Profile for Shira > Reviews

The Shadow Of The Wind
by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Price: 7.91

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite books, 7 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Shadow Of The Wind (Paperback)
I cannot recommend this book enough. It grips you and takes you along with it until well after you've finished reading it.

Processing  A Programming Handbook for Visual Designers and Artists
Processing A Programming Handbook for Visual Designers and Artists
by John Maeda
Price: 24.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, 8 Aug 2009
This book somehow manages to be both comprehensive and thorough. It helped me get a broad understanding of how processing works and also to delve deeper into its various components.
Definitely more than I expected from a single book.
Highly recommended.

Sexy Web Design: Creating Interfaces that Work
Sexy Web Design: Creating Interfaces that Work
by Elliot Jay Stocks
Price: 24.98

4.0 out of 5 stars A book I'd heartily recommend to my students, 15 Jun 2009
I found this book a great read for people either starting out in web design or for people who want to strengthen their webdesign skills.
At first, the title has perhaps led me to expect this book to reveal some exciting secrets of great webdeisgn, but once I got over the initial disappointment and realised that my expectations were somewhat ridiculous, I found this book to be quite good.
It ties the various aspects of the job together very nicely and paints a clear picture of the process as a whole. Elliot does a great job at explaining best practices in a light and entertaining manner which makes the book an easy and entertaining read. I'd heartily recommend this book to my webdesign students.

Although as an experienced web designers I did not find a whole lot of new information in this book, it has inspired me to think about new design ideas and I found myself sketching away while reading it. So as far as I'm concerned, the book has definitely done its job!