Profile for Ingrid > Reviews

Enlightened - Complete HBO Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Enlightened - Complete HBO Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Laura Dern

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 8 Jun 2014
I am a big fan of this series!
I didn't know what to expect when I started watching it and ended up so enjoying it.
This brave woman - I wish there would be more of her kind. Annoying but oh so necessary. Can't wait to watch season two.

14 Kilometers ( 14 kilómetros )  ( Fourteen Kilometers ) [ English subtitles ] [DVD]
14 Kilometers ( 14 kilómetros ) ( Fourteen Kilometers ) [ English subtitles ] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Adoum Moussa

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad and uplifting, 19 Nov 2013
This was a very sad and yet an uplifting film. The storyline was interesting, the characters played excellent and it showed some of the harshness, struggle and dangers the people trying to emigrate experience. It is uplifting because there are lots of people showing human compassion and willing to give help making this impossible journey possible. Highly recommended.

Little Senegal [DVD] [2001] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Little Senegal [DVD] [2001] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Sotigui Kouyate

5.0 out of 5 stars A well acted and interesting story, 19 Nov 2013
I really enjoyed this film. The main character travels to the US looking for history and roots and ends up with present day's challenges which he handles in his own way.

The First Grader [DVD]
The First Grader [DVD]
Dvd ~ Naomie Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars An extraordinary man, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: The First Grader [DVD] (DVD)
I just love films about extraordinary people - it is so inspiring to watch what some people can achieve. And this is such a film to love.
This 84 year old man decides to learn to read and write and is so determined to do so that he can endure almost anything and in the end he even ends up in the UN in New York to tell about the power of reading.
He has endured lots of horror in his life, so him being this strong, wise, gentle old man is amazing and inspiring.
Highly recommended.

Where Do We Go Now? [DVD]
Where Do We Go Now? [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leyla Hakim

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 25 Aug 2012
This review is from: Where Do We Go Now? [DVD] (DVD)
I loved the characters, the music, the story and the filming - it was really a treat for me when I watched it at the cinema with friends. It was laughter and tears, and I enjoyed how the women outsmarted the men to prevent an outbreak of violence and the solidarity between the women. I will most likely watch this film again. Highly recommended.

Where do we go now ? AKA Et maintenant on va où ? French and Arabic NO ENGLISH
Where do we go now ? AKA Et maintenant on va où ? French and Arabic NO ENGLISH
Offered by CKDO77

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 16 July 2012

The Language of Flowers
The Language of Flowers
by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm-hearted and optimistic story, 10 July 2012
This is a book about love and hope and that everything is possible even if the starting point is poor. I felt good when finished reading it and really got to like the characters, their pleasant and loving nature. Highly recommended to everyone who wants a sweet story.

Main Street [DVD] [2011] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Main Street [DVD] [2011] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Colin Firth

3.0 out of 5 stars Great actors but bad storyline, 5 July 2012
Just OK to watch but nothing more. Will soon be forgotten by me as the story didn't engage me as I found the manuscript to be boring. Just easy-going, no big drama or excitement, very likable cast of characters, it is all very nice and ordinary but it is missing some kind of tension to make it interesting. So many great actors so this is really very sad. I was expecting more.

All These Lonely People (Quick Reads)
All These Lonely People (Quick Reads)
by Gervase Phinn

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick and enjoyable read, 2 July 2012
Warm-hearted and well told story about people struggling in their lifes. I enjoyed reading it and find this to be yet another good book in the "Quick Reads" series.

Fairy [Blu-ray] [2011] [US Import]
Fairy [Blu-ray] [2011] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Dominique Abel

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 5 Jun 2012
This is a small pearl of a film - crossing through ballet, wordless acting, strange figures, peculiar storyline, wonderful acting and very memorable. It is full of humour and aesthetics - a different film experience - in a good way. It was like a blind date for me when I went to the movies to see this film - and I was pleasantly surprised. Just sit back and let yourself enjoy - highly recommended.

About the film:
"Dom is a night watchman at a small hotel in Le Havre, France. One night the mysterious Fiona appears, shoeless and without any luggage. She tells him she is a fairy and that he can have three wishes come true. The next day two of them are fulfilled and Fiona has disappeared. But Dom really wants to find her as she has opened a new world to him, a world crowded by fantasy and love."

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6