Profile for M. A. Sutton-Croft > Reviews

Content by M. A. Sutton-Croft

M. A. Sutton-Croft "mike_s_c"

Battalion Wars II (Wii)
Battalion Wars II (Wii)
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 Aug 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have just completed this game and felt compelled to write this review because I thought it was simply ACE! Very fun to play. Intuitive controls. Good online play. Plus, something that hasn't been mentioned much and I wasn't expecting, it's HILARIOUS too! Was chortling through much of the gameplay. Most fun I've had on a game in a while. BUY IT NOW!

Wishmaster
Wishmaster
Offered by rainey7117
Price: 28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly fantasmic!!!!, 20 Sep 2004
This review is from: Wishmaster (Audio CD)
This album just blew me away!! I'm a new Nightwish fan. I heard their new album, Once, and was simply blown away. Okay, I have to admit, I did find it a bit overdramatic at first, but once I got into it it's the best music I've ever heard. I love the subtle way that Tarja's operatic vocals intertwine with the blitzing guitar riffs. You hear this on all the Nightwish albums but I think it is particularly noticeable on this one, especially on songs like "The Kinslayer" and "Bare Grace Misery". Anyway, if you like your metal to be musical and catchy while still feeling raw and aggresive, buy this album!!! In fact buy all their albums, they're all great!!!!!

Creative MuVo 2 USB 2.0 1.5GB
Creative MuVo 2 USB 2.0 1.5GB

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 5 Feb 2004
OK, so this is a pretty good player. It's very small, light and easy folder navigation allows quick access to particular albums.
However, there are some little annoyances that prevent this player from being great. Firstly, although it says it's a 1.5 GB player, don't believe it, it's storage capacity is actually around 1.4 GB. There are quite a few songs that could have been stored on that extra 100 MB!
Secondly, it's blummin awkward to adjust the bass and treble on the thing!It took me about 10 minutes of fiddling to get it right and even then the amount of bass wasn't really what I was looking for.
Also, although it says it can store 800 songs, I certainly haven't been able to. It's probably because of my taste in music, lots of rock! These songs tend to be longer than all the poppy type tunes so if you're a rocker like myself expect to be able to fit around 450.
The software isn't all that great either but it'll do! Haven't quite worked out how to work the playlist malarkey yet but I'm sure I'll work it out eventually! The instruction booklet doesn't really explain it all that well.
So, in conclusion, pretty good, but not great! If you do decide this the player for you then definitely buy the remote cos it's well annoying having to take it out of the case everytime you wanna change the song!

The Tawny Man Trilogy (2) - The Golden Fool
The Tawny Man Trilogy (2) - The Golden Fool
by Robin Hobb

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!!!!, 4 Jun 2003
What a brilliant book!!!
I've got 15 pages left to read and I only bought it last week, pretty good going for me as before I started reading Robin Hobb novels it took me at least a month to complete a book, and this ones a 630 page mammoth!
As I have become accustomed to while reading the Robin Hobb books, they enthrall you from beginning to end. I really couldn't put this book down (which was a bit of a downer because I was supposed to be revising for my AS exams).
This is the second book of the Tawny Man series and really has a feeling of elaborating on the characters introduced in the first book and setting up the story for the grand finale. That said, this is far from a dull book and there is plenty of action to keep the reader interested.
However, I recommend that you read the Farseer trilogy before starting on any of the Tawny Man books.