Profile for Chris Jones > Reviews

Chris Jones

Cradle To The Grave
Cradle To The Grave

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it to bits, 5 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Cradle To The Grave (Audio CD)
Proper song writing, I am addicted to this album, it has all the original Squeeze trademarks, and more.
Early Squeeze had a certain raw naivety and cheekiness, they haven't changed that much - just got older!
Love it to bits, Hats off to Chris and Glenn, and thankyou.

Brilliant
Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars FIFTEEN AGAIN!, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Brilliant (Audio CD)
When Ultravox announced they would be touring again a few years ago, I was not going to miss out. In the back of my mind was "can they still do it, or will I be disappointed?" They were amazing, we saw them again last year, I was dancing with tears in my eyes. (sorry!)
They then announced a new album was on it's way with all new material. In the back of my mind again was that nagging doubt. I really don't know why, I have been listening to every sample and streaming, getting more and more excited.
I received my c.d. this morning, "Brilliant" is an understatement there are bits of the old albums in all the tracks, whilst still being refreshingly new. I would list my favourite tracks, but they will different tomorrow.
Sitting here listening to it, I feel I am fifteen years old again and bunking off school (might even pinch a tin of my dad's cider!)
If like me, you are fed up with most current manufactured, over produced, boy/girl band, 'talent' show winners, give "Brilliant" a spin, you can't go wrong.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2012 7:08 PM BST