ARRAY(0xa83eb9f0)

Profile for GUSR19 > Reviews

Content by GUSR19

GUSR19 "JimE" (Chicago, IL USA)

Blackball [DVD] [2003] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Blackball [DVD] [2003] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Paul Kaye
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 5.73

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking good yarn., 29 Mar 2014
OK, I am not and never have been into bowls, but this film portraying making it into a great spectator sport is really a funny thing to watch. It's even more amazing that the most British (to foreigners) co-star is an American ! Well worth watching :-)

DR WHO THE ELEVEN DOCTORS SIGNED A4 PHOTOGRAPH (DOCTOR WHO - DAVID TENNANT - MATT SMITH - TOM BAKER JON PERTWEE) SIGNED BY ALL 11 DOCTORS

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice photo., 1 Feb 2014
OK, some of the signatures are undecipherable, but that's fine :-) I expect they will be issuing a 12 doctors version as soon as they can ;-)

An Adventure in Space and Time [DVD]
An Adventure in Space and Time [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Bradley
Price: 8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent "documentary", 1 Feb 2014
This reconstruction of the origins of the Dr Who series is very good, and David Bradley is a really good choice to play William Hartnell ... I'd give it 6 stars if I could :-)

London 2012 Olympic Games  [DVD]
London 2012 Olympic Games [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Boyle
Offered by plusnoise
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent version of the ceremonies !, 9 Oct 2013
The NBC version we get in the USA is far inferior, with much cutting and even no explanation for "Bubbles", which must have confused most viewers !

Official Doctor Who 50th Special 2014 Calendar (Calendars 2014)
Official Doctor Who 50th Special 2014 Calendar (Calendars 2014)
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars You can never have enough Dr Who calendars !, 9 Oct 2013
Particularly as it';s the 50th anniversary, this is my second ! I think they will all go around my cube at work :-)

Official Doctor Who 2014 Calendar (Calendars 2014)
Official Doctor Who 2014 Calendar (Calendars 2014)
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars You can never have enough Dr Who calendars !, 9 Oct 2013
Particularly as it';s the 50th anniversary, this is my third ! I think they will all go around my cube at work :-)

The Big Knights [Blu-ray]
The Big Knights [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Brian Blessed ( Voice )
Price: 5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great cartoons., 9 Oct 2013
I had only seen these on transatlantic flights, so I bought them knowing they were Region 2 while I live in Region 1, unluckily our standard DVD players won't handle them :-( I will find a way given time though, they are worth it :-)

How To Train Your Dragon [DVD]
How To Train Your Dragon [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jay Baruchel
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovable story about an oddball who makes good., 22 Dec 2011
The star of the film, other than the dragon being trained, is a youth who just does not fit in as a Viking, he is what would pass as a nerd. In the end he turns everything around and ends up as the hero :)

Despicable Me [DVD] [2010]
Despicable Me [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Steve Carell
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovable family stuff ... For adults too :), 22 Dec 2011
This review is from: Despicable Me [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I love this movie because it seems so well modelled on real life in the modern business world :) It's good for children too of course :) Freeze ray !