Profile for J. Baudoux > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kenwood Juicer, 1.5 Litre, 700 W, White
Kenwood Juicer, 1.5 Litre, 700 W, White

1.0 out of 5 stars - relatively easy to clean - good, 11 May 2016
This machine is disappointing in a number of of ways:
- it's very large
- very little juice comes out compared to our 15 year old machine
- centrifuge net becomes clogged quickly so not more than 1 glass of juice can realistically be produced before machine needs cleaning
- expensive for the value you get

Pros:
- relatively easy to clean
- good accessories

Roland Boutique JU-06 Sound Module
Roland Boutique JU-06 Sound Module
Offered by Jb's Music Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sound, 5 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Roland Boutique JU-06 Sound Module
This is the nicest sounding VA synth I have. Some complain about the lack of voices, not true analogue, etc. This is nitpicking. Roland has developed a high quality product that will deliver 95+% what an original 106 used to do for £229 instead of £800 second hand. This will fit in many studios and with producers who want a hands on approach to their music and the immediacy hardware production can offer. For anyone experienced at a basic level in analogue (including software) synthesisers the learning curve will be easy. I was knocking out sounds in minutes and after an hour I felt confident I could design sounds quicker than ever before. Bass and thick pad sounds are fantastic and a strength of this synth. The dedicated keyboard is also great and very solid. Certainly gives a better feel and travel distance than Korgs mini keys on several of their older products. I am tempted to buy a second one and extend the polyphony but I have other synths for that. The only criticism I have for now is that certain commands are hidden and a bit fiddly, like activating the delay and setting feedback, etc. One has to press and hold several buttons at once and the commands are not even written on the front panel but only in the manual.

In summary, this product fits me pretty perfectly. I do have the cash to get a JUNO 106 but am not comfortable with the amount of space it would take. I would rather buy two of these with their dedicated keyboards and not worry about size, maintenance, and breakdown of old gear. I would still have money left over and 2 extra voices of polyphony...

Ganzfeld Meditation Mask, a brand new way to meditate, the "off" button of your mind, one mask with RED light colour
Offered by Life-Changer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Ganzfeld mask, 9 Dec. 2015
I already own a similar mask (in blue) which works with batteries. I like this one better for a number of reasons:

- It's lighter
- Takes up less space
- No batteries required
- Easier to travel with

Please note the mask requires ambient light to work. Having said that, the mask will work even in a dimly lit room. After putting the mask on I felt the effects of relaxation within a couple of minutes. As an experienced meditator I was able to tell the effects were very similar to Zen meditation. It's a great way to block out distractions and emptying the mind, or alternatively focus on a single object in your mind for those willing to practice concentration meditation. Images and visualisations also appear very easily and with open eyes, without getting drowsy (which is more difficult to do with closed eyes as the body can get sleepy). The red mask has an energising effect compared to the blue one, which I found more relaxing.

In summary, this is agreat tool for meditators as well as anyone who seeks relaxation, altered states, and other mind practices.

*Please note I was sent this new mask for evaluation and feedback purposes as an existing customer.

Russell Hobbs 18976 Rosso Hand Blender, 400 W - Red
Russell Hobbs 18976 Rosso Hand Blender, 400 W - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this blender!, 4 Dec. 2015
Do not buy this blender unless you are trying to food-poison your family. The detachable leg features a black plastic cap behind the blade under which food particles and liquids get trapped, I despite daily cleaning I discovered this by a rotten smell that came out of it when pressing the plastic. This product is badly design and a true health hazard.

MSSilk Extra Size Breathable Pure Silk Sleep Eye Mask with Brocade Pouch and Earplugs Gift Set
Offered by Meta-U

1.0 out of 5 stars Impractical but beautiful, 9 Nov. 2015
The fabric lets in light as it's not completely opaque. Light also comes in from the nose area. Avoid.

Inception Totem Spinning Top Zinc Alloy Movie Replica Prop with Dice Gift Bag
Inception Totem Spinning Top Zinc Alloy Movie Replica Prop with Dice Gift Bag
Offered by dengdengzhu

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 17 Oct. 2015
Good gift. Good quality and presentation for the price.

REM Dreamer Lucid Dream Induction & Detection Sleep Mask Dreaming Device
REM Dreamer Lucid Dream Induction & Detection Sleep Mask Dreaming Device
Offered by Balkowitsch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good training device, 17 Oct. 2015
I have had mine for over 4.5 years and it is still working well. I also still have the original Novadreamer. in my personal experience, these devices will not give you a guaranteed lucid dream, I wish it was that easy! What they are useful for is in training the mind to look for specific and consistent cues in your dreams which if recognised, can help you realise that you are dreaming. You still need to use prospective memory training during the day and program your mind to pay attention to bright lights and bright objects in your waking life, and have a strong intention to recognise these also in your dreams. The good thing about this mask is that you can set the light flashes to last up to 30 seconds when they detect REM. When I use the mask and set the right brightness level it will help me to wake up after each dream period during the night and I manage to remember 3-4 dreams fairly easily. This is normally quite difficult to do without waking up during the night as when we sleep through all the way, the brain struggles to remember. So this tool is not only useful for training the mind to recognise dream signals (things that typically happen in one's dreams) but also for dream recall. Considering the reliability, build quality, and results, I think it is worth the price. All of my lucid dreams have happened without the REM mask by using well known LD techniques but the mask has definitely helped on this journey and I am still using it.

REM Dreamer PRO Lucid Dream Induction & Detection Sleep Mask Dreaming Device
REM Dreamer PRO Lucid Dream Induction & Detection Sleep Mask Dreaming Device
Offered by Balkowitsch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good training device, 17 Oct. 2015

Migraine Headache - Colour Therapy Glasses / Sunglasses
Migraine Headache - Colour Therapy Glasses / Sunglasses
Offered by clip-on-sunglasses

1.0 out of 5 stars These are terrible glasses. They are not treated for reflections, 1 Oct. 2015
These are terrible glasses. They are not treated for reflections, which means you will get ghosting and reflections on the inside and this results in eyestrain. I returned them.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, A new low for video games, 4 Mar. 2015
Despite technical qualities, the game fails at a very basic level. While a lot of games handle some level of violence, GTA V does so in a mindless way. The worst part is that less than halfway through the game you need to control one of your characters to torture a suspect and extract information (by pulling teeth in a graphic and gruesome way nonetheless) which is the first time we have seen this on a console game. Sorry but torturing someone is not something I consider entertaining, in any way shape or form. And since there is no way of skipping this mission, it's game over for me. It's a new low in video gaming. I am not even goin to resell the game, binned it.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2015 3:58 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3