Profile for W. I. Taylor > Reviews

Content by W. I. Taylor

W. I. Taylor "quality humorist" (Fife, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Notebook (Blu-Ray)
The Notebook (Blu-Ray)
Dvd ~ Ryan Gosling
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Whew!, 8 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Notebook (Blu-Ray) (Blu-ray)
This has to be my all time favourite romantic movie. I'll try and promote it without giving the plot away. I'm not usually enamored with flashbacks in films but it is necessary and acceptable with the Notebook. The casting is perfect, the acting superb, the filming magnificent with some breathtaking shots of nature. I gave away my dvd to a friend who wants to watch it again and have now replaced it with a blu-ray copy (full HD 1080). I can endorse the movie description "heartwarming, heartbreaking and will capture you in it's sweeping and emotional force". A word of warning though;............have the tissues (very) handy.

JBL On Stage 4 Portable Speaker Dock with UK/EU Mains Adapter Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, iPod Touch 4th Gen and iPod Nano 6th Gen - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond all expectations, 8 Aug. 2013
Had JBL products previously and was assured of what their quality USED TO BE. With this unit, there appears to be no depreciation in quality.
Pro's - Superb sound for 10w per channel, easy to use, great price (half RRP), compact little remote control, faultless operation
Con's- Could be more compact, shiny black casing shows dust easily but this is not really bad as one look tells me it's time to get the duster out.
After checking reviews for Bose, I decided to go with JBL which is well worth the money and has my full recommendation.
Cracking kit, Gromit.

Henri Lloyd Inshore Jacket - MRN, X-Large
Henri Lloyd Inshore Jacket - MRN, X-Large
Offered by CoastWaterSports

5.0 out of 5 stars ,Quality product, 5 July 2013
Bought this to replace a "make do" jacket for inshore sailing. The product does all it is supposed to do. Although light in construction, it is fantastic for combating wind, rain and sea spray. There is also a high visibility hood integrated into the collar for ease of search in "man overboard" situations or just to spot whereabouts on deck during darkness. Excellent value and highly recommended.

Historic Carriage Drawings, Vol. 1: LNER and Constituents
Historic Carriage Drawings, Vol. 1: LNER and Constituents
by Nick Campling

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 July 2013
This book is a must for the LNER model carriage builder. I use this book in conjunction with LNER standard Gresley carriages and LNER carriages produced by Michael Harris for building 7mm coaches. The two produced by M Harris are more descriptive in text and detail but they compliment each other wonderfully. The Harris "Standard Gresley Carriages" has full descriptive detail of all the diagrams with rail section allocations etc. Harris "LNER Carriages" covers more of the history and planning of this breed. However, Nick Camplings version is best for drawing detail which are mostly in 4mm scale with plan layouts mostly in 2mm scale. I recommend investment in all three books.

Four Classic Albums: Anita Sings the Most/the Lady Is a Tramp/An Evening With Anita O'day/Anita

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than I thought it would be., 4 July 2013
Bought this after watching a warts and all (first female singer to be imprisoned for possession of drugs) programme about Anita . To me, she is the epitome of a female jazz singer (machine gun lyrics included). A huge star in my collection and regularly played. If ya like jazz you'll like this.

Sony 148791411 - Remote Commander (RM-ED034) - Warranty: 6M
Sony 148791411 - Remote Commander (RM-ED034) - Warranty: 6M
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I ordered, 1 Jun. 2013
Goods arrived in perfect condition, as described and in good time. Bought it as a spare. Previously tried to replace other remotes long after purchase with no joy. Inexpensive and works for me.

Aint No Pleasing You
Aint No Pleasing You

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it said on the box, 1 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Aint No Pleasing You (Audio CD)
I only gave it one star because although it arrived in good time and in a shiny new box, the contents did not match the box. It was a kind of piano party which I was not in the mood for. I really can't be bothered getting the bus to town and PAYING for the return postage Needless to say, I won't be ordering from that supplier again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars superb piece of kit, 31 May 2013
Bought this as replacement for my older Samsung. No comparison as it is way out in front. Superb Leica lens producing amazing reproductions. Faults.......none! Recommended it to others looking. Now superceded but higher spec successor ticks all the boxes as well.

SanDisk SDSDU-064G-FFP Ultra 64 GB SDXC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

1.0 out of 5 stars Confusing .............or am I really a dinosaur?, 11 Jan. 2013
Reading reviews for 64gb, i find that some/most reviews refer to 16gb or 32gb. Am I missing something. Can't rate the goods but for the reviews, I am totally confused......1 star (or less)for the confusion.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2013 1:04 PM BST

The Optimists of Nine Elms (Peter Sellers) Region 2
The Optimists of Nine Elms (Peter Sellers) Region 2
Dvd ~ Peter Sellers
Offered by Merlin Bookshop

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic film but a sad rip-off, 21 Oct. 2012
This has to be one of the greatest films I have ever watched........ Why rip-off, because if you want region 2(USA) it is only £2.34 but if you want region 1(UK), the price escalates to a totally scandalous £29.99........and the producers say we are not ripped off????????? You'll get some lame excuse that it's down to manufacturing costs. Maybe they should make region 1's in USA then we can all have them for £2.34. I point blank refuse to add my name to the list of exploytees aka suckers who have fallen for this scam. Fortunately I do have a secondary dvd player to play the cheap American imports but that does not make the price differential acceptable. Such a shame as it appeals to all ages and has to be Peter Sellars best performance ever.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2013 11:48 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6