Profile for W. I. Taylor > Reviews

Content by W. I. Taylor

W. I. Taylor "quality humorist" (Fife, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
TDK Blu-ray Disc 50 Spindle - 25GB 4X BD-R - Printable
TDK Blu-ray Disc 50 Spindle - 25GB 4X BD-R - Printable
Offered by mottainaiya
Price: 29.76

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic value and quality, 12 Aug 2014
Absolutely amazed not just by the quality of recording but managing to burn 6.5 hours HD on to a single disc. Playback revealed no problems at all. I notice that there has been criticism of the capacity of these discs - 22.5gb against 25gb. If you can store 6.5 hours of HD for 22.5 gb, that is approx. 2.5 times the storage capacity of a dvd in SD. Conclusion, great quality great capacity and for less than 60p each ......fantastic value.

A Series-25 Years of Rock'n'Roll: 1962, 22 of the Year's Greatest Tracks
A Series-25 Years of Rock'n'Roll: 1962, 22 of the Year's Greatest Tracks
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not "same old"., 12 Aug 2014
I liked that the content was different from other 1962 collections. All adds up to what for me was a brilliant year.

Various - 25 Years of Rock N Roll 1962
Various - 25 Years of Rock N Roll 1962
Offered by musikdrehscheibe
Price: 28.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 July 2014
I've purchased this cd many years ago and when I went to play it again recently, I found an empty box and a thorough search bore no fruit. Fortunately, I was able to find a pre-used copy in these pages and am keenly awaiting delivery as I write. If you fondly remember the music of 1962, then this is for you. Have never purchased pre-used cd's before and will keep you posted as for the quality of the ordered copy.

Bridges For Modellers: An Illustrated Record of Railway Bridges by L V Wood published by Ian Allan Publishing (2013)
by L V Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 16 July 2014
I bought a first edition of this book many moons ago. Anyone can make a model bridge but if you want to do a good job then this book is a must. A model designed by the builder might look nice but if it were full size, would it collapse? With this book you can learn how to design and model a structure that will withstand even the most ardent rivet-counters scrutiny. I have seen this book (first edition) on sale at a well-known auction site at a price in excess of 128 in the past. Here, you have the chance to acquire a paperback copy at a bargain basement price. Believe me, it's an essential for the scratch-builder.

Tefal Fresh Express Max - 260 Watt
Tefal Fresh Express Max - 260 Watt
Price: 53.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 7 July 2014
Would like it to do finer grating (one star deducted) than it does. Most function cones produce what you expect although you can forget about shredding turnip; it's just too hard. Also bought one for my sister who says it takes a lot of the grind out of veg preparation". It's ultra easy to clean, not too bulky and is not unpleasant to look at if left out. There is also a lower powered version of which most reviews say it is not up to the job. So if you want one, get this adequate higher wattage version.

BRITA Elemaris Meter Cool Red Water Filter Jug
BRITA Elemaris Meter Cool Red Water Filter Jug
Price: 22.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 7 July 2014
Some odd reviews did not put me off. As for water running down the handle ---Don't overfill it. It has a good capacity (any more and it would be difficult for me to lift), easy on filters although I live in a soft-water area and the colour suits my kitchen.

The Optimists [DVD] [1973] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
The Optimists [DVD] [1973] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ John Chaffey

3.0 out of 5 stars good film - poor quality, 7 July 2014
One of my all time favourite Peter Sellers films. Shame it's region 1 and the quality of reproduction is poor.

Garmin 5-inch Carry Case Fits All 5-inch Garmin GPS Navigators
Garmin 5-inch Carry Case Fits All 5-inch Garmin GPS Navigators
Offered by Markstore
Price: 18.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Get one, 7 July 2014
Really snug fit and excellent protection as expected for this dedicated case.

FoneM8 - Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector (PACK OF 10) Retail Packed - Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth And Application Card
Offered by FoneM8store
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for it., 7 July 2014
Fantastic value at a fraction of the price charged by phone accessory booths. Just be careful when aligning and applying to your screen.

Antex 100W High powered soldering iron - HP100
Antex 100W High powered soldering iron - HP100
Offered by Antex
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works hard, 7 July 2014
Sill working very well but I expect that of an Antex iron. Previously I have had problems with the "bit" severely corroding but no such problem this time round although I do clean it more regularly with a damp sponge.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5