Profile for T. Grant > Reviews

by Glenn Harrold
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for anyone with a phobia or fear!, 29 Jun 2012
I bought this CD a few years ago when I was waiting for an appointment for an MRI, I'd had 2 before which had both triggered my claustrophobia and left me a trembling wreck for hours afterwards, not to mention taken up valuable time for the nurses trying to get me in the machine so when my 3rd MRI was due I listened to this CD, only twice because my appointment came through much quicker than anticipated. On the day I was calm, however on the previous ones it was when I saw the machine that I started to freak out so I was a bit nervous about that part. I shouldn't have worried, I went in first time with no near panic attack behaviour, found myself smiling throughout and felt completely at ease the whole time. I was thrilled.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and I needed an endoscopy which didn't worry me until someone told me I'd be gagging and fighting for breath throughout so rather than chance freaking out on the day I listened to the CD again and imagine it going smoothly. On the day no nerves at all not even when I saw the equipment. I didn't gag once as the scope went down my throat and I was calm and relaxed (and breathing fine) all the way through which made it easier for me and the hospital staff.

So it works, for a phobia like my first time and a fear as in my second.

Savic Trotter 1 Pet Carrier Atlantic Blue/light Grey 49 X 33 X 30 Cm
Savic Trotter 1 Pet Carrier Atlantic Blue/light Grey 49 X 33 X 30 Cm
Price: 15.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Small Cats Only please, 30 Mar 2012
I bought this for my two kittens, they are 8 months and 10 months old and honestly I think in a few months this carrier will not be big enough for them. I'm unsure how other reviewers are cramming their large cats into one of these! The metal door is a bit sharp too which I don't like much, the handle only attaches in a loose fashion in my opinion too so I wouldn't risk a heavier cat in this box either. Overall for me though it will do what I planned and serve a temporary purpose for my youngsters and once larger I will use a different carrier. If you have a large cat this is not for you.

Panasonic Wet/Dry Epilator Battery Powered ES2082p
Panasonic Wet/Dry Epilator Battery Powered ES2082p

2.0 out of 5 stars Expect pain, 30 July 2009
I bought this after using a dry epilator for years. I thought being able to use this in the bath and shower would dull the pain enough for me to use it under my arms and around the bikini line, something I could not do with my old epilator. On trying it with water and some shower cream drizzled onto the discs I discovered this doesn't decrease the pain at all! In fact the skin guard bit for use in these more sensitive areas actually made the pain worse. For me a waste of time and money, I can only use it on my legs which I already had one for. It's not the fault of the epilator, it's a fairly standard epilator but the suggestion it may be less painful if used wet and the claim to be "gentle" and the "skin protection guard for sensitive skin" aren't strictly true.

If you already epilate and find it ok this makes it possible in the shower or bath but if, like me, you can only stand it on your legs don't expect this feature to make a difference to that.

Simply Slim: High Fibre, Low Fat, Low Sugar Vegetarian Recipes to Make Your Whole Family Glow with Positive Good Health
by Margaret Cousins

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of date, 14 July 2009
Totally out of date, no new or useful information in this book and it quickly found its way to the charity shop.

Pilates for Fragile Backs: Recovering Strength and Flexibility After Surgery, Injury or Other Back Problems
by Andrea Fischgrund Stanton
Price: 17.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, 14 July 2009
I bought this expecting lots of variations on traditional pilates for those of us with back problems and I was disappointed. Not only are there not alot of alterations to standard exercises but two sections of the book require pilates machines. I don't recommend it for anyone who knows any of the basic pilates exercises.

The Pelvic Girdle: An Approach to the Examination and Treatment of the Lumbopelvic-Hip Region
by Diane G. Lee BSR FCAMPT CGIMS

5.0 out of 5 stars What Diane Lee doesn't know about the pelvis isn't worth knowing, 14 July 2009
Brilliant book. As a sufferer of SI joint instability this is my bible. All the problems I have are in here with solutions and explanations. Loads of information for therapists and this is actually aimed at therapists rather than sufferers. I have recommended this to every physio I've ever seen and they've all loved it. No therapist should be without this book, the approach is totally different and much more effective and detailed than traditional therapy.

The Complete Classic Pilates Method: Centre Yourself with this Step-by-Step Approach to Joseph Pilates' Original Matwork Programme
by Miranda Bass

3.0 out of 5 stars Exercises are mostly quite hard, 14 July 2008
I found this book to be full of exercises but not many for the beginner or injured. I also don't like the way this book, and other pilates books, don't address the fact the multifidus often isn't co-contracting with the core after and during back injuries so performing the exercises without addressing this can make you hurt worse. If possible I would say have some basic one to one sessions with an instructor before using a product like this one. The exercises look easy but they're not and it's very easy to do them wrong if you exercise alone.