Profile for Jazzy P > Reviews

Content by Jazzy P

Jazzy P "Pakaki" (London, UK)

Back to Creative Writing School
Back to Creative Writing School

5.0 out of 5 stars A writing book that makes you actually write & want to write., 14 Jan. 2014
I love how the book is laid out like a course but I also love the fact that I can dip in & out of it and do not have to follow it in any prescribed way. It's amazing how a simple exercise like a name can get one writing. That is my favourite exercise of the book because it is so simple but yet so deep. The exercises work, they do get you writing which is great. The quotes/references of other writers at the beginning of each chapter is a good opening to them. I have to say that having done a writing class with Bridget at City Lit Summer'13. I loved how enthusiastic she could make you feel about writing, which is something the book does. It gives you confidence and builds on the fact that you are writing. Constantly building on what you have done before. She also makes you think outside of the box as a writer. I left her writing Your Family Biography course with ideas I had never thought about before and numerous ways of how one could write a family biography. She was always able to put another spin on how you could write something, which never failed to amaze me. She is a fun, fascinating and very interesting teacher. Her love of writing is something that comes through in her teaching and her writing. For anyone who wants to write, has writers block etc this is a brilliant book to get you on your journey. Don't take my word for it, get the book and prove it for yourself.