Profile for Samantha > Reviews

Content by Samantha

Samantha

ThermoMorph - Polymorph Moldable Plastic Pellets 500g - AKA Shapelock Plastimake InstaMorph
Offered by kigs
Price: 19.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 29 Jun 2014
ThermoMorph is a great product but for me the down side is having worked with lots of different modelling products in the past is that the setting time is a little fast. If I am free hand sculpting or moulding I like to be able to work in with the product for a while and you don't really have the chance to do that with this product. Although it can be carved in to after it has set so that may be an option for some, and as I said it would be hard to use with small children because of the hot water element involved. However older children I am sure would have a blast with this stuff, from a science, changing of forms element, as well as a creative tool.

All in all I would say that ThermoMorph was a great product to have a play with for the day. It does exactly what it says on the tin. It takes moulding very well, It makes great impression material and it is easy and fun to use. It takes paint really well, the teal was just two coats of normal acrylic and I saw some people had used glitter and colourings to change the colour before moulding too, so the options are wide open. I love the ability to re-use any of the off cuts or 'mistakes' by throwing it back in the pot for use next time.

Craft Show & Sell
Craft Show & Sell
by Jayne Torie
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and Substance, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Craft Show & Sell (Paperback)
I always love it when a book shows up on my Amazon recommended list that looks as beautiful as this one does. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but it's hard not to buy this gem for the cover alone, just look at it!!
The name of the book is pretty self explanatory but I'm gonna go ahead and tell you about it anyway. If you are planning to make stuff and sell it online, or at craft shows or you just like being nosey and seeing inside peoples craft rooms this book is for you. By far the best crafting 'advice' book for UK artists and designer/makers I have ever read, and I have read A-LOT of these kind of books.
Let me tell you why...
One. It is Beautiful! I know I have said that already but it is probably the prettiest (useful) book I have ever owned. It is full of colourful photography of gorgeous crafty goodness. It has been on my desk for weeks and I cannot stop picking it up and looking at it, like, everyday.
Two. It has stacks and stacks of really useful information in it. From storage suggestions for your craft supplies, to tips from real designers and artists who are already doing what you want to do. And when I say tips I mean real, useful, meaningful tips that will actually help with the steps you can take to make your dream job become a reality.
Three. As international as the world is now, it is so nice as a UK crafter to hear opinions from other UK crafters. The British craft industry is different from that of the rest of the world and it works in a slightly different way, so to have a book written for British crafters by British crafters, it is a refreshing perspective.
Four. There are sections for everything, not just the fun stuff. Being your own boss is really brilliant, but it is a lot of hard work and I feel that this book (unlike many others) doesn't gloss over the sticky bits.
Five. It is all the things I love about craft in one book. It is pretty, well put together and actually useful. It is the polar opposite of style over substance. It is slick, well put together and it looks beautiful. (I know, I said it again!)
I would highly recommend adding this book to your wish list if you have plans to sell your crafts online or anywhere else. If you like looking a pictures of beautiful crafts or if you like great tips on making your craft selling dreams come true. If you want to make your craft selling business the best it can be, use this as your Bible. Seriously.