Profile for cheryl-anne > Reviews

Come Away With Me
Come Away With Me
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing change, 25 Jun. 2002
This review is from: Come Away With Me (Audio CD)
What a refreshing album to have appeared in the charts. When my sister lent me the album to listen to I thought it was a relatively un-known artist who she'd had the good fortune to discover. But then I walked into my local music shop and there it was sitting at number 12 in the charts!
Norah Jones has a wonderfully mellow voice, and the songs that she has chosen for the album really do it justice. There is a mixture of old songs and new, which all blend together to create an album which you never want to end. The arrangements fit the songs perfectly, no sign of over-production here - it is lovely to just hear her singing with a piano accompaniment. The noted on the album describe her music as a mixture of jazz, country and pop. I would agree with this, although the country and pop influences are very subtle, and I will personally be adding her album to my jazz collection.
I find it hard to believe this is her debut album, but am very much looking forward to hearing more from her and her musicians in the future.