Profile for James Gray > Reviews

Content by James Gray

James Gray "Happy shopper" (UK)

Hailo Big-Box 60 Waste Bin, Black, 60L
Hailo Big-Box 60 Waste Bin, Black, 60L
Offered by 118store-com

1.0 out of 5 stars A big disappointment, 14 Aug. 2013
I buy a lot online and I know the risk that you sometimes end up with a turkey. The Big Box 60 is just such a purchase. It's badly made, has holes in the bottom (Pretty useless as a bin) and now I need to find a bigger bin to put this piece of rubbish into.
Avoid at all costs.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation [DVD] [1989]
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation [DVD] [1989]
Dvd ~ Chevy Chase
Offered by Amore DVD

1.0 out of 5 stars Did I watch the same film?, 27 Nov. 2007
I'm convinced I must have had a different film in my DVD case than those of you who have rated this before. It is without doubt the worst film I have ever seen. It's completely unfunny. I love Christmas and I love Christmas comedies but this one left me saying Bah Humbug! All the Star Spamgled banner nonsense came close to making me throw up.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2012 6:39 PM GMT

War Of The Worlds (2 Disc Special Edition) [2005] [DVD]
War Of The Worlds (2 Disc Special Edition) [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Big improvement or missed opportunity?, 16 Nov. 2005
Fans of the book will appreciate that with this version of the film, Spielberg has at least been faithfull to the feel of the novel. The central character (Tom Cruise) is no great hero and this is as it should be. It is of course superbly made and the effects are quite stunning. The acting is good although I still think Cruise is too strong a character to play the central role. Being updated, the film is based in the US as they are the superpower of the day, but I feel that a historical extravaganza opportinity has been missed here by the choice to go for modern day America instead of Victorian Britain.
I love the book, I liked the film. It is by far and away the best film version but I can't help wishing someone would take on the original and make a film that reflects the bleak futility that runs through this classic story.