Profile for r2uzenblot > Reviews

Content by r2uzenblot

r2uzenblot "rockingrick"
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
It's Morecambe and Wise (Vintage Beeb)
It's Morecambe and Wise (Vintage Beeb)
by Eric Morecambe
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the same, 24 Jun. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Its not a bad disc but the thing about Morecambe and Wise was that there visual interaction made half of their jokes. Whilst the jokes are knowingly funny to someone who has grown up with this classic comedy duo some of the laughter could be lost for people who are of a different generation.

I enjoyed it but the video is much better.

WebSite X5 Evolution 8 (PC CD)
WebSite X5 Evolution 8 (PC CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok its good - but the free domain makes it better!, 24 Jun. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Lets be honest, there is a mass of products out there that claim to be able to create your website for you in easy steps. Yet what makes this product really stand out is its free 12 month domain package.

The website creation is easy - and sleek - and professional, OK so its good at it. Dont doubt it, if you want a quick to make website with minimal knowledge then give this a go. Simple.
Advantage is that you get a years hosting with the price - cheap and worthwhile, perhaps worth buying just for the domain!

Frommer's Paris Free and Dirt Cheap (Frommer′s Free & Dirt Cheap)
Frommer's Paris Free and Dirt Cheap (Frommer′s Free & Dirt Cheap)
by Anna E. Brooke

5.0 out of 5 stars Student book - for cheap travellers, 23 Jun. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Its always nice to have a good list of cheap stuff - especially when you aren't intending on spending a massive amount of money, and so having this book allows you to find many of the cheaper things to occupy yourself with in Paris. Admittedly there are an abundance of not cheap or free things in this book, but that isn't what im interested in.

The free stuff is fairly sparse I agree, but the sections on the cheap food are much appreciated. It is also a well organised and easy to read and reference book. No need to scrawl through a plethora of information merely to find a small piece of information, it is all well laid out and easy to find what you want.

Some of the best bits of the book are the:
Cheap museum list.
Shipping list (:D)
Best Cheap Eats (Always good).

So, yes give this book a go if you are young and want a book to find a few cheap things - there arent many but it will suffice for a weekend or two.

Poser Pro 2010 (PC/Mac)
Poser Pro 2010 (PC/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars Something new - and soooo good!, 23 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Poser Pro 2010 (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well I will admit it, before I got this I hadn't used Poser before, not to say I hadn't heard of it. Yet now I have it installed, it is one of those things that I wonder how I survived without. It does so many nice little tricks, so many ease of use things. Such as rendering an image of someone as a 3d figure (apparently an old ability, but still useful). The program is expensive - but put in context it isnt a high end product price-wise. It is fairly user friendly and I have found it easy enough to get to grips with the basics on it.

The best combination for this would be to also get hold of Bryce (FREE) and also Photoshop (expensive) thus combining the ability to render 3d characters, 3d landscapes and painting tools that work with both.

I did look at the other reviews for this - I didnt understand most of the terms, nor did I know most of the history, yet I feel pretty secure in saying that this product is a sound option, certainly check Shaun's review out for some initial tips - might help you a fair bit. But I would definately say just to give it a go (before buying, perhaps get the trial version for a month and see if it works for you).

British Politics For Dummies
British Politics For Dummies
by Julian Knight

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice basic book on politics., 20 May 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, the book itself is the same as all other 'for Dummies' books, thick and very lightweight. With its instantly noticeable garish yellow cover.

It does exactly what it sets out too, gives you a basic introduction. No more, no less. The comparisons with various other political systems in the world are useful as it gives a contextual feel. However, it does not embellish on itself much and covers a lot of ground in a relatively small amount of pages.

The book is a good book.. I cant argue with that, it is just that perhaps it could do with more detail in places and more examples to back up the points (Not to say that there arent any). So it gets 4* from me, as a good, but not quite great book.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus (2009)/PC/1 user/1 year/Boxed product
ESET NOD32 Antivirus (2009)/PC/1 user/1 year/Boxed product

5.0 out of 5 stars Up there with the best., 15 April 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is with a startling frequency that I now find myself changing virus scanners. From Kaspersky to Norton and onwards to McAffee, this virus scanner is able to contend with the best. I admittedly had not heard of it until I saw it on Amazon, yet found myself in need due to my Kaspersky liscence running out. This virus scanner in comparison to others is:
Lighter on resources than Kaspersky
Much easier to use than McAffee
Simply better in all ways than Norton (what isnt!).

It is recommended by me, for someone needing a simple, effective and very interesting picture packaged virus scanner!

Linksys by Cisco WUSB100 Wireless N USB Adapter
Linksys by Cisco WUSB100 Wireless N USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better, 15 April 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This dongle is a much better device than those that I have previously used - it far surpasses the Belkin dongle that I use on a different computer and provides a much more stable connection. This adapter really cant be faulted. It works, and it works well. I would definately buy it again.

The Eyeball Collector
The Eyeball Collector
by F. E. Higgins

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid book - that perhaps deserves a second look., 18 Mar. 2010
This review is from: The Eyeball Collector (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ill admit it, I didnt read this in two days, or two weeks, infact the time it took me to eventually read this book is more like a month. Dont get me wrong - its a very good book. However, I was probably let down by jumping into these books too late in the series (well collection may be a more suitable word). The book was well written and had a kind of attractiveness just to pick it up and read it for an hour, yet I found myself with better books available (hence the long delay for finishing it).

It is possilbe that this book may be more suited to someone who appreciates the implausible books more (that is to say ones that incorporate some form of supernatural behaviour strongly in the storyline). Being someone who appreciates non-fiction elements more it probably isnt the best book for me - nevertheless I persevered and must say that the book wasnt at all bad, the fact I finished it is a testament in itself to the qualities the book has. I dont want to go overly into a detail of the storyline - theres a synopsis above for that and I wouldnt want to ruin your read!

AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable 3 m / 9.8 Feet
AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable 3 m / 9.8 Feet

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap - Cheerful - Quality, 18 Mar. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The three title words pretty much sum this wire up. It is cheaper than most others available, provides a quality crisp image through my monitor (from Graphics Card) and is the perfect length for it to not be too long. The nice thing about this cable is that it isnt a flimsy object either - its thick and feels durable.

Even better - the amazon stickers are pretty good looking!

Not much else to say, except I think I have mastered the frustration free packaging now! (second time lucky).

Omron Sonic Style Electric Toothbrush 458 Black - Rechargeable Toothbrush
Omron Sonic Style Electric Toothbrush 458 Black - Rechargeable Toothbrush

4.0 out of 5 stars White teeth and splattered mirrors, 4 Mar. 2010
Well this is a first. Techno stuff that works in the bathroom............ A simple device in theory but wow what some features. This electric toothbrush has variable speeds, variable 'spread' of the brush and a 30 seconds pause to remind you to change position. But just how does it work in practice. Techno does not necessarily always mean super!

Assembly was quite straight forward and the instructions clear. Load up the toothpaste, wet the toothbrush and switch on to see the toothpaste fly up onto the mirror. That was fun until I learnt to make sure it wasn't on one of the high speed settings when loading up. Also it helps to turn on in the mouth. Brushing was good once you learnt to let the brush do the brushing and not you. A different brush spread for the difficult to get bits and a faster setting for a gleaming shine. And what a gleaming shine it was. This was the best bit for someone who values a shine in their smile. Within 3-4 uses I got the hang of it and we had a much better result than an ordinary toothbrush. It is worth the purchase just for this if you care.....

As for actual cleaning it seems good but the next check up at the dentist will tell. So overall a great product but it does lose a star. This is because it does have one minor but significant design flaw. The actual head is not fixed in place well enough on assembly and I found it frequently came off in use. That's not to say all the time but I reckon every time I use it it comes of at least once. It may be because I am still subconsciously brushing instead of letting the brush do it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10