Profile for Ruby slippers 66 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Italian Camino
The Italian Camino

4.0 out of 5 stars The Pilgrim's Progress?, 5 Jan. 2014
Until the past twelve months I hadn't realised that making the Pilgrimage to Rome existed but it seems to have taken off big-time, and everywhere there are records of various people who have made the effort. It's fascinating to read and see all the different views. Maggie Ramsay's account is one of the better ones. Lighthearted but determined, Maggie and her husband give substance without getting bogged down in the religious aspect. Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to write up your experiences, Maggie!

Journey To A Dream: A voyage of discovery from England's industrial north to Spain's rural interior (The Journey Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Patience is a virtue?, 1 Jan. 2014
Thanks to Craig for writing this book and I am so glad it has bitten you with the bug! :-) I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done to both you and Melanie for finding the necessary patience to cope with all the set backs you describe in the book and I am really pleased that you came through to the other side with your enthusiasm intact. I look forward to reading more from you in the future!

Even More Ketchup than Salsa: The Final Dollop
Even More Ketchup than Salsa: The Final Dollop

4.0 out of 5 stars gone but not forgotten!, 6 Dec. 2013
An enjoyable update. The end of the line for Joe and Joy - where the bar life is concerned, anyway! A little bit sad and certainly more drama and less comedy than the first book. I feel glad to know that the writing has continued and in Tenerife too. Good luck to Joe and Joy!

ICEHOTEL
ICEHOTEL

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cracking Read!, 23 Nov. 2013
This review is from: ICEHOTEL (Kindle Edition)
I don't usually read this genre of writing but I'm extremely glad I did! From start to finish, I couldn't put it down - and the denouement came out of the blue! Well done on writing a well thought out thriller/chiller, Hanna Allen! Excellent and highly recommended!

Pastures New (Round Ringford)
Pastures New (Round Ringford)

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable read, 20 Nov. 2013
I downloaded this book with reservations, but I was surprised to find how much I enjoyed it. Only 4 stars because it could do with a bit of proof reading but don't let that put you off. If you like the 'Miss Read' books, you will like this.

Vantastic France. Follow the adventures of a family moving to France
Vantastic France. Follow the adventures of a family moving to France

3.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining tale of love blowing hot and cold in Brittany!, 14 Nov. 2013
I downloaded this book thinking it was a non-fiction account of moving to France, but soon found out I was wrong. It is a novel set around a move to France! However, once I had realised that fact, I settled down to read it and found it to be a pleasant enough story. Not an earth-shattering classic, but highly readable.

The Wander Year: One Couple's Journey Around the World
The Wander Year: One Couple's Journey Around the World

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth reading, 11 Sept. 2013
I read a lot of travel adventure books and occasionally come across a nugget of pure gold amongst them. This is one such nugget! Highly recommended reading.

Letters from Oman
Letters from Oman

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 14 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Letters from Oman (Kindle Edition)
Wonderfully edited, beautifully written! I know the format of letters to...... or a diary have been used many times before, but this book was so easy to read, interesting and informative to a degree, that it seemed totally new. I loved it and I would urge anyone and everyone to read it. A very accomplished writer indeed! Well done, Nicky! Looking forward to reading more from you!

"OMAN"    "Under Arabian Skies" (Unabridged)
"OMAN" "Under Arabian Skies" (Unabridged)

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful insight!, 6 Aug. 2013
From start to finish this book kept me riveted. I am now determined to read 'Arabian Sands' by Wilfred Thesiger. Thank you, Rory, for writing this book. You are extremely lucky to have been born male, because you can go places and do things that I as a female can only dream of, so books like yours fill in the gaps. I do hope to read more from you in the future because, in all honesty, I didn't want the book to end!

Upholding Law and Disorder: Police Tales from the Front Line
Upholding Law and Disorder: Police Tales from the Front Line

3.0 out of 5 stars A tribute to our boys and girls in blue!, 21 July 2013
Having two members of the family working for the Met, I can honestly say that the reality of the job is nearer this book than TV cops and robbers! Read this for a more down to earth reality check on exactly what the job entails!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2013 12:04 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4