Profile for Oliver4Stuff > Reviews

The New Facercise: Give Yourself a Natural Facelift
The New Facercise: Give Yourself a Natural Facelift
by Carole Maggio

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Jan. 2013
Mainly because for such a work you need DETAILED instructions and pictures. Vague terms don't do it. I soon stopped using it, even though I really, really wanted what it promised to give me.

Remind Me Who I Am, Again
Remind Me Who I Am, Again
by Linda Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 24 Jan. 2013
A real insight into Alzheimer's. Read it in conjunction with "Keeper" (which is even better, albeit harrowing) -- and weep.

Samsung B1930N 18.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor  (High Gloss Black)
Samsung B1930N 18.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor (High Gloss Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing, 24 Jan. 2013
I held out with my old fat monitor for ages, then traded up to an LCD. Thought the colours would be crisp -- they're not. Thought it would be easier to understand the adjustments -- it's not (though admittedly I am ancient). For instance, turning the screen off if your hand-eye co-ordination isn't perfect puts it into AutoAdjustment -- an irritating few seconds while it does something useless. A purple line appeared down the side, 30 mm in from the edge, within a week or two of the screen's arrival, but isn't serious enough to warrant all the hassle of sending it back etc.

Storm Tactics Handbook: Modern Methods of Heaving-To for Survival in Extreme Conditions
by Lin Pardey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - but I'm biased!, 24 Jan. 2013
How fashions do change! A million years ago, armchair sailors were recommending canoe sterns "because they part the waves", ahaha. Then 'running before' was the answer, and at least this was proposed by people who had done it, in hurricanes, no less. The Pardeys appeal to me because their recommendations accord with my own more limited experience; and in any case everyone should know and understand more about heaving to in their own boat, if only to avoid a night-time landfall or just to have some peaceful lunch!

Book arrived in stated condition within stated time-frame.

Getting Off: A Woman's Guide to Masturbation
Getting Off: A Woman's Guide to Masturbation
by Jamye Waxman

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but ..., 24 Jan. 2013
Not as good as I had hoped. (My partner has great difficulty getting off, and this book didn't actually help her.) It's too dense, and seems to me to lack the essential ingredient of FUN. I'm still looking for something better.

Heavy Weather Sailing
Heavy Weather Sailing
by Peter Bruce

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - but I'm biased!, 24 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Heavy Weather Sailing (Hardcover)
Arrived in good order, within stated time frame.

I still have the original, by Adlard Coles, and the differences between that and this book are fascinating. How times have moved on, in fashion as well as knowledge. Truth is, it could have arrived battered and torn, and I would still have praised it!

A New Earth: Create a Better Life
A New Earth: Create a Better Life
by Eckhart Tolle

5.0 out of 5 stars All good, 24 Jan. 2013
Tolle does identify real problems, real barriers to awareness, even if he names them differently from how others would do. Enjoyable; chapter 5 (The Pain Body) is particularly good.
Arrived in good order, within the stated time frame.

Panasonic  KX-TG8062EB Twin Colour DECT Phone Set with Answer Machine
Panasonic KX-TG8062EB Twin Colour DECT Phone Set with Answer Machine
Offered by liGo

4.0 out of 5 stars OK but ..., 24 Jan. 2013
Arrived in good order, within the promised time frame.
Sound quality is not as good as I expected it to be (based on the other Panasonics which I have) -- but that is not the provider's fault.
The looks and feel are good.

1066 and All That
1066 and All That
by W. C. Sellar

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely fun book, 24 Jan. 2013
This review is from: 1066 and All That (Paperback)
This book is part of British culture in the same sort of way as Winnie the Pooh -- you just expect people to understand references to it (" ... a Good Thing ...", the Test Papers -- "Arrange in the following order: Henry I, Henry II, Henry III" etc).

Arrived as described, in the time frame promised.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 24 Jan. 2013
I bought one of these items for use in this country, and was sufficiently pleased with it that I bought another, for use in another country. It gives me a great feeling of ease to have it with me on my car-travels!

Page: 1 | 2