Profile for Laz > Reviews

Content by Laz

Laz (UK, London)

Page: 1 | 2
Foundations of CentOS Linux: Enterprise Linux on the Cheap (Books for Professionals by Professionals)
by Chivas Sicam

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Very good detailed part of LPAD config, also samba config!
Very good book, pleased with it.

Kingston Technology 8 GB USB 2.0 DataTraveler SE9H Flash Drive with Metal Casing

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Still works after years!

Hi Vis Armoured Waterproof Motorcycle Trousers W38 L36
Hi Vis Armoured Waterproof Motorcycle Trousers W38 L36
Offered by Bike-Wear-Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 14 July 2014
Not waterproof at all! 30mins and you are in trouble!

Intel Core i5 4570S Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 2.90GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 65W, Graphics, 4th Generation Core)

5.0 out of 5 stars so it's good for virtualisation, 14 July 2014
It has direct I/O, so it's good for virtualisation.

Motorcycle Autobike Bike Bicycle Chain Gear Cleaner Washer Cleaning Brush By BuyinCoins

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 14 July 2014
Starts collapsing like a rotten wood after a few months.

Travel Pillow
Travel Pillow
Offered by Saving world

5.0 out of 5 stars It's really comfy and has a very nice material, looks like leather, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Travel Pillow (Kitchen & Home)
OMG, it's worth every penny!
It's really comfy and has a very nice material, looks like leather, very soft!

Also the price! You can't get a proper lolly pop for this price on the high street! :)
I already bought an another one for our car journey.

Bosch SMS40T42UK ActiveWater 12 Place Freestanding Dishwasher - White
Bosch SMS40T42UK ActiveWater 12 Place Freestanding Dishwasher - White
Offered by Appliances Direct - UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible disappointed, even Bosch name worth nothing nowdays, 14 July 2014
Hi,
I can confirm that after less than a year, heater element which heats up the water went down in it!
Terrible disappointed, even Bosch name worth nothing nowdays!
It started killing the fuse(heater element has a short circuit) and the electric went down in the whole flat.

We have not used it for 2 days, then we checked it again, now the whole program finishes itself and does not kill the electric, but does not heat up the water at all. Also clearly the main board does not check that water heated up or not!
What kind of engineering is this??? I had a crap Daewoo dishwasher and that one at least stopped and showed the issue.
Al tough this one has no display, but at least it could do some beeps(like computer BIOS) and tell the owner, man something's wrong with me!

I still have 2 weeks warranty left on it, so I have booked an Engineer to come and get it repaired.

PS.: I don't agree with the other person regarding the space and etc.. It was a really good dishwasher and I was really happy with it, till it died. It served 5 persons family daily, but not anymore unfortunately.

Ryde Motocross/Enduro Motorcycle Handlebar Brush Guards - Black
Ryde Motocross/Enduro Motorcycle Handlebar Brush Guards - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't fit, wrong shape, 3 Jun. 2014
Unfortunately I bought it for my bike and didn't fit at all.

It's quiet cheap to be honest, but it's a wrong shape as it was mentioned by other buyers.
Has actually anyone had a bike to try it on???

Don't fit on Kawasaki ER6-n, ER6-f.

Another must have gadget went on the shelf...

Kingston Technology 120GB 2.5 inch SSDNow V+200 SATA3 Solid State Drive
Kingston Technology 120GB 2.5 inch SSDNow V+200 SATA3 Solid State Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars SSD, 24 Oct. 2012
What could I say about this product other than it's amazing?!
You will go into a new dimension with this SSD.
Bloody quick upgrade/install times, it's a must have product.
Just like in the old school times with the Norton cache application, when I had my 4MB RAMDRIVE installed into the system.
Probably some people still remember that application.

Just an advise if you upgrade your Laptop with a secondary HDD holder (placed into DVD drive space) and you plan to install the SSD into that, well don't do it!
I had "only" 280Mbit read speed in the secondary HDD holder, because of the SATAII interface in this converter.
I swapped the old HDD with the new SSD and I got 500Mbit read time on the SATAIII interface.

So it takes more time/effort to swap with the original HDD, but it is worth it if you got SATAIII interface in your box.
Otherwise it wont make any different I guess.

So go for it, don't hesitate!

Compaq Presario CQ57-366SA 15.6 inch Laptop PC (Intel Corei3-370M Processor, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium)

1.0 out of 5 stars More than a month repair time, 28 Jan. 2012
I bought this Laptop in December last year. It's got ruined in January 36 days after I bought it.
Phoned up the support and they told me it has to be repaired at the factory because it's got a motherboard issue.
I got a quote for the repair time as 7-9 days. They picked it up the very next day and the third day they changed the status of the laptop as repair delayed for some reason. I phoned them up to figure out what is going on and I was told I have to wait 12 of march for the new motherboard!!! (more than a month)
The lady said I know this is unacceptable and forwarded my call to the complaint department although I didn't ask for it.
Have a guess the complaint department told me that I have to wait next month and they can't do anything else.

So think before you buy any HP product because they can't afford any stock at the repair factory. (Flextronics at Manchester)
Neither can afford the "very" high delivery cost from China.

I asked the complaint department what's the point to having your department if you can't resolve anything at all?
This Company is just like a small dodgy cowboy builder entrepreneur with the cheap White old Ford Transit.
How is it called? Gate warranty or something similar I think. You lose all the warranty after you got through on door.

This was the last HP/Compaq product I ever bought.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2012 3:13 PM GMT