Profile for roger > Reviews

Field Notes From a Hidden City
by Esther Woolfson
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and atmospheric, 25 Aug 2013
Very enjoyable read. I enjoyed the way it drifted through the seasons full of atmosphere and every in every chapter I learnt something I didn't already know

Canon IXUS 130 Digital Camera - Black (14.1 MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.7 Inch PureColor LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Digital.Camz

2.0 out of 5 stars not one of canon's best, 24 Nov 2010
I've had several Canon Ixus's and this is my least favourite. As with all of them the function and controls are excellent and it's size is perfect for a point and shoot-if a little slippery to hold at times. My only complaint with the controls in comparison to my favourite the Ixus 75 is the lack of a 'high' ISO setting which would automatically take you to 800 ISO if the light demanded it but would always choose a high speed and a minimum F stop. However its biggest problem is it's shutter lag. It is significantly slower than the other Ixuss and positively ponderous when compared to the Ixus 75. This is the most important feature for any camera and the manufacturers of the 130 have really got this wrong.

The quality with back light is also disappointing though I can't find any reason for this. All in all not a great camera and my quest to replace my Canon 75-the best I've so far used-goes on.