Profile for Mrs A Gordon > Reviews

Content by Mrs A Gordon

Mrs A Gordon

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Daughters of the Silk Road: A beautiful and epic novel of family, love and the secrets of a Ming Vase

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful read, 8 Jun. 2016
This is truly a remarkable book with a story that keeps you reading! The ending gave me goosebumps. It's full of historic facts and sheds light on the fascinating world of the rise of the merchant classes from the 15th-17th centuries.

The Palace of Curiosities
The Palace of Curiosities

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and thought provoking, 12 Jan. 2016
What a fantastic read! I got this novel when it was cheap and its was worth every penny and more. It's a mixture of magic and a comment on society, as well as a very interesting twist at the end. It's so well written, and leaves you feeling ponderous.

Aston Martin DBS 1:24 Scale RC Radio Controlled Car (Colours May Vary)
Aston Martin DBS 1:24 Scale RC Radio Controlled Car (Colours May Vary)
Offered by MMP Living

4.0 out of 5 stars Product great but packaging not up to scratch, 23 Dec. 2015
I've only given 4 stars as although the car was a hit and my nephew loved it, the box was damaged because it was only posted in a plastic post bag. I suggest posting in a box next time.

His Wicked Kiss: Number 7 in series (Knight Miscellany)
His Wicked Kiss: Number 7 in series (Knight Miscellany)

5.0 out of 5 stars As amazing as all the others, 18 Dec. 2015
I love this series and each story is better than the last and I still can't decide who my favourite hero is. Although Black Jack is pretty close to the top!

The Help
The Help

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 19 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Help (Kindle Edition)
You have to read this book! It's so good and you will have to take my word for it as I'm not giving anything away!

The One I Was
The One I Was

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting!, 21 Sept. 2015
This review is from: The One I Was (Kindle Edition)
Such a good read with many unexpected twists and turns. It's not usually the kind of book I go for but I'm glad I did as I throughly enjoyed it! I can't wait to read other books by this author.

Paladin's Prize (Age of Heroes, Book 1)
Paladin's Prize (Age of Heroes, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Different but fantastic read!, 22 Aug. 2015
I love regency romance, which Foley is brilliant at, and I do quite like a bit of fantasy so I was intrigued when I read the description of Paladin's Prize. I wasn't disappointed at all! It's as good as her other novels with loads of extra magic. It does refer to an interpretation of Christianity throughout, which I was worried would be a bit too much, but it just adds to the story and characters. I'd say definitely give it a go and like me you may be pleasantly surprised.

Princess: (Book 2 in the Ascension Trilogy)
Princess: (Book 2 in the Ascension Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant as always!, 20 Aug. 2015
I love this author! Princess is as good as all her other books (even when I'm reading the trilogy backwards by mistake!) and I can't wait to read book 1. Such great romantic and sensual stories with really well thought out characters that have depth. I can't recommend these books enough!

Prince Charming (Ascension Trilogy)
Prince Charming (Ascension Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting as usual!, 2 July 2015
Although it seems I've read the last book first (oops!) it's as good as all of Galean Foleys other books! I love her regency romances, the characters are wonderful and the plots always full of peril, as well as steamy love scenes. A must for any lover of a good romp!

Three Daughters: A Novel
Three Daughters: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good!, 26 Jun. 2015
Three Daughters is one of those books that stays with you long after you've put it down. It's such a great story covering such an interesting period in history, in a country that I've not read much about. It is wonderful to be able to follow characters for such a long period, I feel as though I now know the family well. I can recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in social history as well as world history.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8