Profile for hagrid > Reviews

Content by hagrid

hagrid (uk)

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive for PC and Mac - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars I NEED BACK UP, 19 Feb. 2016
Works perfectly....for now!

Black CE Certificated 5V/2A 2000mAh Universal Folding UK Adaptor Mains Phone Tablet Charger Dual USB Plug for Android Tablets Samsung Galaxy Note 4/3 S4 S5 S6 Apple iPhone 6 6 Plus 5S 4S 5C 5 4 iPad 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Mini iPad Air iPods Samsung Galaxy Tablet Nokia Motorola HTC BlackBerry LG MP4/3 Players iPods
Offered by Aulola-uk

Never Say Die!
Never Say Die!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Fave Sabs album., 12 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Never Say Die! (Audio CD)
Well from the reviews on Amazon only one or two dismiss this album all together; even so I am here to counterbalance that negativity, for me it is the greatest Sabbath album of them all, yes that's what I said..the greatest of them all! It also has quite possibly my favourite artwork of any album ever. It brushes aside the cliched and boring satan stuff (yawn) and takes the music somewhere new yet still manages to be essentially Black Sabbath in much the same way as Van Halen's Diver Down managed too. This is the only Sabbath album that fully stands the test of time and the one I still play regulaly. Don't get me wrong I am not anti the other early albums I just think this had the most maturity and freshness of all of them . Even though Ozzy didn't like it he did a wonderful job on the vocals and no one could ever replace Ozzy's fab voice for me in the group . I'm sad they didn't stick together and progress musically as on this album.

I didn't like Technical Ecstacy however which was poor and I only liked its artwork and name which unfortunately isn't enough! Fortunately we all have different opinions and I know a someone who thinks exactly the opposite to me regarding these two albums ...oh well c'est la vie!

22 Dreams
22 Dreams
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars great cover but not great music, 28 Jun. 2008
This review is from: 22 Dreams (Audio CD)
I don't want to discuss each track as i think I would have to play the album more times than I care to, the problem is I just can't remember the songs. I loved the Style Council and everything they did , I liked a lot of the Jam's stuff and much of Weller's solo work but this album is a massive let down and I was really looking forward to hearing it on the strength of the interesting title and cover. Okay I do like the single and it's riff, its a great track but when you hear the singing on some of this album (Black Rivaaa) it is cringe making and that's being kind- it's also time to give up the ciggies as their killing your voice Paul. Maybe I'm wrong maybe I'll love this album after repeated plays,I really hope so but I doubt it. I think I'll listen to the new Coldplay record instead and a bit of Bobby Bland which I've just bought instead.
I disagree with the bloke below who slags off Sandinista , now that was a brilliant album which was magnificent in its entirety and the best Clash album in my humble opinion!
REVIEW UPDATE
This album has grown on me in the last year and was an ambitious departure for Paul Weller however I'm still not over excited by it.

R.E.M. Live
R.E.M. Live
Offered by Yvonne's Perfect Books,Cds & Games

4.0 out of 5 stars I Like it!, 19 Oct. 2007
This review is from: R.E.M. Live (Audio CD)
I disagree with the Amazon reviewer about not needing live albums today etc... I'm afraid I love them and am always excited when they are released but then I am a little old fashioned ( I also thought" Around The Sun" was an interesting and likeable album so there you go) .
Saying that I'm usually disappointed as Rock artists usually swear or talks drivel to the audience which for me I'd rather not listen to, so I'm always looking for the "perfect" live album where songs are sung and banter withheld.
This album is not the greatest live album ever made - the sound mix is not 100% to my liking BUT I do get that buzz and tingle from it ; they sing the songs and the comments are minimal. I think this cd will continue to grow on me and I for one am a satisfied REM fan.

Live At Leeds & More
Live At Leeds & More

1.0 out of 5 stars ruined by profanities and stupidity, 26 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Live At Leeds & More (Audio CD)
Got it home today ; album started well but then came his stuff about Bolero and f***** and his horsing around and all of that genius vanished, no more live albums for me , John needs to shut up and just play the music. This is no classic as far as I'm concerned.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2012 12:19 PM BST

Falling Leaves Return to Their Roots: The True Story of an Unwanted Chinese Daughter
by Adeline Yen Mah

5.0 out of 5 stars Falling Leaves by Adeline Yen Mah, 9 Nov. 2002
Its several years since I read this book but this has not diminished the feelings I have for it. I loved every word and was moved to tears more than once.The authors ability to make you care and therefore experience her emotional journey is the main reason it will stay in my mind when other books have been forgotten. This is another one of those books that would translate well into film.Anyone attempting this be warned...this is a tough act to follow.