Profile for Dr > Reviews

Content by Dr

Dr (Chester, United Kingdom)

New Womens/Ladies Black Wide Fitting Court Shoes.(4.5Cm Heel) - Black - UK SIZE 7
Offered by Wynsors World of Shoes

3.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For, 13 Sept. 2015
For the price they are OK. Within a week, however, they were looking very worn with the toes badly scuffed. I only work in an office environment so I would have hoped for a bit more durability.

World War 1 - Memorabilia Pack
World War 1 - Memorabilia Pack
Offered by Resources for Teaching

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as far as it goes., 4 July 2013
This pack - and all the others in this series - are a great idea but, for teaching purposes, they are too small. I would be happy to pay more for more "lifesize" replicas.

The Virago Book of Women and the Great War
The Virago Book of Women and the Great War
by Joyce Marlow

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Selection, 4 July 2013
This book is an excellent anthology of writing from women in a period that has been for too long dominated by male writers. It also gives you a view of life during the Great War as it was experienced by those not in the trenches. Highly recommended.

WWI Newspapers: 16-page Reproduction of Original 19th Century Newspapers
WWI Newspapers: 16-page Reproduction of Original 19th Century Newspapers
by Ken A. Molzahn

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 4 July 2013
It was probably my fault but I hadn't realised from the description that this is an entirely American product so was of no use to me because I was teaching about the experiences of British people in the First World War.

" The pudding lady's " recipe book,: With practical hints,
" The pudding lady's " recipe book,: With practical hints,
by Florence Petty
Edition: Unknown Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Find, 4 July 2013
I bought this originally to help me with a class I was teaching about the First World War. Actually I was also impressed with the book itself. No nonsense English recipes which are quite economical.

Back Lotion Applicator - helps apply lotions to hard to reach areas of the back!
Offered by Inco-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Help, 4 July 2013
As someone with a dry-skin problem this has been a real life saver as it enables me to put lotion on my back with the minimum of fuss and mess. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 13 Feb. 2013
The case is sturdy and looks good on the wall. When I look closely I can see it is not of first-rate quality but then the price is very reasonable. Overall I am pleased with the purchase and the service received.

Daisychain
Daisychain

3.0 out of 5 stars Practicalities Ignored, 25 April 2011
This review is from: Daisychain (Kindle Edition)
I actually bought this book by mistake as I was looking for one with the same name. It isn't a bad read and it can hold your attention but I do wish the author had thought through the practicalities a bit. I know nothing about corporate law, secret armies or police work so I can't say whether the book reflects these situations well but is is incredible that Irvine as a mother would so totally disregard the care of her baby as she does. She parades around Glasgow all hours of the day or night acting for all the world like a single girl giving very little thought to child care arrangements beyond the first morning and apparently all but forgetting her "little man" as she pursues Logan. Even the Russian criminals gave more thought to the feeding and whereabouts of Ellie than Irvine. If the (male) author of this book had really felt the need to give his female lead a young child, perhaps he should have talked to working mums about the juggling act of parenthood and career first.