Profile for J. More > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Altec Lansing 'Muzx Ultra' Noise Isolating Headphones
Altec Lansing 'Muzx Ultra' Noise Isolating Headphones

2.0 out of 5 stars Under-whelmed, 20 Oct. 2011
I bought these earphones based on them being the star recommendation in iPad & iPhone magazine, and the fact that I wanted earphones with controls + mic for my iPhone. They were up against some cheaper and some more expensive models, and the magazine said they came out top. I also spent ages scouring the net and Amazon reviews of other earphones before taking the plunge, so thought I'd landed on a good choice. How wrong was I?

First off, the positives:

* Build quality seemed solid enough.
* Easy to put in/take out of ears due to the "handle" of cable on each earphone.
* Minimal noise when touching/brushing against the cable when they are in your ear
* Good bass

Then, the negatives:

* The connector is VERY tall when connected to my iPhone, and I could see it getting damaged whilst being put into and removed from your pocket over a period of time.
* The different sized ear-pieces are VERY fiddly to connect to the earphones. I had to turn them inside out to make it easier, and even then I still struggled.
* On first play, there was crackling from the left earphone, even at the lowest volume. I tapped the ear piece a few times and blew on it, and this seemed to fix it.
* Overall sound quality isn't as good as I was expecting for the price. They are VERY lacking in high-end frequencies. As a test, I played the first minute of a dance track with these earphones in, then played the same minute with my Sennheiser CX-300's, and I was shocked to find my old CX-300's gave a much crisper sound and punchier bass. It's especially noticeable on high-hats and cymbals, which isn't brilliant when you're into dance and electronic music. It's still noticeable on non-dance stuff too.

I played with the earphones for a few hours but, in the end, I'm very unhappy with my purchase.
I've now sent them back to Amazon for a refund, and will be continuing my search for a good set of iPhone in-ear earphones with volume controls + mic.

iTALKonline ProGel CLEAR TRANSPARENT Back Cover Glossy Tough TPU Case / Skin for Apple iPad 2 (2011) 2nd generation iPad 3 "The New iPad Retina Display" 3rd Generation 4th Generation 2012 (Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G + 4G) 16GB 32GB 64GB works with GENUINE Apple iPad Smart Cover
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case, 19 July 2011
Having just recently bought my iPad 2 and a smart cover, I wanted to make sure the back of the device was also protected, but didn't want a bulky and/or coloured case detracting from the aesthetics of the iPad.
This back cover looked good, and had some favourable reviews, so I took the plunge.

Fitting the case was a bit fiddly but, unlike a previous reviewer, I didn't resort to using a spoon!
I found the easiest way was to start with the long side opposite the side your smart cover attaches to, putting in the top corner first. This makes it easier when putting in the opposite side, as you have easier access thanks to the cut-away section that the hinge for the smart cover sits in.

The case doesn't add a huge amount to the thickness of the iPad, and it also greatly enhances the grip available when you are holding the device. I suffer from Hyperhidrosis in my hands (excessive sweating), so not only does the back cover increase grip but it also protects the device from my sweaty paws.

The cover offers great protection (even at the corners of your iPad) and all the cut-outs are located perfectly so as not to hinder use of the iPad cameras or charger etc.

All-in-all, a great product at a great price, and I got very fast delivery from the supplier too.

Vertical Magnetic Flip Love Kills Ed Hardy Tattoo Leather Case for iPhone 4 4S(Dark Blue)

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been 5 stars, 19 July 2011
This case looks really good, and feels good too.
Unfortunately, the hard plastic inserts which protect the sides of your phone are quite rough and sharp.
Due to the fact that the case is a VERY snug fit, this means my wife was too worried about scratching her phone to use the case. The magnetic tab at the top that keeps the case closed is also slightly out of position, meaning when you close the case it doesn't close totally, there's a bit of a gap at the top (meaning the case is like this: |/ when closed rather than like this: || )
If these issues were resolved, this could be a very good case, offering great protection.
As it is, I think there's more risk of you damaging your precious phone whilst trying to get it into the case, then more risk because the flip case doesn't close properly.

Solar Brite Deluxe Solar Fairy Lights 120 Super Bright White LED Decorative String, choice of light effect. Ideal for Trees, Gardens, Parties & More...
Offered by The Sharper Edge Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 3 May 2011
I recently ordered my second set of these fantastic lights. I initially bought one set to put around the plants in the rockery in my back garden, but was so impressed by them that I decided to fix them to a large Silver Birch tree in my front garden. They look fantastic when lit, so much so that I decided to add a second set and go higher up the branches. I have them set so that they are constantly lit, rather than flashing intermittently. I'll change them to the flash setting around Christmas time.
I'm now looking at getting more for my rockery, and considering other places I can use them!

Quality-wise, the product is very well packaged in a small box. The cable is very sturdy, and survived me using a staple gun to pin it to my tree. It comes with a choice of either a plastic stake for fixing the solar panel into the ground, or a plastic mount (complete with screws and Rawl plugs) for fixing in to wood/plaster etc. The mount angles the solar panel for maximum sunlight. The batteries are holding a charge all night too. Just make sure you mount the solar panel in a place that receives a few hours of sunlight.

I'd highly recommend these lights.

Powerbar 2 No assembly Folds to just 30mm With New Design door frame protectors
Powerbar 2 No assembly Folds to just 30mm With New Design door frame protectors
Offered by RJH Product Development

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 15 Mar. 2011
I was dubious about buying a chin up bar after reading some terrible reviews about the telescopic ones, and being concerned I was going to either wreck my door or do myself an injury.
Having spent a bit of time doing some research, I took the plunge and ordered the Powerbar 2, and I must say it's a fantastically designed and built piece of kit. I'd read some positive articles about the benefits and results that can be achieved doing chin ups and pull ups, but I would say that you shouldn't expect to be able to do 10 chin ups in a row on your first effort.
I started off barely managing to do 2, then got up to 3, and it's slowly increasing the more I use it.

The device itself folds away flat for storage, and can also be used as a press-up bar by laying it on the ground.
I was apprehensive about lifting my feet off the ground and putting my full weight on the bar at first in case it fell off the door frame or snapped, but I needn't have worried. It's solid, and spreads your weight ingeniously across the door facings without leaving any marks or scuffs.

All in all, a great product at a good price (it was cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else I searched) and if you put the effort in you'll reap the rewards.
Delivery was prompt from the seller too, which is always a bonus.

Golds Gym GG-G756 Bicep Isolator
Golds Gym GG-G756 Bicep Isolator

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 14 Jan. 2011
You can really feel the difference performing barbell curls with this isolator.
You have to spend a bit of time getting the length of the strap right, otherwise I found it dug into my ribcage or chest, but it's worth it.

It gives maximum return for your hard work, and I noticed a difference after just a couple of weeks of use.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and inexpensive, 14 Jan. 2011
For the price, this is a good gum shield.
I bought mine for using with Plus White 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel, and it does the job admirably.

It's worth spending a bit of time and effort getting it to mould to your teeth correctly, otherwise you won't benefit properly from it.

CASETRONICS Pink Shiny Hard Shell Case for the Apple iPhone 3G / 3GS Mobile Phone

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 14 Jan. 2011
I bought this as a stocking filler for my wife, but to be honest the quality was very poor so I didn't bother.
It's very light, and is almost like it's made of paper mache, and the "shiny" bits bleed into the inside of the case.

Two thumbs down.

Windscreen Ice Scraper Soft Grip Window Car Snow
Windscreen Ice Scraper Soft Grip Window Car Snow
Offered by Shopping Bazar

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 14 Jan. 2011
I was very impressed by the design of this scraper. Delivery was fast too.

It's comfortable to use, and clears ice and frost from my car windows easily.
Just as well really, as I've had to use it loads since buying it due to the rubbish weather.

Judge Sabatier 20cm/8" Bread Knife
Judge Sabatier 20cm/8" Bread Knife
Offered by A Cut Above Knives

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes short work of my home-made bread!, 10 Nov. 2009
I was very pleasantly surprised by this knife.
I expected it to look and feel cheap, given the price, but it does neither.

It's solid, well weighted, and extremely sharp.
I hadn't realised just how blunt my old knife was until I used this.

Well worth the money.