the reader. However, the characterisations seemed a little weak by Lauren's extremely high standards and you don't invest in the central characters to quite the same extent as you do in her other books. It is well worth a read and will reward your time with a story well told, but it doesn't quite hit the heights that Lauren is capable of.

Bosch PKS16 Multi-Handy Mini Circular Saw for Precise Straight Cuts in Many Materials

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful but a little lightweight, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With the name Bosch you know you are getting a quality product, and this is the case here. The case is excellent and makes it easy to carry whilst the range of blades is, on the surface, very good. However, my son who is a contractor says that whilst it is useful for jobs which require a thin piece of wood cut it cannot deal with thicker pieces and for that I have knocked off a star. It is very good if you have no need for a heavy duty circular saw or as a companion to one.

Ultrasport Women's Running Shirt with Quick-Dry-Function
Ultrasport Women's Running Shirt with Quick-Dry-Function

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cycling or sport, 15 May 2014
This garment is clearly made by people who have considered athletic performers at all levels. It is ultra light, extremely comfortable and does a fantastic job at keeping the perspiration to a minimum while running or cycling. My daughter, who has used it during dance training, has found it extremely comfortable and effective. I would happily buy another one and can whole heartedly recommend it.

Tacwise Duo 35 Electric Staple/Nail Gun
Tacwise Duo 35 Electric Staple/Nail Gun

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful but a little limited, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As many other reviewers have mentioned, this product can do simple, small scale jobs well. Unfortunately, if you need to do anything other than fairly standard diy jobs it isn't quite as good as it first appears. Thicker wood has proved to be too much of a challenge for my son who works as a contractor, but in general he is quite pleased with its performance. He has found it a useful tool to have at hand but occasionally he needs to borrow something more heavy duty.

Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 50 Natural
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 50 Natural
Offered by Activecare Online

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality foundation, 20 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although the foundation is effective with a nice feel and a good texture, the adjective 'natural' is somewhat arguable. My daughter said that it was rather noticeable compared to other foundations being somewhat darker. That said, the quality was clear and she would be happy if this was bought for her again.

Alpen Blueberry/ Cranberry/ Yoghurt Bars 29 g (Pack of 5)
Alpen Blueberry/ Cranberry/ Yoghurt Bars 29 g (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty but pricey, 20 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The general reaction was that the bars were very tasty and they looked good, even if the amount of yoghurt was a little disappointing for my daughter! When I looked at the usual price I have to say that I thought they were a little on the expensive side and would only buy them on a special offer basis.

Gibsons My World My Body Jigsaw Puzzle
Gibsons My World My Body Jigsaw Puzzle

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful introduction to science, 5 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I bought this puzzle for my 6 year old goddaughter who has a very inquiring mind. The strong point of this is the combination of a puzzle with the facts and information about the human body. Some of these facts would be interesting to the adult helping the child. This leads to the interactivity of this toy. The adult and child need to work together and they will be prompted to enter into discussion about the puzzle and then those facts so it is very good at making the most of quality time. The only concern I have is that it could be a one hit wonder. Time will tell, but I can't see a younger child going back to this very often. Having said that I would recommend it highly enough to anyone looking for a child at infant school.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19