Profile for Baba Ijebu > Reviews

Content by Baba Ijebu

Baba Ijebu "Babs" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3L 1600 MT/s  (PC3L-12800) SODIMM 204-Pin - CT2KIT102464BF160B
Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3L 1600 MT/s (PC3L-12800) SODIMM 204-Pin - CT2KIT102464BF160B

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm., 6 May 2016
Bought for my QNAP TS-453A but decided to use it in my Toshiba R830 instead. Upgraded from 8gb Ram to 16gb and it works like a charm - my laptop is now flying.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2016 8:31 AM BST

WD 3 TB NAS Desktop Hard Disk Drive (Intellipower SATA 6 Gb/s 64 MB Cache) - 3.5 inch, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Well pleased, 3 May 2016
So far so good and I got them (bought 2) registered and confirmed for the 3 years warranty.

QNAP TS-453A-4G 4 Bay NAS Enclosure with 4GB RAM
QNAP TS-453A-4G 4 Bay NAS Enclosure with 4GB RAM

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased. Happy with quality and performance, 3 May 2016
So far so good. I initially got the Synology DiskStation DS415Play 4 Bay Desktop NAS (12tb) and was very dissappointed becuase it was so slow in copying from usb on to the hard drive (see separate review) but this is awesome in comparison and its of a better build quality (415 was so plasticky.)

So I have now got it setp with 2 3tbs (WD) and its been working as a fileserver (Raid 1) non stop since started.

Furthermore I have got both Plex & KODI installed and the HDMI connected to my TV so I now have an extremely good HPCTV all running of the 4mb Ram out of the box. Meanwhile, I bought 16gb Crucial Ram at point of purchase as I thought 4gb RAM was not sufficient but since I have been running this box (about a week now,) my average RAM consumption has been 25% so I have decided not to void my warranty just yet(I think by replacing the RAM I void my warranty?) Please note when setting up the NAS, I choose the Business Option so I did not get load of unwanted software installed as I consider the recommended software to be a waste of space, resources and time. That said, I registered for the myQnapcloud and I am able to share my photos, music and videos with other users in a manner similar to Pogoplug's sharing software.

And the remote control is very handy, good quality, very aesthetic and facilitates easy navigation of on screen menu of the TV connection. But in addtion to that, I got a bluetooth Rii i8+ Mini Mobile Wireless Keyboard With Touchpad Mouse +USB Dongle. I connected the dongle to the front USB port (very convinently placed port) and I use this to type when I have to.

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase (4bay enclousre and separate 2 3tb WD Hard drive - The cheaper option.)

Hope this one passes the test of time......

Synology DS415Play 12TB (4 x 3TB WD Red) 4 Bay Desktop NAS
Synology DS415Play 12TB (4 x 3TB WD Red) 4 Bay Desktop NAS

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of time and money. Its back in the post., 27 April 2016
Too much money for far too little. Its over-hyped and does not work according to its specs.

Worst thing for me is that the transfer speed from a locally plugged in usb2 averages around 10mb/s and likewise transfer of files over the network gives the same kind of speed. Looks like a lot of people are having the same issue as per topic 60497 on the synology forum.

PLUS: The apps are useless. A lot of repetition/duplicates apps are paraded as recommended but one can get something similar in a WAMP and run on a local PC. I for one already have a licence version of Mezzmo and also a 1PC subscription to Pogoplug so I am not enticed by the Synology jargon.

So, for the money I paid, I expected a lot more and was very dissappointed to the point that I have returned the Nas in less than 24 hours of recieving it.

Jungle Formula Insect Repellent Medium Lotion , 175ml
Jungle Formula Insect Repellent Medium Lotion , 175ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm, no mosquito bites where applied., 21 April 2016
Used it in morning and night time - Worked like a charm, no mosquito bites where applied.

Jungle Formula Sensitive Insect Repellent Lotion, 175ml
Jungle Formula Sensitive Insect Repellent Lotion, 175ml

Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch External Hard Drive
Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch External Hard Drive

3.0 out of 5 stars Good when working properly, 21 April 2016
The hard-drive stopped working after 6 months. I got an access denied message after copying some data and now I am unable to retrieve.7gb of data. I tried it in multiple computers and I got the same message and it seems like it will be pointless to trust the integrity of this disc should I find a way around the problem. I have since requested a refund form from Amazon.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2016 10:52 AM BST

Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case Cover for 10.1 inch Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N8000/N8010 - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned, 17 April 2016
Returned. Thin and flimsy

Kenro Photo Strut Mount Photo Frame Cardboard Picture Holder Pack of 5 Choice of Color and Sizes (8" x 6", Black with Silver Boarder)
Offered by Quickframers

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and of poor quality., 17 April 2016
Cheap and of poor quality. Handle with care.

[ { Signing Illustrated (Revised Edition): The Complete Learning Guide (Revised) } ] BY ( Author ) Nov-2004 [ Paperback ]
by Mickey Flodin