Profile for Helen > Reviews

MGB/GT MG WATERPROOF PROTECTIVE FULL WINTER CAR COVER
MGB/GT MG WATERPROOF PROTECTIVE FULL WINTER CAR COVER
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but average quality, 17 Mar. 2015
eh, it's cheap and cheerful and keeps the worst of the weather off, but it's big on an MGB GT and it flogs around in the wind. It's started to tear in places where it's rubbed on the car. However it's doing the job I expected so I can't complain too much. Just don't expect great quality.

JCB The Max Trouser 31 leg - Black, 38W x 31L
JCB The Max Trouser 31 leg - Black, 38W x 31L

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizes are wrong, 17 Mar. 2015
Well the sizes are completely off. I got a 38" which fits my 34" waisted partner perfectly. I'm a chubby lass, but I'm nowhere near 38" round the middle and these barely did up. They're fairly slim legged as well which is fine for skinny-legged blokes but not so hot for us thunderthighed girls. If you're slim and fairly straight up and down these should work for you, but I'd go up a size or two. As it is, the Mr has a nice pair of work trousers! They are well-made and seem practical but they do pick up every cat hair going. If you have no furry pets or only black ones you should be fine!

Finish Line Grease Gun -
Finish Line Grease Gun -
Offered by SunnyvaleWheels

5.0 out of 5 stars No worries, 17 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Finish Line Grease Gun - (Sports)
great, and the Teflon grease tube fits perfectly. It's a bit clumsy with the tube attached so keep that in mind, probably wouldn't want to carry it around on a bike!

Exacompta 75 x 85 mm Plain Board for Printing - White (Pack of 100)
Exacompta 75 x 85 mm Plain Board for Printing - White (Pack of 100)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for fountain pens, 17 Mar. 2015
Smashing cards for fountain pen use, probably the only brand available in white that's reliable with FPs. Bit pricey perhaps, but worth it. Very big ink splodges will start to break down the card surface, but for swatches or actually as index cards, they're perfect.

Vintage Tea Towels 12pk With Loop (100% Cotton Large 70X50 cm) - Longer Lasting, Super Absorbent In White with Blue Stripes - Unique Herringbone Design for Fast Drying & Low Lint - The Best Tea / Hand Towels for Your Kitchen Guaranteed
Offered by Smartz Outletz

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good if you treat them right, 3 Aug. 2014
Very good quality, thick twill fabric which should wear like iron. I gave them a vinegar soak when I received them, then a 40 degree wash which has made them nicely absorbent. They should get better with a few more washes too. Recommended!

Hoover SSN1700 SteamJet Dual Head Steam Mop, 1,700 W - Black
Hoover SSN1700 SteamJet Dual Head Steam Mop, 1,700 W - Black
Offered by Distribution 365E

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm genuinely impressed!, 12 Jun. 2013
I've been thinking of getting a steam mop for a while, but was always a bit dubious about how well it would work. We've all seen the "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER" ads for cleaning things and they turn out to be rubbish. Well, this Hoover is the opposite. Really easy to use, very quick to heat up (about 30 seconds) and then you just push it around like, well, like a hoover :-) and the grot really does come off. We have a 200 year old tiled hall, and using the scrubby head followed by the mop got it looking better than I've ever seen it, with virtually no effort on my part. I use it on the wooden floors as well and it works a treat. The only downside is you do need to vacuum or sweep up any loose dirt before you start otherwise you just end up with steam-cleaned dirt. On tiles it left them a bit wet for a while, but this is a very old house with very cold floors - a more modern house I think the floor would be dry in minutes. All I do is push a cloth around afterwards to mop up any damp bits.

Now I need a mini version for doing the oven and bathroom...

Sony CMTFX250 Mini Hi-Fi with All in One Audio System
Sony CMTFX250 Mini Hi-Fi with All in One Audio System

5.0 out of 5 stars Successful gift, 10 April 2013
I got this for my parents' Xmas present and I was very impressed. Sound quality is very good for such a little beast, and it is super easy to use. Ideal for my Luddite mother to operate, now she just has to stop my Dad retuning it to Jazz FM all the time!

Ancol Acticat Plastic Playground
Ancol Acticat Plastic Playground

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat is unconvinced, 10 April 2013
Item itself is fine, though the springy ball springs off quite easily, but the cat is rather underwhelmed by it. I think because she can't get the ball out, she finds it irritating. If your cat is more easily amused than our fussy feline overlord, they might like it better.

Indesit Indesit Steam Cleaner C00286477
Indesit Indesit Steam Cleaner C00286477

3.0 out of 5 stars manage your expectations, 10 April 2013
This isn't going to clean your oven or make your grout sparkly. It simply hasn't got the grunt (has any steam cleaner? I remain unconvinced) However I bought it for steam-blocking knitted items and getting the creases out of curtains, for which it works a treat.

5 Pack Cat/Kitten Rattle Bell Bright Plastic Play Toys
5 Pack Cat/Kitten Rattle Bell Bright Plastic Play Toys

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay if you have carpeted floors, 10 April 2013
Our cat loves these jingly balls. However the balls themselves are rather brittle, and on our hard floors they have smashed apart quite quickly. She is quite rough with them though - if you have a calmer cat and plenty of carpet they'll be fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3