Profile for R. Layton > Reviews

Content by R. Layton

R. Layton "Thrud1973" (Wales)

The North Borders
The North Borders

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album., 9 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The North Borders (MP3 Download)
Perfect because it introduced me to Szjerdene for which I am very grateful.

Mellow, varied and sublime when I was looking for new things to listen to.

Magnificent Obsession: Why Jesus is Great
Magnificent Obsession: Why Jesus is Great
by David A. Robertson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for those exploring apologetics and their faith., 9 Feb. 2014
I am pretty new to Christian Apologetics and to the atheist vs theist arguments and this is now the second book by David Robertson I have read.

I have learned a lot from it, so much so that I committed the cardinal sin of book ownership and went through it and highlighted the passages that stood out, and there are quite a lot. I have a feeling I will be turning to this book many times in the future and it deserves more than one reading.

Written in letter format it deals worth the author's own personal obsession with Jesus and the facts and theologies that have led him to his position.

It's very clearly written, well argued and it's a book I wish I had been able to read years ago when I was the angry atheist arguing with Christians. It would have save a lot of soul searching and shortened the whole process down for me from non-belief to now wanting to become an ordained minister myself.

The Rob Roy Way: From Drymen to Pitlochry
The Rob Roy Way: From Drymen to Pitlochry
by Jacquetta Megarry
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and informative., 19 Jun. 2012
Firstly, it's bound in such a way that makes it read-able on the go. It's waterproof, very handy for up here in Scotland.

The information contained is ideal, just enough for the novice walker and again, enough for the more experienced hiker. The pictures are excellent and again helpful with overlaid paths on them so you can relate the terrain to the image and then work out your route in advance.

Simple, low weight and just a very neat idea!

Good fold out map too, not OS standards, but good enough for planning your daily route.

Colours
Colours
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 9 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Colours (Audio CD)
Fantastic album. After a gap of 13 years for me away from the genre (marriage really screws your music listening up at times) I was busy re-aquireing my old LTJ Bukem tunes when this popped up as a recomendation and I am jolly glad it did.

Fantastic mix of harder jungle (Circles) with some fantastic funky liquid tunes as well.

This instantly went into my top ten albums. Love it.