Profile for Mr. M. Hebblewhite > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Hebblewhite

Mr. M. Hebblewhite "Studio1st Review" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Manfrotto LED-Light ML360HP Midi Plus
Manfrotto LED-Light ML360HP Midi Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect LED Light, 14 July 2014
I think it's great, very bright and battery last for quite a long time. Also saved us when we got caught in a snow storm in Iceland and had to use it as a torch.

Half Moon Bay Boxed Mug, Only Fools and Horses You Plonker!
Half Moon Bay Boxed Mug, Only Fools and Horses You Plonker!
Offered by Gifts For All 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Ideal for that plonker you work with.

Navman Tourer Sat Nav - UK, ROI & Europe
Navman Tourer Sat Nav - UK, ROI & Europe

1.0 out of 5 stars If you like being lost then by a Navman - RUBBISH, 14 July 2014
The family holiday consists of us getting in our car and driving around Europe - no set location, our average holiday drive is around 3000 miles, going through almost all EU countries. By far Navman Tourer has the worst maps I've every come across, we have been lead into fields and dead end road, your location jumps around as if you are flying. Thankfully, we always carry a regular paper map with us, even when it's out of date - it's more in-date than the Navman.

Oh my - installing maps, what a task, it's like pulling teeth with their terrible NavDesk application. You would think that a company that makes user-interfaces for a living, would create a user friendly interface with their NavDesk application. It just goes to show, they haven't even got that right.

Even though I own one, I wish I could simply chuck it away and buy a different brand; however, they are expensive and can't justify just buying another one.

I highly recommend not buying a Navman.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2014 4:00 PM BST

TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition Satellite Navigation Unit Europe
TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition Satellite Navigation Unit Europe

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 15 July 2009
OK, I am going on a driving trip around Europe, and what do I feel I need. The TomTom XL IQ Routes addition.

TomTom IQ number 1...
Purchased it, with a big smile. Followed the instructions, connected it to my computer (OS Vista), the TomTom Home application stated that I need to update my TomTom. Click update and download 2GB of updates. Fine, TomTom fails to start. Followed all the instructions on their site, still did not start. Wrote them an email, no response at all... Sent item back to the shop and a got a replacement.

TomTom IQ number 2...
Happy, I have recieved my new TomTom to replace my faulty one. This time, I will not connect it to my computer with (OS Vista), I will connect it to my other computer (OS Win 2000). The TomTom Home application states that I need to update it. I follow the instructions, and download 2GB of maps. Downloads fine, get to the install and it fails, try again and it fails again. I have now been sat in front of my computers trying to get the damn thing to work. No joy and a total waste of time.

I will be sending this one back and sticking to my road map of Europe.

I am dissapointed with TomTom as they have no customer care and also dissapointed with their TomTom XL IQ.

50kg Folding Aluminium Hand Sack Truck
50kg Folding Aluminium Hand Sack Truck
Offered by ONLINEDEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect trolley, 16 Feb. 2009
I job requires me to carry around quite a lot of equipment; this is sturdy and even though it states do not carry a person on it; of course I tried with a 12 stone guy and it withstood him...

If you need a good folding trolley, then I would say that this is one of the best on the market.

Return of the Indian
Return of the Indian
by Lynne Reid Banks

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love them, 16 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Return of the Indian (Paperback)
The Little Indian range of books by Lynne Reid Banks, are a must have; they have inspired my two little children to read. Out with Horrid Henry and in with these books.

To be honest, I loved reading these books to my daughter (6), as for my son (8), he could not wait to read the next books.

Buy them, they are good harmless fun, the main character comes across a few morale dilemmas that he has to battle; and he battles them well.

Secret of the Indian (Indian in the Cupboard)
Secret of the Indian (Indian in the Cupboard)
by Lynne Reid Banks

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love them, 16 Feb. 2009

Best Business Practices for Photographers
Best Business Practices for Photographers
by John Harrington

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all we have and it's all good info..., 16 Feb. 2009
Even though it is based at the American audience; this book is a helpful guide for the professional photographer, and many of these rules can be applied in the UK, in fact where ever you live; this is a useful manual and should be on your reading list, as the previous reviewer states "I will keep my copy on the reference shelf".

In my mind, this is a reader and a keeper.

Pro Digital Fashion Photography: A Complete Reference Guide to the Tools and Techniques of Successful Digital Fashion Photography
by Bruce Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it - you will not regret it..., 16 Feb. 2009
I like to recommend books to my photography students; however, recommendations must come from me, this means I own quite a few rubbish books.

So, I bought two book "Pro Digital Fashion Photography" (this book) and "The Fashion Photography Course".

To my surprise both these books are brilliant, I could not give a higher recommendation. If you are interested in Fashion Photography, then you need both these books.

Please click on the link below to view the other recommended book.
The Fashion Photography Course: First Principles to Successful Shoot - the Essential Guide

Emil And The Detectives (Red Fox Classics)
Emil And The Detectives (Red Fox Classics)
by Erich Kästner

5.0 out of 5 stars That is why it is a Classic, 28 Nov. 2008
As a child, this must have been one of my most favourite books. 30 years on and bored reading the Horrid Henry books to my son, I decided to find this book and read it to my son, and we had great fun in reading this book. This story maybe from a different decade; however, with such an enchanting story, that is told with sheer vividness, that my son has told all his friends about it and even bought a copy for his best friend. I highly recommend this book, as it's not only a good read; it has some good moral lessons.

Page: 1 | 2