Profile for Georgia Entrican > Reviews

Lorraine Pascale's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food
Lorraine Pascale's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food
by Lorraine Pascale

5.0 out of 5 stars Culinary Bible!, 17 Aug. 2012
I've never been talented enough to pull off fancy, complicated meals and so I tend to make no effort altogether and stick to standard, boring dishes. However, the recipe's in 'Fast, Fresh and Easy Food' are fairly simple and don't take up too much time which is fantastic for dinner parties or even nights in when you fancy something a little more intricate than beans on toast! I love that the book is vibrant and packed with colourful pictures of the finished dishes as it gives me something to aspire to when I'm cooking.

All of the recipes I have cooked so far were imaginative, flavoursome and looked fantastic when presented on a plate - this is a definite thumbs up for me as food presentation is always something I have struggled with! Although I am a keen meat eater, I was particularly impressed with the vegetarian dishes that Lorraine has created. I usually don't feel satisfied unless I've consumed some meat with my dinners but Lorraine's recipes have altered this feeling entirely - I would highly recommend the Butternut & Sweet Potato Lasagne!

For me this book has become something of a culinary bible and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Dirty Dancing [DVD]
Dirty Dancing [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patrick Swayze
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars "I carried a watermelon!", 16 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Dirty Dancing [DVD] (DVD)
Dirty Dancing is a feel good film I am able to watch over and over again due to its exhilarating and romantic storyline. Packed with pirouettes, watermelons and "spaghetti arms", this movie will have you spinning with excitement. What makes this iconic film a startling success is its visually engaging mixture of dance and romance.
Set in the summer of '63, Dirty Dancing follows the story of daddys girl "Baby" (Jenniffer Grey) whose life ambition is to save the world from poverty. The story takes a spin when Baby meets Johnny Castle (Patrick Swayze), a sexy dance instructor in search for a better life. Through the art of dance begins a powerful romance, one which must be kept hidden from Baby's father (Jerry Orbach) and Johnny's Boss.
For me the most impressive element of this film is the knowledge that it was produced on low budget, but after release in 1987 received a phenomenal response. I believe that this success was due to; the incredible soundtrack, the sensitive hunk Patrick Swayze, the memorable quotes, and above all the cheesy romantic ending!