ARRAY(0xac47d510)

Allison Hewitt is Trapped
Allison Hewitt is Trapped
by Madeleine Roux
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A quick guide on coming to terms with a zombie apocalypse., 24 Oct 2013
Could also be called "child misses mother, learns to love axe".

This is an attempt to show the human side to the mass devastation that would be a zombie invasion - it's about coming to terms with grief and adapting ones self to an entirely new world. Relationships are fleeting and, given the circumstances, bonds are formed quickly.

I didn't really enjoy this book, mainly because I had a strong dislike for the main character. I found that she lacked depth, was something of a cliche, and I couldn't buy into her story. The people around her were more interesting, yet even the ones that she spent a greater amount of time with felt under developed. To this end I can only say that it's bad when one of the more fleshed out characters is a dog.

The blog post format also didn't work for me, not because she strayed from a traditional blog format, but because every chapter ended with stupid, gushing comments (Isaac especially wound me up). Perhaps the story was also undermined for me by the very premise of a blog - the world as we know it has ended... Thank God the internet still works. Yeah.

I can't say that the book didn't engage me, I can say it left me disappointed. It felt like a good idea had been rushed.

Jodie Rose Clear Crystal Flower Brooch
Jodie Rose Clear Crystal Flower Brooch
Price: 12.24

3.0 out of 5 stars A little flimsy but still decent., 4 Jan 2013
Like an earlier reviewer I also had issues with the petals falling off. A careful bit of glue seemed to fix the issue and the brooch does look pretty good for the asking price. Just be aware that you may be required to do a bit of DIY when it arrives!

Laser Engraved Personalised Hip Flask- Great Wedding Thank You Gifts, Birthday Gift, Gift for Him, Fathers Day Gift!
Offered by Gift Cookie
Price: 9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gift, 30 Sep 2012
I bought three of these as gifts and I was pleased.

The engraving was done to a good standard and the packaging was reasonable enough for the price paid.

I can't comment on how they work in practice but I've yet to receive any complaints from the people I gave them to.