Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Brother Sun, Sister Moon [DVD] [1973]
Dvd ~ Graham Faulkner
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing movie, 15 Feb. 2005
It is an incredibly inspirational and encouraging movie. I haven't yet seen a film that has taught me so much about myself and my faith as this one. Take a look, I reccommend.

Rees Howells: Intercessor
Rees Howells: Intercessor
by Norman Grubb

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and encouraging, 13 Jun. 2004
Rees Howells was an awesome bloke, clearly. The book is fantastic and gives an insight into a time when people trusted God on His word and then acted upon it. He was blessed because he was obedient and faithful and as such his obedience affects so many others still to this day. A very good read.

Earth Habitat: Eco-injustice and the Church's Response
Earth Habitat: Eco-injustice and the Church's Response
by Dieter Hessel

5.0 out of 5 stars Revealing and brilliant, 13 Jun. 2004
This book has answered so many questions that I have. I had so many doubts about my faith because of the church's poor response to ecology and the environment in the past. I felt in the dark and I questioned my faith. Now I am far better empowered through the brilliant authorship. I would love to read some more work like this, it is so rare to find such an honest and open insight into such an important question, how does the church respond to the environment. I recommend you read it, very thoroughly, and then tell your friends and students.

The Wounded Healer: Ministry in Contemporary Society : Text Complete and Unabridged
by Henri J.M. Nouwen

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic approach to healing, 9 Sept. 2003
What would you do if you went to the doctor and while he was busy consulting with you, he pulled out a box of ciggarettes and started smoking? Why wait to find out how he is going to heal you, the man himself is ill, maybe he should visit a docotor too. The wounded healer is the one who is aware of his own wounds, and maintains their welness while he heals the wounds of others. A good book for anyone hoping to carry out the Great Commisiion.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2009 11:27 PM BST

Jock Of The Bushveld [VHS]
Jock Of The Bushveld [VHS]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Life is a story like the wind, 14 Aug. 2003
Beautiful movie, one of the best I have ever seen. Anyone who loves freedom and wants to learn a little of true African history with a story of the love of a man and the bond he develops with his dog. A true story and most touching, Africa rules and her heart is displayed in this story. Magnificent music, some of which is performed by Johnny Clegg, a true hero of African unity. Enjoy it if you can get hold of a copy, if you do, let me knmow, I'd be glad to get one too!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2009 10:02 AM GMT

Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul
Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul
by John Eldredge

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 27 Jan. 2003
Eldredge has written a book that challenges men to stand up, to not conform to the world, to not become the image that man wants man to be but rather to fill the boots that God made for us. We are able. We are a wonderful creation and we have the ability to return to the source and thank Him by acknowledging Him by becoming men, true men. He uses films and books as references, such as Gladiator and Braveheart. The best quote is 'the four things a man doesn't need at sea - an anchor, oars, a sail - and the fear of going down.' Its a very good read.