Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Oxon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Sakura Car Mats for Honda FR-V Fits 2004 to 2009 Models - Black (6 Pieces)
Sakura Car Mats for Honda FR-V Fits 2004 to 2009 Models - Black (6 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with them., 2 April 2015
Very good mats. Fitted well and look smart

Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 400 Premium Fully Wireless Playstation 4, Playstation 3 and Mobile Gaming Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars For PC users too! - initial impressions, 2 April 2015
First things first...these headphones turned up yesterday so this review is purely an out of the box, first impressions/use review. I cannot say anything about long term use.

My setup: Ordinary desktop PC running Windows 7.

I don't actually own a console so I took a bit of a punt that these would work with my PC (based on some of the comments in reviews here). But, at £60 for a set of rechargeable, wireless headphones, I felt it was worth the risk. I wanted wireless as I had just managed to break my Fatal1ty headset by tripping over the wire when I got up from my seat quickly! But, wireless sets usually start around £100 so at this price point, I was intrigued, but realized they may not be the best quality.

Out of the box they are smart, not too heavy but then the compromise there is that they are all plastic so don't feel quite the quality of a more expensive set. But remember the price here. For £60, even disregarding the wireless aspect, they are perfectly fine. Add in the wireless and they are a steal!

Setup on my PC could not have been easier.

1. Plug in the wireless dongle
2. Use the "mobile cable" to connect the dongle to the headphones out on your motherboard/sound card
3. Turn on the headphones

It was that simple. No messing about with drivers etc. Hardest part for me was finding a spare USB slot for the dongle!

I specifically bought them for gaming purposes and spent a couple of hours last night wearing them and doing just that, playing SWtOR and talking to friends on Skype at the same time. Sound from the 'phones is very good. With the 4, built in sound options, you have a bit of variety on top of whatever tweaking you can do with your playback software (if you are listening to music). The mic feeds back your voice into your headset so you can hear yourself if you are shouting. This was a new feature for me and sounds a little odd initially but I soon forgot it was happening. My friends I was chatting to said I sounded fine and didn't report any odd noises or whatever so those here who have reviewed and said they get all sorts of static etc may just be unlucky.

Only slight negative is that I found the 'phones to be quite tight initially. Not painfully so, I gamed for a couple of hours with them with no ill effect, but they are definitely tighter than my old Fatal1ty set. But, maybe I just have a big head!

Overall, they are a total steal at the price! It will be interesting to see how they last.

Operation Oracle: Merkiaari Wars Book 3
Operation Oracle: Merkiaari Wars Book 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Continues in an excellent vein., 2 Jan. 2015
An excellent third installment in the series. Looking forward reading the next one.

What Price Honour: Merkiaari Wars Book 2
What Price Honour: Merkiaari Wars Book 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff., 19 Dec. 2014
Excellent follow up to the first book. looking forward to reading some more in the series.

Anker® 40W 5-Port High Speed Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality hub., 19 Dec. 2014
Great little hub. Cannot fault it as a product. Delivery excellent etc.

Assault Troopers (Extinction Wars Book 1)
Assault Troopers (Extinction Wars Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars I shudder to think what the mother ship looks like!! ), 4 Nov. 2014
The cover illustrators phallic obsession aside (I mean, really!? I shudder to think what the mother ship looks like!!), this is a pretty good sci-fi novel so far. About half way through and enjoying it. Kind of anti-hero type lead (think Riddick and you won't be far wrong). Slightly different twist on the usual alien invasion type story which is nice to see. Worth a 99p punt anyway.

Ergonomic Wrist Rest for Mouse & Keyboard-Black-LARGE - To fit wrist 18cm to 21cm (approx. 7 inch to 8.25 inch)
Offered by wrist donut

3.0 out of 5 stars This wrist rest is a nice idea and I had high hopes for it, 6 Oct. 2014
I use computers a lot as a programmer and serious gamer. This wrist rest is a nice idea and I had high hopes for it. My main issue is not carpel tunnel but more the abrasion of the wrist area over the bone just at the back of the hand and along the forearm against the desk/mouse mat. Whilst this does help to raise that area away from where it keeps rubbing, it is quite narrow so it kind of concentrates the pressure in the area where the wrist support is. This became a bit annoying at times and I kept having to move the wrist support a bit to move the pressure.

Pluses are, as it's attached to your wrist it stays where you want it and it's not actually that intrusive. Minuses, well, for me, it basically didn't solve the issue I had but then I'm beginning to think that the only solution to my issue is to stop using a mouse!

Hard Duty: Merkiaari Wars Book 1
Hard Duty: Merkiaari Wars Book 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but a couple of clunky bits., 18 Sept. 2014
I really enjoyed this book and was going to give it 5 stars but a couple of things made me drop it back to 4. Firstly, at the start of the book, the author introduces a character and spends some time setting up their story and getting into their role in this future world...then completely drops that character until the end! Just felt odd and a bit of a waste. Maybe we will see more of the chr in later books in the series? The other things was how the author stepped into the main event of the book. Can't say what it is without spoiling it but suffice to say, I actually went back to the end of the previous chapter to make sure my kindle hadn't skipped a page! It was jarringly awkward as a transition in the plot.

Probably pretty minor points at the end of the day and overall the book was an excellent read.

Valkyrie Burning (On Silver Wings Book 3)
Valkyrie Burning (On Silver Wings Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Continues to impress..., 2 Sept. 2014
This whole series is great. Continues to impress and my original review for the first in the series, On Silver Wings, still stands. Buy it if you are a real fan of action sci-fi

Valkyrie Rising (On Silver Wings Book 2)
Valkyrie Rising (On Silver Wings Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Continues to impress..., 2 Sept. 2014