Profile for r2uzenblot > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Samsung 8GB Micro SDHC PLUS High Speed memory card Class 6
Samsung 8GB Micro SDHC PLUS High Speed memory card Class 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Well... it is certainly smaller than the normal cards., 26 Jan 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having received this card, it is fair to say, that it is pretty small. As in tiny... rather impressive really, except when you dont realise that black thing on the back is an adapter and not a card/random bit of rubbish. So having realised that it wa needed for the majority of devices I could finally use it (yay!!)

It does the job - that is a pretty simple analysis, it stores photos, lots of photos.

I will try and say a bit about the quality of the product - trying to describe its technical details sounds rather complicated. It (the card) is small, and grey, and comes with a small carry case and strap. Kudos to Samsung for making sure that you had everything you may ever need with the card. The packaging is a blister pack, looks the same as the packaging to most other memory cards of this type.

The one worry with this card is that I might lose it down the sofa, or hoover it up accidently. Its size is rather restrictive as far as storage is concerned, careful placement is a neccessity.

So, in a short overall conclusion, I would say - good product, at a very reasonable price for the brand and size.

3000 Days
3000 Days
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Wonderful Album, 17 Oct 2009
This review is from: 3000 Days (Audio CD)
I have always been nervous of Prog Rock bands. Dream Theatre are wonderful in places,but.... Porcupine Tree are superb over the past couple of albums and so Pineapple Thief were chanced upon.

This is a compilation and like a wonderful meal, amazing experience or that something special moment with someone it should be cherished for what it is. This is a truly magnificent, masterful comiplation. Don't struggle to understand why by listening to their albums just savour this moment. God Bless This Child is a lovely opening track with some Porcupine Tree flavours that is quite mesmerisng, Shoot First follows with a more upbeat approach but very accessible. Part Zero is soulful and melodic at the same time and reminds me of Pink Floyd's A momentary lapse of Reason. 137 is just a fun track which leads to my so massively favourite We Love You. How appropriate as we really do love Pineapple Thief!

Clapham is again very soulful and full of intricate meanings, designed for low lights, a glass of wine and lonely thoughts. Dead In The Water is another track that reminds me of grandiose Floyd as does Kid Chameleon. Tightly Wound is beautiful and Remember Us is the appropriate last track.

We will remember you, we will remember Pineapple Thief, we will remember the moment I listened to 3,000 days over and over and over and over again. We will remember but please don't spoil the moment by buying the other albums, not quite yet............

An then I found there was another CD in the case. The world as we know it came to an end there and then!

B-Girl [DVD] [2009]
B-Girl [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Julie 'Jules' Ulrich
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.73

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone............, 4 Oct 2009
This review is from: B-Girl [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not a big fan of dance movies but hey-ho someone got it for me so it had to be watched.

The casting does seem a bit strange with the three generations of women seeming to be not that too diffeent in age and their dialogue leaves a bit to be desired. Having said that a dance movie is really about the dancing and yes some of the girls can actually dance.

It's a bit of an story plot though with dancer looks good, gets injured, makes a comeback and then guess what..... comes good at the end.

Director Emily Dell is a bit of a novice and the rawness that sometimes comes through from 'new director' films just doesn't work here. So rough, raw and seems unfinished but primarily for the girls. So if you like the old good-bad-good plot with some dancing it may be worth a cup of coffee and a pizza night in.

Max Factor Second Skin Foundation - Warm Almond
Max Factor Second Skin Foundation - Warm Almond
Price: 9.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 24 Sep 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The foundation was easy and smooth without being greasy like some foundations are. I think the bottle will last a long time as the foundation cream seems as though it will last and last. Some foundations have unpleasant smells but this is not bad at all. recommended.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 24 Sep 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a pretty good package.

Simple to install everything and was easy to work and understand. Unlike some dear old Mc products it also updated and installed the updates without giving the PC an attack of the tortoises.

Kasperskey has already correctly identified a Trojan on a stupid Hallmark greeting card after only 2 days so good news there.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a hassle free installation and an easy to understand use.

Braun Series 3 390cc-3 Electric Rechargeable Male Foil Shaver with Clean and Renew Charger
Offered by Thehealthcounter
Price: 77.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the old gits..........., 24 Sep 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After 30 years of shaving with a razor I thought it time to try out the environmentally friendly way of shaving. No foam, no water and no replacement blades.

The first thing that struck me was the technical knowledge needed to even get the shaver up and running and charged. This was not unsurmountable but the complicated beast did remind me of trying to get a remote control sorted on a TV these days. Despite all of this it looked good, felt good and maybe it would do me good!

And this is the real test. Could a 21st century shaver do the job that my dear old Gillette blade has done for 30 years? The answer was a big NO. Yes it sort of rubbed my face a bit and I am sure those with a more delicate impersonation of facial growth would think it wonderful but stubly old me. Er No!

So in summary, nice design, lots of features (including a clever nose bit) and lots of controls to learn but not a patch on a good razor and gel or foam.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2009 5:41 PM GMT

Looking Back
Looking Back
Price: 6.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Look Back On This Album, 30 Aug 2009
This review is from: Looking Back (Audio CD)
A storming album from John Mayall. His soulful blues voice comes out beautifully from the opening track Mr James. Unlike fellow compatriots of his time , like Rory gallagher, John Mayall never really wen down the rock road too much and this album is full of traditional blues classics. So Many Roads sums the album up with traditional routes and little credit towards the electric rock era, yet with some beautiful electric guitar playing...... My favourite track is It Hurts Me Too with some stonking piano work. Good album and should be part of your collection.

Deuce
Deuce

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 30 Aug 2009
This review is from: Deuce (Audio CD)
Anyone who is used to the energy and harder style of Tattoo would be slightly disappointed at the slightly more laid back approach on Deuce. That's not to say that it is not a good album but it is very much in his blues roots. The outstanding track to me is In Your Town but the style is so varied that there is something for everyone.

This album stands the test of time and is very personal. One for the blues purists as well as Rory fans......

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Protection that just does the job..., 27 Aug 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You wonder when a new years Anti-Virus programme comes out - what new jingles could this year possibly bring? Well, I'll be honest this product doesnt inspire enthusiasm however it does look like a genuinely solid computer protection program.

Over the years I have had experience of various different virus protection software brands, such as Trend, Norton, Mcafee and also Kaspersky. For many years I used to use Mcafee it was (and likely still is) a good product, however in recent years it has become a bit cumbersome for me. So Kaspersky it was (I suffered a month of both Trend and Norton and decided never to return) I have used the full internet suite for the past year, with this years offering coming with what can only be described as a upgraded dumbed down protection. Due to the lack of a firewall it also requires this installed by another vendor (I chose Komodo).

So down to the product, it comes in the standard packaging, not much to say on that front. Then comes installation, this version offers 3 PC setup. It installed fine on 2 Vista 32-bit laptops (the 3rd license isnt needed currently) with minimal effort, however the disk recieved immediately needed to download a 70mb update to the program. Which would have been fine apart from the fact that the downloader kept failing - it did eventually work on about the 4th try.

So the program itself, it loads quickly, it is efficent in tracking unknown programs and it basically fulfills its requirements. There really isnt much to add on the operation side of it. It does exactly what it is supposed to be doing, and it does it well.

The only real minor downsides are the need to install a seperate firewall and the lack of network tracking (found this very useful on my desktop for the past year for tracking bandwidth). So I must say that I would advise people to purchase the Internet Security Suite that Kaspersky offer for around the same price on Amazon.

So yes, its a good product, there arent many abnormal properties that other Anti-Virus programs dont have but tis makes the product solid and dependable, just not quite as full as it should be, it meets but does not exceed expectations - which is the main reason I give it 4 stars.

Philips Nivea For Men Coolskin HS8460 Rechargeable Shaver With Refill and Charge Stand
Offered by Thehealthcounter
Price: 210.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted to Electric!, 26 Aug 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I must admit, when this shaver first arrived I was apprehensive to say the least, previous to this shaver I had never owned, let alone used, an electric shaver. It was packaged in a large box which looked pretty impressive.

Opening it up was a bit of a challenge, the packaging had to be cut away and thrown.. not salvageable. Then came the construction of this foreign object, to be honest it isnt the friendliest to put together, for someone who doesnt know anything about and electric shavers setup it took about 10 minutes to realise what I was supposed to be doing. (however once it clicked it was fairly simple).

The object can be charged in two ways, through the large base with the inbuilt moisteriser which also allows the shaver to take on new reserves of it, or through the small stand, which may be preferable in tighter spaces.

Well, when it came to the first usage it was rather worrying, this large electric item which was supposed to take the place of my Mach 3. Looked rather dangerous to me! Anyway I Persevered - and what rewards were to be reaped.

The shaver has inbuilt moisturiser release which secretes out of 2 of the 3 circuler shavers. It spreads quickly and cleanly, and smoothly allows the shaver to move. It gives a pleasent experience, I would even say it makes shaving enjoyable. It shaves closely and you can move the shaver across your face without any risk of injury.

Having now used the shaver I can safely say that in comparison to my 'old' Mach 3 the shave is closer, more accurate and a generally more pleasent experience.

I must say that overall I would definately recommend this product, once you get past the difficulties of pictorial instructions the usage of this shaver is so superior to any other that I have used for a wet shave that it easily secures 5 stars for me - even if it does retail quite expensively.

----------