Profile for MISS ZJK > Reviews

Watch Dogs (PS4)
Offered by Lindot
Price: 41.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid game, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Watch Dogs (PS4) (Video Game)
Received my copy of the game early and have been playing it ever since. I really just want to urge people to not be deterred by the unnecessary criticisms and to give this game a chance. I promise you're not going to be disappointed as some of these reviews (which seem rather fake) are suggesting.

First things first, leave GTA out of the equation when playing this game. It's unfair to compare a well-established franchise with the same core theme to a fresh and new IP that happens to be open-world. Sure, GTA has set the gold standard when it comes to open-world games but there's a lot more to Watch Dogs than just that.

The story is solid, and it does a good job of sucking you into the game. Your character, Aiden Pearce, is well constructed. The game, in some parts, oddly reminds me a bit of Heavy Rain. The dark and gloomy atmosphere and the story, especially. And then some parts of the atmosphere where you see a bit of hustle bustle and daylight will remind you a bit of GTA. That said, the gameplay is pretty smooth. I have not experienced any major problems when driving or shooting like some people are suggesting, and Lord knows I'm only a casual gamer so I'm not a pro when it comes to these things. If I can manage, so can others. The hacking aspect feels very fresh and unique, and it's really fun and satisfying.

If there's one thing Ubisoft does well, it's creating in-game environments - complete with a fitting soundtrack. The music is very, very good and compliments whatever's happening in the game. Graphically, the game looks good. It's not outstanding as promised and I've seen better looking games, but overall, it still looks very good. If you're not too fussy about it like I am and want to enjoy the game for what it is, you'll love it.

We need more companies to experiment with new concepts like these. I'm tired of people praising the same old recycled concepts and games and tearing creativity apart. I think we need to be a little more mature. I trust that it will take another installment for Ubisoft to nail it. But as a new IP, it's a great game. Highly recommended!

inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
Price: 46.16

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE it!, 23 Mar 2014
Having played the original inFamous, I was dying to get my hands on this one. I must say that this game easily blows all other next-gen games out the water! Firstly, I know Killzone: Shadow Fall was supposed to be a technical and visual marvel of all sorts, but Second Son changed that the second it launched. It's visually stunning, and a real technical masterpiece. Additionally, the voice acting is top notch as other users have pointed out.

In terms of gameplay, Second Son is extremely fun and addictive. Controls are smooth and work like a charm. Surprisingly, I haven't come across any bugs and glitches thus far, which is fast becoming a feature of most modern-day games. The developers deserve some recognition for taking out the time and effort to deliver a perfect product. The action sequences are pretty solid, too.

Overall, Second Son is a must-buy and worth every penny. Highly recommended.

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)
Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)
Offered by zoverstocks
Price: 32.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Killzone: Shadow Fall, 22 Mar 2014
Killzone: Shadow Fall is slightly challenging to review, and how much you like/dislike the game depends on how you approach it. I've never really played a Killzone game before unless me giving it a go on the PSP back in the day counts. Lack of options on the PS4 made me pick this one up, and I certainly wasn't disappointed.

I think this game is being treated slightly unfairly because people forget that this is a PS4 launch title. I'm almost positive that while developing the game, the team was specifically told what was expected of them - a solid tech demo of the PS4 with a story tacked on to it. If you look at it that way, KZ: SF does the job, and it does it well. The game brilliantly shows off the PS4 and what it's capable of. I'm a single-player type of person so the campaign was all I played. I really loved the atmosphere, the setting, the graphics and even the tense music in some parts. The voice acting was so-so, however.

Now, if I look at this game from a KZ enthusiast's point of view, I can understand why it must have disappointed some people. Even for a newcomer, the story is pretty mediocre. It's forgettable and you can tell that there are some gaping holes in the plot. Additionally, I wasn't expecting the voice acting to be so dull.

Overall, as a launch title (which is how I viewed it), I give this game 4/5 stars.
Compared to other shooters from the previous gen (and I'm not talking about generic CoD and Battlefield stuff), it's 3/5.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 3:11 PM BST

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
Offered by Lindot
Price: 34.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Flag, 29 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Some of the reviews on here are just plain silly. It's an injustice to compare the PS4 version of the game to the PS3 version since, quite obviously, the only difference one would see is the graphics! I held off buying this game for the PS3 but purchased it as soon as I got the PS4 and I must say that I'm blown away. I'm a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed series, but the last one (AC: III) was a huge letdown and I reviewed it quite negatively. This installment, however, has PARTIALLY restored my faith. I say partially because I still don't think this franchise needs to be an annual one. On to the review.

If you've played any of the AC titles featuring Ezio Auditore, you'll notice that in terms of gameplay, Black Flag is quite similar. In a way, the game returns to its roots after the misadventure in AC III, and it's for the best. It's probably more accurate to say that the gameplay is a mixture of AC II, Brotherhood and Revelations. I do have some issues with the free-running, but nothing that deters me from enjoying the game. Story-wise, it's, kind of, predictable. But I grew to like to main protagonist in a similar way that I grew to like Ezio. I guess Ubisoft realized just how vague and bland Connor was. One of the things I also noticed was the difficulty level. Black Flag is more challenging than all previous AC titles. I have nothing to say about multiplayer except that I don't think that feature needs to be tacked on to this series. I don't even bother with it.

Graphically, the game is stunning. This is something that is pretty consistent when it comes to the Assassin's Creed series. All titles look beautiful, even the mediocre AC III. Music is also great but sadly, you don't get to hear much of it during the game, which is a bit of a turn-off. One of the things I loved about AC II was the music and how prominent it was.

Overall, great game, improved combat, solid controls. Minor quibbles don't make this game bad like many are suggesting. Worthy purchase.

Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
Offered by Clearance Game Deals
Price: 13.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Oct 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I think the main issue people have with this game is actually their own perception of what a video game is. Like any other industry, the games industry seems to be evolving and new genres of games (that aren't your typical "bang bang boom" shooters) are emerging.

Call it an interactive drama game or whatever you feel like, but you can't deny that Beyond: Two Souls is different, and that's actually a good thing. As a casual gamer, I'm enjoying "playing" through the story. My main focus remains the story and how the plot unfolds, NOT how Jodie runs, walks, shoots, drives, whatever.

I have no issues with the controls either. I've actually found them as simplistic as Heavy Rain's. Beyond: Two Souls is the kind of game that you can sit back, relax, and enjoy on any given day. I will admit that the story isn't the best I've ever seen in a game, but it's not poor by any standard. The acting is superb and I've quite enjoyed the little bit of "horror" in the game as well. I hope to see more games like these in the future.

Highly recommended.

Assassin's Creed Directors Cut [Download]
Assassin's Creed Directors Cut [Download]
Price: 8.98

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: DO NOT PURCHASE FROM AMAZON!, 15 Oct 2013
I just bought this game off of Amazon and to my surprise, the activation key is invalid! I've just emailed Amazon but don't expect a response from this useless lot. A similar thing happened to me when I bought Assassin's Creed II (at the same time) from Amazon. While I was able to redeem the code, the "deluxe edition" turned out to be a "standard edition". Avoid at all costs.

Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition [Download]
Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition [Download]
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: DO NOT PURCHASE FROM AMAZON, 15 Oct 2013
I should have listened to people online when they said that buying a Ubisoft game from Amazon with a Uplay requirement is more hassle than it's worth. Firstly, it took me ages to download. Amazon's downloader simply does not work. You will need Uplay downloader for the game. Secondly, once you redeem the code, you will realize that you're NOT getting the Deluxe Edition. It's actually the standard game. Very disappointed and have emailed Amazon but don't expect a response from them. Useless lot.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Price: 23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent farewell to the current generation, 19 Sep 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
WOW. GTA V has reached new heights in the games industry, and Rockstar has set the bar so high that even next-gen is going to take some time to catch up.

GTA V is a step up from GTA IV in every way (except for, maybe, the radio stations). While GTA IV was a little dark, grim, and gritty. This installment of the franchise ensures that the series returns to its roots, except it adds better driving, better controls, an excellent storyline, and a magnitude of features to it. The result is a masterpiece.

I'm sure no one needs a summary of the story for the billionth time so all I'm going to say is that if this game doesn't come to next-gen consoles, people will be playing the PS3 and Xbox 360 for a long time. And the fact that Rockstar has earned $800 million in sales within 24 hours is testament to that.

The world is huge, vibrant, realistic, and full of things to do. All I'm waiting for is GTA Online, which I think is going to bump GTA V up to my number one game of this generation. BUY. THIS. GAME. You won't regret it.

Remember Me (PS3)
Remember Me (PS3)
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A very unique game, 19 Aug 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Remember Me (PS3) (Video Game)
Sometimes, I don't understand gamers. They always complain that they want something fresh and original but when it hits store shelves, it's never good enough. Give this game a chance! The concept is unique and very original, and has a lot of potential. Remember Assassin's Creed and Mirror's Edge?

Since most other reviwers have mentioned the story (and it's all over the internet), I'll just list the pros and cons.

PROS:
- unique story, original concept
- great visuals and soundtrack! The futuristic Paris looks amazing

CONS:
- difficulty. This is the only thing about the game that threw me off. I'm a casual gamer so I don't like excessive amounts of combat and very high difficulty levels. Only a few chapters into the game the boss fights become unusually excruciating. Even the random enemies you encounter around the corner seem to be able to overpower you. The health system makes the game even more difficult despite the low difficulty settings.

Other than that, a great game that deserves a chance. The unnecessarily harsh criticism is beyond me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2014 6:09 PM GMT

Tomb Raider (PS3)
Tomb Raider (PS3)
Offered by Turbotrance
Price: 14.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Not your typical Tomb Raider, but fun nonetheless, 19 Jun 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tomb Raider (PS3) (Video Game)
This installment of Tomb Raider isn't your typical TR game, but it's fun, regardless.

Firstly, the game is gorgeous! Reminds me a little bit of Uncharted 2, but only darker and gloomier. Whether you're fighting the enemy or trying to climb up the radio tower, you'll find that the graphics are detailed and excellent.

I agree with the reviwer who said that the game involves too much combat for a typical Lara Croft game. And at some points, it could be nerve-wracking. But it didn't deter me from enjoying the game. I specifically loved the bow and arrow. As a matter of fact, I used it more than guns. The satisfaction of taking out the enemy with an arrow straight to his head was awesome.

I will agree that the story is a little bizarre since it doesn't follow the traditional Tomb Raider pattern, but it wasn't poor by any means. I would have liked to see some Tombs, not as a side-mission, but as the main story mission.

Overall, this is one of my favorite games of this year so far and I highly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6