Profile for Rob. > Reviews

Rob.

Respect: The Life of Aretha Franklin
Respect: The Life of Aretha Franklin
by David Ritz

5.0 out of 5 stars through to anybody who has been connected to this brilliant singer, her triumphs and tribulations, 5 Dec. 2014
As everyone know's, Aretha Franklin is an extremely private person who won't give anything away with regards to her private life. To be honset most people arn't in her situation being a superstar renowned the world over, and I don't blame her for keeping her cards close to her chest. We all have skeletons somewhere in our family history, whether recent or from long ago whereby them skeletons normally remain in the closet. Who can blame her for being angry at David Ritz for writing this book, even though this is allegedely the true story of this fantastically talented yet complex individual.
I recieved the book as a gift for my birthday and being a massive fan of Aretha, I couldn't help but read it. I have to say that it was compulsive reading, with Ritz having covered almost every facet of Aretha's being. It goes from her early family history i.e. Dad, Mum, Siblings, through to anybody who has been connected to this brilliant singer,her triumphs and tribulations, challenges in life, grief, vulnerability and steely determination. All in All her legacy will remain intact as her story written via someone elses eye' s seem to give an accurate and gripping account of her life. I feel I could say a lot more, but I would rather people reading this review make up their own mind's about purchasing the book or not without me giving too much away.

Gaspari Nutrition Qualitine 300 g Creatine Monohydrate Muscle Size and Strength Powder

5.0 out of 5 stars Qualitine by Gaspari Nutrition., 25 Jun. 2013
I purchased this product about a month back, and I can honestly say that I felt it's benefits within a week of using it. I used to weight train vigorously in my twenties, and hit some decent poundage's in the squat, dead lift and bench press. After my late thirties I stopped doing so much weight training due to work commitments, family life, and being in pursuit of other interests as well. However! I recently started to get the weight training bug once more, and I had started upping the weight I was lifting in my garage basically to increase my strength due to the type of work I'm involved in.
I am now Fifty Three years of age and felt that my strength and stamina levels needed a boost, and after much debate I decided to use Creatine. There are many different products out there, and after looking through the ratings on Amazon, Qualitine caught my eye, as the price was competitive and the ratings were very good. After only a couple of days I did notice that my training sessions were lasting a lot longer, and I was pushing out a lot more reps. After ten days people in work were commenting on me looking chunkier and my arms are looking a lot bigger.
One could argue that I would have made these gains anyway as I had increased the amount that I had trained, but I can honestly say that I didn't expect to change my appearance this quickly, and especially due to my age. The product mixes almost instantly in water, there's no loading up as with many of the similar products, I haven't had any side affects and I will definitely be using Qualitine on a regular basis from now on.

AVG Internet Security 2012, 4 PC, 2 Year License (PC)
AVG Internet Security 2012, 4 PC, 2 Year License (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars AVG Internet security 2012., 22 Feb. 2012
Excellent product, that scans far quicker than anything I have used previously. It keeps up to date with all viruses, it's easy to install and use. Every security feature is there that is standard with all the other famous virus security companies such as Norton, and Kaspersky, yet it scans far quicker and just as thoroughly. Outstanding value, and I would definately purchase this item again.

Pettex Roman Jet Black Gravel 8 kg
Pettex Roman Jet Black Gravel 8 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Pettex Roman Jet Black Gravel 8 kg., 22 Feb. 2012
This gravel is quite simply the nicest and most aesthetic I have ever seen. It is very easy to wash and clean, and sets off the aquarium beautifully. Apart from this, it is excellent value for money, and much cheaper than what you will get at most retailers or pet supplies. I have no hesitation in recommending this product.

Fluval 2 "PLUS" Foam Insert (4pcs)
Fluval 2 "PLUS" Foam Insert (4pcs)
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

5.0 out of 5 stars Fluval2 "Plus" Foam Insert, 22 Feb. 2012
Purchased these foam inserts off Amazon, and at a great price and value. They keep the water spotlessly clean, and are so easy to replace. I would definately recommend these for any prospective buyers, and will definately purchase them again.