Profile for Jackie Tapper > Reviews

Content by Jackie Tapper

Jackie Tapper

LG BH7530TW - 5.1Ch 1200w Tallboy with Aramid Fibre Speakers and Rear Wireless speakers

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice unit, shame about the service, 25 Jan. 2014
We bought this unit over the holidays. When we went to set it up, it wouldnt connect to the wifi. After 4 phone calls to customer service, I was told this was a bandwidth issue. I adjusted my story claiming that I connected it to my neighbors fibre optic line and they accepted it for returns. It was collected by the courier (with no packaging and 3 days late). It was returned 4 days later, with one sheet of bubblewrap, open at both ends for packing. THe cover wasnt replaced properly and the screws were missing from the DVD unit. None the less, I hooked it up and found that the Wifi issue had been fixed - clearly it wasnt a bandwidth issue. I was not about to send it back to have it 'fixed' again, so I removed the cover, replaced the screws and the cover.

All in all, the unit is excellent. But if yours doesnt connect to the wifi, take it back to the store for a replacement. Do not send it for service and do not accept the bandwidth line form customer service. You might not get yours back in as good a shape as I did....