Profile for M Darbyshire > Reviews

Offered by Electro World
Price: 1.18

1.0 out of 5 stars Door stop set, 7 Sep 2012
This review is from: HEAVY DUTY RUBBER DOORSTOPS PK5
These are fairly useless as door stops, given they bend and do not seem to be able to hold a door open properly. Not to mention the really bad smell that hits you when you open the packet (unfortunately the smell doesn't go away) 2 of them have fallen in half holding doors open. So definitely not a good product as far as I am concerned.

Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 6 Memory Card
Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 6 Memory Card
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 16GB Transcend SDHC Class 6 Memory Card, 7 Sep 2012
These SD cards are great value for money, they are fast and reliable and provide a good storage size I use them for my Nikon D90 and for the memory card in my Raspberry Pi. Very pleased with the performance and have never had one fail on me which is always a good sign!

Raspberry Pi User Guide
Raspberry Pi User Guide
Price: 8.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Raspberry Pi User Guide, 7 Sep 2012
Downloaded the book yesterday morning and having read large chunks of it I can only say it is well worth the money for it. While most of the information that I have read in the book I have seen in various other places either on the Raspberry Pi forums or through other Linux sites, this book explains everything in a much more simple style to help those who are starting out with Linux and want to get programming for the first time (like myself).

With regards to the programming, it gives you a good start in both Scratch and Python and while you may still need to do some trial and error and looking things up when you start your own programming, you have all the skills to program what you want. One of the other things that I am particularly pleased about with this book is that it gives you a basic start to using the GPIO pins of the Raspberry Pi and ideas for where to go next with your electronics projects.

Overall I would say it is a brilliant book to help you out with your Pi should you be just starting out in the world of Linux and electronics and I would happily recommend it to anyone who is thinking of getting or owns a Raspberry Pi.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2013 5:32 PM GMT