Profile for Sarah > Reviews

Content by Sarah

Sarah (TAUNTON, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Living World Exercise Ball for Hamsters
Living World Exercise Ball for Hamsters

5.0 out of 5 stars Living World Exercise Ball, 3 Mar 2014
I have a Syrian hamster and some hamster play balls are just not big enough for Syrian hamsters. They end up with an arched back as they play, which cannot be good for their health. This ball is bigger than others I have come across. My little chap, Harry, thinks it is great fun and charges about the house in it at a great rate of knots! Being clear, rather than coloured is probably nicer for me, rather than for Harry, as his eye sight isn't the best (hamsters don't have great eyesight) but at least he is seeing the world in the correct colours. The amount of bashing it has already taken with Harry's driving and steering skills, it appears to be pretty robust, too. Harry and I are very pleased with it.

Care for your Hamster (RSPCA Pet Guide)
Care for your Hamster (RSPCA Pet Guide)
by RSPCA

5.0 out of 5 stars Care for your hamster, 3 Mar 2014
This is a superb little book to help you take good care of your hamster, no matter which variety you aim to own, or already have. It is clearly illustrated throughout and simply, but well written. I think even children could read it. Yet it offers good advice covering all aspects of hamster ownership. I feel I can better take care of my little chap now I have this on my bookshelf.

Trixie Hammock For Mice/Hamsters - 18 ×cm
Trixie Hammock For Mice/Hamsters - 18 ×cm
Offered by SaveMoneyonThis

2.0 out of 5 stars Hammock for mice/hamsters, 3 Mar 2014
When this hammock arrived, I thought it looked really good. I have a Syrian hamster. The hammock was soft and could be secured well to my little Harry's cage. It lasted about two weeks, as Harry gradually, but systematically chewed threw one of the straps which held it in place, so unfortunately, it is now in the bin. Bit of a waste of money, all in all.

The Crimson Rooms
The Crimson Rooms
by Katharine McMahon

5.0 out of 5 stars The Crimson Rooms, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Crimson Rooms (Paperback)
This was a new author to me and I was not expecting to enjoy this book anywhere near as much as I have. It is very well written, giving a good feel of the time it is set in (after the First World War) and also the legal profession. It had a feel of being a saga, as a mystery, so may well suit readers who enjoy both genres. I will definitely be looking for more books y this lady, as she writes very well. No foul language, or anything really shock, just a really good read to settle down with and thoroughly enjoy.

Fluval U2 Poly / Carbon Cartridge
Fluval U2 Poly / Carbon Cartridge
Offered by PetGoods4U

4.0 out of 5 stars Fluval U2 Poly/Carbon Cartridge, 4 Feb 2014
Fluval make possibly the best equipment for the fish keeper. The Fluval U2 filter is superb. This cartridge comes with the filter when you buy it and in my inexperience I used it all the time and wondered why my plants would not grow! The carbon cartridge removes chemicals from the water, so it will remove any plant food you have added, too. But it is great for removing any medications or water treatments you may need to use, but do not need to always have present in your aquarium water. I have now started to use the Fluval Poly Clearmax cartridge instead of this one, as it removes phosphate, nitrate and nitrite, which helps to maintain clear water and to avoid odour.

Rosewood Boredom Breaker Small Animal Activity Toy Rainbow Play Bridge, Small
Rosewood Boredom Breaker Small Animal Activity Toy Rainbow Play Bridge, Small

3.0 out of 5 stars Rainbow play bridge, 4 Feb 2014
I think this pretty little bridge would be ideal for the smaller hamsters. I have a Syrian hamster and he has walked over it, sat on the top and now does not take any notice of it! It is nicely made, lovely and colourful for hamsters owned by children, but my little chap just is not interested in it.

Superpet Comfort Wheel, 8.5-inch, Large
Superpet Comfort Wheel, 8.5-inch, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars 8.5 inch Superpet Comfort Wheel, 4 Feb 2014
I bought this for my Syrian hamster, as they need a larger wheel than the smaller hamsters need. My little man loves it and does not have to arch his back as he goes faster and faster! It is a big hit with my little man. I Have given it only 4 stars and not 5, as I have had one problem with it in that I just could not get it to attach to the cage, so I am using it on the stand it comes already attached to. It comes with no instructions and the stand just would not come off, no matter what I did. Fortunately my hamster's cage is large enough to have it free standing, otherwise I would have wasted my money.

API Freshwater Master Test Kit
API Freshwater Master Test Kit
Offered by Aquatics Discount

5.0 out of 5 stars API Freshwater Test Kit, 4 Feb 2014
This has all the basic testing equipment you will need for freshwater and salt water fish keeping. It comes with four test tubes, which you must be careful not to break as I have not found a way of just buying the test tubes. It tests for pH, high pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels. I have kept the stand that it arrived in to keep all the solutions, test tubes and cards tidy in my cabinet. I find it easy to use and my fish are healthier as a result, I am sure.

Kitchen Craft Kitsch'n'Fun Ginger Cat Table Top Vacuum Cleaner
Kitchen Craft Kitsch'n'Fun Ginger Cat Table Top Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Novelty vacuum cleaner, 4 Feb 2014
I bought this as a novelty Christmas present when my dear Dad was poorly with cancer. I never could have guessed the joy it would give! It is really cute and ideal for cat lovers. And it is surprisingly efficient at picking up crumbs. Dad is sadly no longer with us, but Crumpet (as he is still called!) still has pride of place in Mum's kitchen and is being really useful.

Savic Ruffy 2 Navy Blue Rat And Ferret Cage 80 X 50 X 38 Cm
Savic Ruffy 2 Navy Blue Rat And Ferret Cage 80 X 50 X 38 Cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Cage suitable for Syrian Hamster, 4 Feb 2014
This is a cage for rats, but, having read what the RSPCA recommended for a Syrian hamster, this was the right size for my little man. It comes already assembled, so all you have to do is clip the cage top onto the base. The tunnel clips together very simply and has chains to suspend it from the cage. I put in Harry's toys and a new wheel I had treated him to as he is growing and if he could talk, he would tell you himself how brilliant his new home is! He has been in and out of his tunnels (he has three) on and off his wheels (he has two) and behaving like a child in a playground. Every now and again he has stopped as if to say "Thanks! This is great!" Be warned that, as another reviewer has written, this is big, but if you want a happy Syrian hamster, Harry recommends this and is giving a very firm claws up and ten out of ten!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3