Profile for Ms. AC Hodges > Reviews

Content by Ms. AC Hodges

Ms. AC Hodges "student musician" (Cardiff, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
My Year Off: Rediscovering Life After a Stroke
My Year Off: Rediscovering Life After a Stroke
by Robert McCrum
Price: 7.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest, moving and thought-provoking, 26 Jan 2014
Gives a clear picture of one man's experience of having a stroke and his subsequent recovery. Well-written, it draws you in and illustrates the frustrations, fears, highs and lows of McCrum's journey. It dismisses the Disney-style, 'everything is wonderful now' ending and gives an insight into the long-term (lifelong) effects of a stroke. It was also refreshingly honest, especially when comparing how treatment and experiences might differ between NHS and private care.

Listen to Your Child: A Parent's Guide to Children's Language (Penguin Health Books)
by David Crystal
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, informative, easy to read and surprisingly funny, 26 Jan 2014
Who knew Professors of Linguistics had a sense of humour? Was set this book as an introduction for my Speech and Language Therapy course, and loved it. Easy to read and apply. There'll be moments when it makes you say 'Ah, THAT makes sense!', which is nice. Have even quoted it in an essay.

One By One
One By One
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.40

5.0 out of 5 stars It's impossible to pick my favourite Foo Fighters album!, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: One By One (Audio CD)
What to say...The Foos are frankly brilliant. Their albums manage to sound different enough from each other that you can identify without looking at the track listing which album they came from, but they have also retained a core style/sound that makes buying one of their albums reliably pleasant - unlike Green Day's latest abominations. I think it's the Foos classic recipe with interesting tweaks and some new ideas slipped in. There isn't a track on this album I don't like. Keep it up guys!

Poetry Of The Deed
Poetry Of The Deed
Price: 28.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets better and better with each album, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Poetry Of The Deed (Audio CD)
I'm working backwards through Frank Turner's albums, having only started listening in the last two years. You can see the progression through his albums, which is nice. I think I prefer the songs on Love Ire & Song and England Keep My Bones (love every song on both albums), but its up to personal taste and diehard fans from the beginning will most likely disagree with me. Have a listen yourself - it wasn't very much to buy - and see what you think. I particularly like 'The Road', which was the main reason I bought the album.

Dual 2 Port USB Car Charger for iPad iPhone 4G iPod 2A
Dual 2 Port USB Car Charger for iPad iPhone 4G iPod 2A
Offered by Goods-cool.
Price: 0.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, 26 Jan 2014
Item did not work. I would not buy this again. I did not consider it worth contacting the seller to return the item because it was so cheap.
With lots of things you can buy a cheaper version and its no problem, but perhaps when it comes to electrical items I need to be a bit choosier...

He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not [DVD] [2002]
He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Audrey Tautou
Offered by Just4-U-Media
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, complex film, 15 Jun 2013
I love this film and all its complexities. Audrey Tautou is a fantastic actress with wonderful depth of expression. Would recommend even if you're not sure you like non-English films.

Edge Of Love [DVD]
Edge Of Love [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keira Knightley
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 3.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, good, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Edge Of Love [DVD] (DVD)
Not sure what I expected but enjoyed the film, a good portrayal of the tensions between living the war and living with the war. Welsh accents a bit patchy, I appreciate that Keira Knightly is a great actress but were there no Welsh actresses they could have chosen?

Labyrinth/The Dark Crystal [DVD] [2010]
Labyrinth/The Dark Crystal [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ David Bowie
Price: 6.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this film!!, 15 Jun 2013
Labyrinth is genius, weird, brilliant, crazy. Crotch shots of David Bowie...Saw for the first time as an adult, fantastic film. Dark Crystal pretty bizarre but also good.

Tango's Baby
Tango's Baby
by Martin Waddell

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read that explores the lives of ordinary people, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Tango's Baby (Paperback)
Read this as a teenager and enjoyed it so much that I bought it as an adult many years later. A good read, sad but clever.

I Chose to Climb
I Chose to Climb
by Sir Chris Bonington

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, simple book, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: I Chose to Climb (Paperback)
Would like to read more by the same author. Really enjoyed this read. Made me want to climb more and harder!

Page: 1 | 2