Profile for The Badger > Reviews

Enter the Dragon
Enter the Dragon
by Theo Paphitis

5.0 out of 5 stars The real dragon, 13 April 2010
This review is from: Enter the Dragon (Paperback)
A fine book, full of genuinely useful business advice and tips, combined with the pleasant wit we have come to expect from this great man.

A wonderful read, highly recommended.

The Attraction Distraction: Why the Law of Attraction Isn't Working for You and How to Get Results - FINALLY!
by Sonia M. Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars Distraction indeed!, 6 April 2010
After reading just one page of this book (and by continuing to read further) it becomes overwhelmingly apparent that the author is very bitter about the success of Rhonda Byrne and The Secret. She seems to be asking the question 'Why didn't I publish my book first?'

Published one year after the Secret, I'm afraid this is an attempt to cash-in on its success. If you want to read a depressing autobiography, buy this. If you want to understand the law of attraction, do not buy this.

I have sent back my copy of this book for the above reasons.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2012 11:57 AM BST

The Secret
The Secret
by Rhonda Byrne

5.0 out of 5 stars The best collaberation of wisdom that I've read, 6 April 2010
This review is from: The Secret (Hardcover)
I cannot help but smile when I read some of the negative reviews that have been credited to this book. The wisdom contained within this book is undenyable and will work for anybody who allows it to, and follows the instructions carefully.

It is blatantly apparent, simply from the choice of words that most of the nagative reviewers have chosen, that they have not understood (or in some cases, even bothered to read) the text of the book!

This book has instantly changed the lives of myself, and many of my close friends and family.

I recommended this book to a very depressed collegue of mine. It turned out that she already owned a copy but, due to her skeptical and closed-minded view of the world, she had put it down and never bothered to finish it! She finished it this weekend on my recommendation and the changes she has already made are very clear to see.

Nobody else can wave a magic wand to make your life the way you wish it to be - that must come from within yourself, and will continue to happen the more deeply you allow the philosophy contained within this book to become part of you.

I recommend this book to anyone and everyone, it is truly superb. 10/10.