Profile for A. L. Whiteside > Reviews

Content by A. L. Whiteside

A. L. Whiteside "Allie" (North Wales)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Price: 1.59

2.0 out of 5 stars a disappointment, 2 April 2012
I found this book boring and predicatble and about 250 pages too long. It has not spurred me on to read the other books in the series. Didn't live up to the hype.

Vax Mach 7 VZL-6017 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars If I could give no stars I would!!!, 5 April 2010
I bought this cleaner from another source but feel like I should tell everyone what a heap of junk it is. We had it for 24 hours before it stopped working and it was so heavy that my arm hurt using it. We called the helpline as it says on the machine but we told we would have to wait for them to send us a bag to put it in, ring the transport company who would arrange to pick it up and take it to Vax for it to be mended and then returned to us and that could take upto 3 weeks! We were not prepared to wait that long. For the amount of money we paid we were extremely unhappy. Returned it to store the very next day and bought a Samsung cleaner!

Doomsday [DVD]
Doomsday [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rhona Mitra
Offered by gowingsstoreltd
Price: 2.83

1.0 out of 5 stars Would give this minus stars if it was allowed...., 30 Sep 2008
This review is from: Doomsday [DVD] (DVD)
Well that is 1 hour and 41 mins of my life I will never get back. I should have spent the time doing something more productive..... like sticking pins in my eyes. Please I beg of you, don't waste your time.

Koala Brothers - Outback Christmas [2006] [DVD]
Koala Brothers - Outback Christmas [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Koala Brothers
Offered by simply-well-priced
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for any Koala Brothers fans, 13 Jun 2007
My 2 yr old son loves this and we watch it nearly every day. A very sweet story in which Frank & Buster go the the South pole for Penny the Penguin who can't come for christmas because she has hurt her wing. Very heartwarming & very cute.

The Historian
The Historian
by Elizabeth Kostova
Price: 5.68

1.0 out of 5 stars Bored!! - if I could make it no stars I would!, 12 Sep 2006
This review is from: The Historian (Paperback)
My collegue and I both started to read this book at the same time. He gave up at chapter 6 and I gave up at 18. Frankly, I was bored. The book is far to long for it's content. I agree with the reviewer who said that it had been edited to half it's size it would have been better. I kept waiting for the narrative to grip me and it never happened. I didn't feel anything for the characters (apart from the dead cat!).

[...]
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2011 12:32 PM BST