Profile for A. Phillips > Reviews

Content by A. Phillips

A. Phillips "Andy Pips" (Barsnley UK)

Charles Rennie Mackintosh - pewter metal bud vase
Charles Rennie Mackintosh - pewter metal bud vase

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful design if you like Mackintosh. Simple clean lines and elegant with most design styles, very adaptable, 14 Oct 2012
Beautiful design if you like Mackintosh. Simple clean lines and fits comfortably with most design styles, very adaptable. A nice piece for any collector or as a stand alone feature.

Beautiful Lies [DVD] (2010)
Beautiful Lies [DVD] (2010)
Dvd ~ Audrey Tautou
Price: 7.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Audrey Tautou, 27 April 2012
This review is from: Beautiful Lies [DVD] (2010) (DVD)
its got Audrey Tautou in it, that's enough to get 5 stars for me :) Good storyline and the excellent acting you'd expect from this amazing French beauty :)

Painter X Creativity: Digital Artist's handbook
Painter X Creativity: Digital Artist's handbook
by Jeremy Sutton
Price: 23.72

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad if you like her style., 27 April 2012
I got this book shortly after getting Painter X. Its clear and technically good, but the author doesn't seem to stray far from her own style, which is great but some different genres would have nice. I'd advise getting a copy but follow you're own style.

Sony VAIO VGN-FW11M Intel Core2 Duo Processor P8400, Supports Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony for sure, 27 April 2012
I bought the FW11M about 3-4 years ago now. It still looks like new. The only problem I've had was replacing the BD combo drive, which was my fault anyway. I've had HP's, Compaqs and Dell's but none of them have stood up this well. Excellent laptops. It's both Apple for OS stuff but definitely Sony as my Windows choice laptop.

Saturday Night & Sunday Morning: The 2001 Bradford Riot and Beyond
Saturday Night & Sunday Morning: The 2001 Bradford Riot and Beyond
Price: 5.37

1.0 out of 5 stars Just steal the title from another book, it'll be fine............., 20 Dec 2011
There I am looking for Alan Sillitoe's classic piece of working class fiction, and this pops up. Having stolen the title word for word. I couldn't give a toss about a riot that happened in 2001 quite frankly. Get the original book in by Alan Sillitoe and drop this irrelevance ! I haven't read this, but I've still given it one star for plagiarism of the title from another book. You can get a hard copy of THE ORIGINAL titled book here -Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2013 4:29 PM BST

Amelie [DVD] [2001]
Amelie [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Audrey Tautou
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A lesson in life for anyone who has ever hesitated to fulfill their dreams., 3 Jan 2011
This review is from: Amelie [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
Amelie, or 'Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain' as it is called in the French title, is an enchanting film about the passions we have in our lives, and the insecurities we harbour that shackle us from indulging them. Amelie lives in a world where she seems to be an observer. Any dreams she has remain as fantasies in her imagination. As if conducted by fate, she finds a mentor in an elderly neighbour who, due to physical disability, lives life in his padded appartment for fear of breaking his fragile bones. Through a series of bizarre coincidences, elaborate plans and encouragement from her friends, she eventually finds the courage to confront the man she has fallen in love with.

Audrey Tautou plays her role as Amelie in such an adorable and off beat manner that you cannot help but feel her every emotion. Supported by a delightful cast of somewhat eccentric characters, the film reveals the hopes and fears of the human condition, in a way which informs us that, as individuals, we are not unique in our own collection of perceived personality flaws. Surreal at times, and amusing throughout, I can only recommend that you watch Amelie and decide for yourself. It has been, and will be, one of my favourite films since its release almost ten years ago. A full and well deserved five stars for this wonderful story.

graph tablet Wacom Bamboo Fun Small A6
graph tablet Wacom Bamboo Fun Small A6

5.0 out of 5 stars Wacom Bamboo CTE- 450, 25 Feb 2008
I have been using this tablet for 2-3 months now, along with Corel Painter X. It is very comfortable and responsive. Using the provided battery free pen gives a feeling similar to that of paper and pencil. Set up the keys for shortcut functions and you are away! All in all I am very pleased with my wacom graphics tablet, it being very similar to much more expensive models owned by my friends.