Profile for MISS ZJK > Reviews

Madworld (Wii)
Madworld (Wii)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars What a blast!, 2 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Madworld (Wii) (Video Game)
I'm a girl so I bought this game thinking it would be one for the lads. But I was pleasantly surprised to see myself sucked into it. I had a little difficulty in the beginning adjusting to the visuals (my old TV doesn't make it easy either) but once I got the hang of it, I couldn't stop! Yes, it's gory - but it's all evidently fictitious and I like how it encourages a great use of the Wii remote. Hours of fun and recommended for those who are looking to catch a break from typical Nintendo Mario games! I'm only giving it 4 stars because the visuals are not very easy to get used to. I wear glasses and have a slight eye-sight problem so it was probably worse for me because of that!

Alone in the Dark (Wii)
Alone in the Dark (Wii)
Offered by scaddingk

3.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of this, a little bit of that., 2 Mar. 2011
I guess I purchased an ALONE IN THE DARK limited edition box set for Wii because I like collecting limited edition stuff, BUT, I decided to give the game a serious go since people were bashing it left and right. I'll be fair...it's not good, but it's not excruciatingly bad either. Atari are gaming industry veterans and most of their stuff has been good. This is just one of the exceptions so let the guys catch a break. I felt that this game had a lot of potential but they just didn't know what to do with it. However, I must say that it's not SO awful that you can't stand playing it at all. If you're a hard-core gamer, maybe it is painful for you. But if you're a casual gamer like me, it's playable. To sum it up, I wouldn't spend too much money on it but I wouldn't expect to get it for a few pennies either.

Alone in the Dark 5 Limited Edition Box Set (Wii)
Alone in the Dark 5 Limited Edition Box Set (Wii)
Offered by Retro Online

3.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of this and a little bit of that., 2 Mar. 2011
I guess I purchased this box set because I like collecting limited edition stuff, BUT, I decided to give the game a serious go since people were bashing it left and right. I'll be fair...it's not good, but it's not excruciatingly bad either. Atari are gaming industry veterans and most of their stuff has been good. This is just one of the exceptions so let the guys catch a break. I felt that this game had a lot of potential but they just didn't know what to do with it. However, I must say that it's not SO awful that you can't stand playing it at all. If you're a hard-core gamer, maybe it is painful for you. But if you're a casual gamer like me, it's playable. To sum it up, I wouldn't spend too much money on it but I wouldn't expect to get it for a few pennies either.

Nintendo Wii Console (Black) with Wii Sports + Mario Kart and Black Wii Wheel + Motion Plus Controller (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC PRODUCT, 19 Dec. 2010

Anyway, I noticed that a lot of people downgrading the Wii have nothing solid to say against it except pulling out the graphics insults and the "Xbox/PlayStation is better" insults. These very people would also stop short of killing each other while reviewing the PlayStation against the Xbox too. Here are some common arguments presented and my responses to them:

1. OMG WII GRAPHICS ARE POOR - no, they are not. Graphics aren't everything, it's the game-play and gaming experience that matters. That being said, the graphics on the Wii are by no means poor. Please pick up a copy of Golden Eye or Black Ops and tell me if it's "poor". And really, if you think it is, I think there is something wrong with you or your eyesight. They might not be top of the range, but they are far from being bad. And please stop referring to Wii Sports or Mario/Classic Nintendo games because THEY ARE MEANT TO HAVE THOSE KIND OF GRAPHICS! The whole purpose is to give gamers that retro experience with some modern elements to it. If you're a kid born in like 1993, of course you're not going to understand that. I would never want to pick up a copy of Mario if he looked like a real life human being with swords and guns in his hand, going around butchering people.

2. WII GETS BORING AFTER A WHILE - no, it does not. There are plenty of games on the Wii to choose form, and they continue to make more games. Let's not forget that they also release latest titles like Call of Duty: Black Ops. If you're playing SO many video games that you run out of good games to choose from, I suggest you either get a job or find some other hobby because you have an unhealthy life-style playing video games all day long. I have a full-time job and it takes me a while to finish a game. I honestly don't understand how people can finish a game within a few days and then complain that the console got boring. Re-evaluate your lifestyle, not your purchase.

3. SWINGING ARMS ALL THE TIME GETS OLD AND BORING - in case you didn't notice, there are classic controllers (not just the Game Cube ones) that are available for the Wii to play some of the games. Regardless, what's wrong with swinging your arms? Sitting on the couch in one position for hours and hours straight, tapping on the buttons frantically while staring at the screen is meant to be interesting!? I think you guys should do yourselves a favor and swing your arms, shed some weight, and get some exercise. It's actually quite therapeutic. And by the way...if swinging your arms isn't fun, then what are PlayStation's new sensor and Xbox connect all about???

4. WII NEEDS MORE ADULT GAMES - the Wii is aimed at people of all ages for some family and/or individual fun. While Mario Kart may seem like a childish game, I enjoy it despite being 24 years of age. Most people are referring to violent and gory games when they say "adult games". If you're a hard-core gamer, then perhaps, Wii isn't for you. It's for people who just look for an hour (or two) of fun every other day. I love having a laugh with my sister as we play tennis on it. But if I was going to lock myself in a room to try and finish every level of GOD OF WAR, then I wouldn't be buying a Wii. Please do your research before you purchase something and then bash it.

5. WII DOES NOT HAVE STRONG HARDWARE - not sure what this argument is about but if you're going to talk about "strong hardware" then let's have a laugh at the ever so expensive Xbox with it's 'ring of death' problems. I've HARDLY heard of people having issues with Wii's hardware performance but I do hear a lot of rants about the other two major consoles. Nintendo has more experience in the gaming field than Sony or Microsoft. There is a reason why they continue to make profits even when its two rivals were making losses.

I'm sure I'm going to strike some nerves with this review considering I made references to Xbox and PlayStation. Just to clear up, I will ALWAYS be in love with my old PlayStation, but truth be told, Nintendo broke the mould. It was the first console that brought body movements into game-play. People bashed the idea when it first came out and now they're camping outside stores in the middle of the night to get their hands on Kinect. 70 million plus people in the world have purchased the Wii (almost DOUBLE the amount of people who purchased other consoles in the same years) so I'm going to have to say that it is a pretty successful, innovative, and fun machine.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2011 8:49 AM GMT

Nintendo Wii Console with Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort and Motion Plus Controller (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply FANTASTIC, 19 Dec. 2010

Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2015 7:16 PM BST

PSP Component Cable (PSP)
PSP Component Cable (PSP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 19 Dec. 2010
Got myself a PSP more than a year ago and when staring at a small screen continuously got boring, I started shafting my beautiful little console. It just sat there gathering dust. That's when I came across the MadCatz PSP Component cable. In the beginning, I was confused about whether it was going to work or not because of all the mixed reviews on the internet but after purchasing it and giving it a shot, I couldn't be more pleased. It's an awesome way to play games on your TV direct from your PSP and it gives you a PlayStation 2 experience! Anyway, since there is a lot of confusion about the use of this cable, I will attempt to clear it up:

1. If you want to play games on your TV, you MUST have a PSP 3000 series slim & lite. 2000 series will only play movies on the TV, not actual games.

2. You do NOT need a high-tech TV for this. Mine is a really old standard Toshiba TV and it works perfectly on it.

3. Please read the instructions that come with the box to see what you have to do. If it doesn't work at first, unplug everything and switch off your TV. Then re-plug it the RIGHT WAY and turn the TV back on. It works perfectly fine.

I simply love this product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2011 12:56 PM BST

Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)
Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)

5.0 out of 5 stars WILL THE XBOX/PS3 PARTY PLEASE SHUT UP?, 19 Dec. 2010
Contrary to what you might think from the title of this review, I'm a girl who has owned ZX Spectrum, Atari, Sega, PlayStation (longest ownership) and now, Nintendo Wii. I couldn't be more neutral when it comes to gaming consoles. Honestly, if this wasn't a Wii review, I would tell everyone to go home because Atari takes the cake STILL.

3. SWINGING ARMS ALL THE TIME GETS OLD AND BORING - in case you didn't notice, there are classic controllers (not just the Game Cube ones) that are available for the Wii to play some of the games. Regardless, what's wrong with swinging your arms? Sitting on the couch in one position for hours and hours straight, tapping on the buttons frantically while staring at the screen is meant to be interesting!? I think you guys should do yourselves a favor and swing your arms, shed some weight, and get some exercise. It's actually quite therapeutic. And by the way...if swinging your arms isn't fun, then what are PlayStation's new sensor and Xbox Kinect all about???

Tony Hawk's Underground 2: Remix (PSP)
Tony Hawk's Underground 2: Remix (PSP)
Offered by Jenfau86

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game!, 15 Dec. 2010
Brilliant game for the PSP. Whether you like skateboarding or not, it totally sucks you in. The only problem is the difficult controls on the PSP but other than that, it's an awesome game that can keep you busy for hours (don't know if that's a good thing or bad!). Highly recommended.

Trading with Ichimoku Clouds: The Essential Guide to Ichimoku Kinko Hyo Technical Analysis (Wiley Trading)
by Manesh Patel

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price, 13 Dec. 2010
It's funny how I'm having a hard time having this review approved by Amazon. Although the content of the book is good, it's definitely NOT worth the price it is being sold that. I was shocked when I received this book that I bought for my dad (who is an expert). It's more like a pocket-sized guide, which you'd get for £15. Please think twice before you waste your money.

12v 4 Watt W Solar Panel Fold Up Briefcase Battery Trickle Charger
12v 4 Watt W Solar Panel Fold Up Briefcase Battery Trickle Charger
Offered by In21 Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Dad's happy with it!, 11 Dec. 2010
Bought this for my dad who is crazy about electronics and gadgets. He seemed to be very excited about this one so I bought it. Looks like a solid product, but I do agree with others re: the connectors. They could have been made a little better and more solid (hence, 4 stars), but overall, it's all good!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7